Nokia Lumia 510 now official: affordable Windows Phone with a 4-inch screen
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2012, 02:09 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 510, the Windows Phone handset that is expected to become Nokia’s most affordable one, has now finally gone official…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh... i thought WP7.8... maybe the OS isnt ready yet!!! maybe they'll just give it as an update!
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1692; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
They should have made the handset with wp8 even if the price tag will change a bit if they had to modify the hardware for it to be compatible.
4. maverick786us (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
WP8 will not be compatible with such a low hardware specs device
9. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
then better buy Sony xperia tipo OR Samsung galaxy music with android 4.1 instead of this crap.Android 4.1 is compatible with low hardware specs.Android rocks.
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
lol no!!! it take android to version 4.1 to make android UI comparable to the smoothness and zero laggyness of iOS and WP...
so buying low end android is not a pleassure! and JB was made to be modern!
15. samystic (Posts: 195; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
you should not be here if Android is better... your 'interest' brought you here...
19. maverick786us (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
J.B will not work on anything less than dual core
35. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
You are missing a point, this phone has much better display and cam(arguable) for the prize when compared to the android phones from mainstream brands in the same price range. But it compromises in storage space (no expansion). This phone is a great choice for people who are happy with 4 GB.
7. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think 7.8 will be like android 2.3 or GB coz a lot of phones still powers by GB instead of ICS...coz i think WP8 isnt really compatible for very low end specs yet!
and 7.8 will be like a low version of WP8... there's mass storage and BT transfer...but i wish memory card slot though...
29. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I thought Nokia's press release indicated a 4"-diagonal screen, not 3.7"?
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
yay! Getting this phone for my sis....
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
actually here in the philippines, one of the retailer and i think nokia philippines too already cut the price of the 3 lumias---610,710 and 800.... price php6850 or US$ 167 for 610, php8350 or US$ 203 for 710 and the best price drop is lumia 800 for only php 13500 or US$329 from php23500 or US$573....
but i think 510 is better than 610... i mean its already at 4" screen size!
8. dnyalexander (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I think the lumia 710 is a better option. it's just $190 on amazon and has better specs.
11. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Indeed... 710 is way better... Same specs with lumia 800..
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
yay! Getting this phone for my sis....
26. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3048; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Two similar comments??? I bet you have two sis...:P
30. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lol no... dunno how did this happen. Likely my mobile browser should be the convict :(
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3048; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Kidding man...happens with me too!! Chill!! :D
10. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
That's why I love Nokia..!
It's the only company that actually respects India!
27. maverick786us (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Nokia will always be respected in Europe. Galaxy phones are only temporary hype. With the release of Lumia 920. Nokia will get its grip back on European market. For North American market it has serious challange while competiting with Apple
14. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
True... India has played a major role in sustaining Nokia in recent days. While company is faced numerous challenges in selling phones in developed countries, the Asha and entry level phones still sell well here. Though I see more and more people buying smartphones in India now. Hopefully Nokia would do well here as always!
18. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Nokia, RIM and Sammy are the only companies that are bothered about India.
23. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Apple is the worst..
They price their products sKy high here in India..(Literally I mean it)
HTC is also not the best
I mean they too price their smartphones high as compared to other countries..
25. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
One would see Nokia and Samsung TV ads all the time on TVs.
There are no promotions by APPLE,HTC,MOTOROLA(it's actually a FAIL in india)
36. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I heard that Motorola are planning to pull out of India, I hope Iam wrong though. I have seen Apple 's commercials, they probably air it only on the month of their product launch. I have also seen some LG ads recently(L series). But i agree I have never seen a htc advertisement till date.
37. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
let the go away..I don't realy like motorola with their locked bootloaders..
I haven't seen any Apple ad. on tv till now...nevaa...
although u r right LG have promoted their cheap L series smartphones here in India..
31. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Yeah, Nokia is the only company that offers turn-by-turn navigation in the caribbean.
16. DLUVPARMAR (Posts: 50; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Yupp...I am Indian n I love my asha 300...n I also love my Lumia 710..NOKIA ROCKKS AGAIN...
34. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
And I love my 610 and neXus!
Both are very smooth...like ButTeR!
17. JamesHunt (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Very nice phone at low cost. I m fed up with the low res , pixelated android phones out there, in the name of low cost smartphones. But internal memory should have been atleast 8 gb , cause i think only 3.5 Gb will be available to end user.
21. maverick786us (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Yes unlike Lumia 920, this device doesn't have a unibody so they should have provided memory card slot
22. JamesHunt (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
But i think wp7.5 does nt supports card slot. i am nt sure about it.
28. maverick786us (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Whoops that point totally skipped out of my mind. lol.
20. maverick786us (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
This device is design to compete with low end "Samsuck" devices, and such devices probably will bring down the sales of low end "Samsuck" devices.