Nokia Lumia 505 teased, wants to become its cheapest Windows Phone yet
0. phoneArena 05 Dec 2012, 09:07 posted on
To get Windows Phone to even more people it needs cheaper devices. And that’s where the Nokia Lumia 505 comes in…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. flexile (Posts: 66; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I assume it will be around $4000 (pesos, mxn), which should be around $320 dls. However, Nokia 510 costs $3200 pesos here, so there might be a possiblity for 505 to be even cheaper, which would be rare due to it's 8mpx camera.
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
it looks nice for a low-end phone. but nokia has eveer had problems reaching out to the economy class, it lost its footing in the premier segment. thats what nokia needs to focus on with winners like Lumia 920
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wait...i thought 620 was the cheapest.
Wow, Nokia is really bringing it on!!
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
From what i see, the WP integration on the home screen, it's WP8. Unless Nokia is just promoting it regardless of the OS used in the 505!
6. Amro_ (Posts: 12; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I think it's WP7.8 since it has the old Office logo
5. redmd (Posts: 786; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
it's WP 7.8 version of the uber cheap Nokia 510
21. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
somehow, nokia manages to create devices with good (also different) designs even if they are aiming for low or mid-range
10. 7thspaceman (Posts: 900; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
wow Folks Nokia is really pushing Windows smart phones to be sold at all levels but how well will they work and folks will they continue to sell the Nokia lumia 800 and 900 smart phones and at a lower cost because they are single core CPU smart phones . I hope that Nokia puts Dual core CPU electronics and a high definition screen into the The Nokia Lumia 800 and 900 bodies to create a second high end smart phone with a high definition screen .the powerful Lumia 920 is the only Nokia smart phone to have a high definition screen to compete with the Iphones and Android smart phones. what a shame too
because both the Lumia 800 and 900 are smaller easier to handle smart phones than a big honking more expensive Lumia 920. not everyone wants a super sized smart phone.
12. downphoenix (Posts: 2232; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Wont run Angry Birds with only 256MB of ram, whoops!
17. flexile (Posts: 66; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I live in Mexico and I can tell you that it is not fake.
15. cdgoin (Posts: 355; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
After playing with my sons 8X and 810, and my DVP.. I REALLY think from a "regular customer" they wouldnt be able to tell the difference between 7.8 and 8. So using 7.8 (Given by MS to Nokia for pennies) on entry phones, makes the 8 phones that much more of a status phone in those countries.. Makes a lot of sense.
16. Lauticol (Posts: 132; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
it's me or it doesn't have any LED flash?
18. flexile (Posts: 66; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
No, it doesn't. Kind of a waste of camera if you ask me.
24. Lauticol (Posts: 132; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
yeah, 8Mpx and no flash. What were they thinking?
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
windows phone what? 7.8? if they want to compete with low end android, they better add memory card slot on that thing!
20. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
and the picture tells that its WP8.. great nokia
23. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
8MP camera for this, and only 5MP for lumia 620
25. flexile (Posts: 66; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Confirmed: It will run WP 7.8 (most likely WP 7.5 with a future update in Jan-Feb).