Nokia Lumia 510 now official: affordable Windows Phone with a 4-inch screen
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Oct 2012, 02:09
The Nokia Lumia 510, the Windows Phone handset that is expected to become Nokia’s most affordable one, has now finally gone official…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 23 Oct 2012, 02:12 5
oh... i thought WP7.8... maybe the OS isnt ready yet!!! maybe they'll just give it as an update!
2. tiara6918 posted on 23 Oct 2012, 02:17 0
They should have made the handset with wp8 even if the price tag will change a bit if they had to modify the hardware for it to be compatible.
4. maverick786us posted on 23 Oct 2012, 02:22 3
WP8 will not be compatible with such a low hardware specs device
9. pokharkarsaga posted on 23 Oct 2012, 03:12 3
then better buy Sony xperia tipo OR Samsung galaxy music with android 4.1 instead of this crap.Android 4.1 is compatible with low hardware specs.Android rocks.
13. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 23 Oct 2012, 03:45 3
lol no!!! it take android to version 4.1 to make android UI comparable to the smoothness and zero laggyness of iOS and WP...
so buying low end android is not a pleassure! and JB was made to be modern!
15. samystic posted on 23 Oct 2012, 04:16 0
you should not be here if Android is better... your 'interest' brought you here...
19. maverick786us posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:17 0
J.B will not work on anything less than dual core
24. insanoshaman posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:44 5
Doesn't Nexus S have JB?
35. predator93 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:03 0
You are missing a point, this phone has much better display and cam(arguable) for the prize when compared to the android phones from mainstream brands in the same price range. But it compromises in storage space (no expansion). This phone is a great choice for people who are happy with 4 GB.
7. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 23 Oct 2012, 02:27 2
i think 7.8 will be like android 2.3 or GB coz a lot of phones still powers by GB instead of ICS...coz i think WP8 isnt really compatible for very low end specs yet!
and 7.8 will be like a low version of WP8... there's mass storage and BT transfer...but i wish memory card slot though...
29. -box- posted on 23 Oct 2012, 07:40 0
I thought Nokia's press release indicated a 4"-diagonal screen, not 3.7"?
5. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 23 Oct 2012, 02:23 0
actually here in the philippines, one of the retailer and i think nokia philippines too already cut the price of the 3 lumias---610,710 and 800.... price php6850 or US$ 167 for 610, php8350 or US$ 203 for 710 and the best price drop is lumia 800 for only php 13500 or US$329 from php23500 or US$573....
but i think 510 is better than 610... i mean its already at 4" screen size!
8. dnyalexander posted on 23 Oct 2012, 03:04 3
I think the lumia 710 is a better option. it's just $190 on amazon and has better specs.
11. shadez10 posted on 23 Oct 2012, 03:17 2
Indeed... 710 is way better... Same specs with lumia 800..
26. Nathan_ingx posted on 23 Oct 2012, 06:49 1
Two similar comments??? I bet you have two sis...:P
30. eisenbricher posted on 23 Oct 2012, 07:46 2
lol no... dunno how did this happen. Likely my mobile browser should be the convict :(
33. Nathan_ingx posted on 23 Oct 2012, 09:08 2
Kidding man...happens with me too!! Chill!! :D
10. kartik4u98 posted on 23 Oct 2012, 03:17 4
That's why I love Nokia..!
It's the only company that actually respects India!
27. maverick786us posted on 23 Oct 2012, 07:04 3
Nokia will always be respected in Europe. Galaxy phones are only temporary hype. With the release of Lumia 920. Nokia will get its grip back on European market. For North American market it has serious challange while competiting with Apple
14. eisenbricher posted on 23 Oct 2012, 03:49 5
True... India has played a major role in sustaining Nokia in recent days. While company is faced numerous challenges in selling phones in developed countries, the Asha and entry level phones still sell well here. Though I see more and more people buying smartphones in India now. Hopefully Nokia would do well here as always!
18. No_Nonsense posted on 23 Oct 2012, 04:42 3
Nokia, RIM and Sammy are the only companies that are bothered about India.
23. kartik4u98 posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:43 2
Apple is the worst..
They price their products sKy high here in India..(Literally I mean it)
HTC is also not the best
I mean they too price their smartphones high as compared to other countries..
25. kartik4u98 posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:46 1
One would see Nokia and Samsung TV ads all the time on TVs.
There are no promotions by APPLE,HTC,MOTOROLA(it's actually a FAIL in india)
36. predator93 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 04:18 0
I heard that Motorola are planning to pull out of India, I hope Iam wrong though. I have seen Apple 's commercials, they probably air it only on the month of their product launch. I have also seen some LG ads recently(L series). But i agree I have never seen a htc advertisement till date.
37. kartik4u98 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 14:38 0
let the go away..I don't realy like motorola with their locked bootloaders..
I haven't seen any Apple ad. on tv till now...nevaa...
although u r right LG have promoted their cheap L series smartphones here in India..
31. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 23 Oct 2012, 08:56 1
Yeah, Nokia is the only company that offers turn-by-turn navigation in the caribbean.
16. DLUVPARMAR posted on 23 Oct 2012, 04:18 6
Yupp...I am Indian n I love my asha 300...n I also love my Lumia 710..NOKIA ROCKKS AGAIN...
34. kartik4u98 posted on 23 Oct 2012, 09:58 0
And I love my 610 and neXus!
Both are very smooth...like ButTeR!
17. JamesHunt posted on 23 Oct 2012, 04:36 3
Very nice phone at low cost. I m fed up with the low res , pixelated android phones out there, in the name of low cost smartphones. But internal memory should have been atleast 8 gb , cause i think only 3.5 Gb will be available to end user.
21. maverick786us posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:20 1
Yes unlike Lumia 920, this device doesn't have a unibody so they should have provided memory card slot
22. JamesHunt posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:31 0
But i think wp7.5 does nt supports card slot. i am nt sure about it.
28. maverick786us posted on 23 Oct 2012, 07:06 0
Whoops that point totally skipped out of my mind. lol.
20. maverick786us posted on 23 Oct 2012, 05:18 4
This device is design to compete with low end "Samsuck" devices, and such devices probably will bring down the sales of low end "Samsuck" devices.