Nokia Lumia 505 teased, wants to become its cheapest Windows Phone yet
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:07
To get Windows Phone to even more people it needs cheaper devices. And that’s where the Nokia Lumia 505 comes in…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. flexile posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:26 3 0
I assume it will be around $4000 (pesos, mxn), which should be around $320 dls. However, Nokia 510 costs $3200 pesos here, so there might be a possiblity for 505 to be even cheaper, which would be rare due to it's 8mpx camera.
11. PhenomFaz posted on 05 Dec 2012, 11:42 0 0
it looks nice for a low-end phone. but nokia has eveer had problems reaching out to the economy class, it lost its footing in the premier segment. thats what nokia needs to focus on with winners like Lumia 920
2. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:26 8 1
Wait...i thought 620 was the cheapest.
Wow, Nokia is really bringing it on!!
4. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:40 1 2
From what i see, the WP integration on the home screen, it's WP8. Unless Nokia is just promoting it regardless of the OS used in the 505!
6. Amro_ posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:44 2 0
I think it's WP7.8 since it has the old Office logo
7. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:48 2 1
Oh, i missed that spot!! :D
21. raunak posted on 06 Dec 2012, 00:23 0 0
somehow, nokia manages to create devices with good (also different) designs even if they are aiming for low or mid-range
10. 7thspaceman posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:36 1 1
wow Folks Nokia is really pushing Windows smart phones to be sold at all levels but how well will they work and folks will they continue to sell the Nokia lumia 800 and 900 smart phones and at a lower cost because they are single core CPU smart phones . I hope that Nokia puts Dual core CPU electronics and a high definition screen into the The Nokia Lumia 800 and 900 bodies to create a second high end smart phone with a high definition screen .the powerful Lumia 920 is the only Nokia smart phone to have a high definition screen to compete with the Iphones and Android smart phones. what a shame too
because both the Lumia 800 and 900 are smaller easier to handle smart phones than a big honking more expensive Lumia 920. not everyone wants a super sized smart phone.
12. downphoenix posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:04 0 0
Wont run Angry Birds with only 256MB of ram, whoops!
17. flexile posted on 05 Dec 2012, 16:28 1 0
I live in Mexico and I can tell you that it is not fake.
15. cdgoin posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:51 0 0
After playing with my sons 8X and 810, and my DVP.. I REALLY think from a "regular customer" they wouldnt be able to tell the difference between 7.8 and 8. So using 7.8 (Given by MS to Nokia for pennies) on entry phones, makes the 8 phones that much more of a status phone in those countries.. Makes a lot of sense.
18. flexile posted on 05 Dec 2012, 16:28 1 0
No, it doesn't. Kind of a waste of camera if you ask me.
24. Lauticol posted on 09 Dec 2012, 12:04 0 0
yeah, 8Mpx and no flash. What were they thinking?
19. MC1123 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:02 0 0
windows phone what? 7.8? if they want to compete with low end android, they better add memory card slot on that thing!
23. jibraihimi posted on 06 Dec 2012, 09:00 0 0
8MP camera for this, and only 5MP for lumia 620
25. flexile posted on 10 Dec 2012, 16:59 0 0
Confirmed: It will run WP 7.8 (most likely WP 7.5 with a future update in Jan-Feb).