Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet launching on AT&T November 22nd for $399
0. phoneArena 15 Nov 2013, 09:32 posted on
We knew the tablet was coming, we just didn't know when. Now AT&T has announced the official release date for the Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet running Windows RT 8.1. The official word is that the tablet from Nokia will be released on Friday November 22nd, the same day as the Nokia Lumia 1520 and the Xbox One, meaning it will be an all-around Microsoft day...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Nice design, nice specs, nice price... bad OS.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
HP Omni 10 and Dell Venue Pro are the same price with full 8.1. Pass.
4. ballaonnabudget (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 May 2013)
HP Omni 10 and Dell Venue Pro.... No LTE, No all day battery life, GPS??? Yeah i'll pass on those. The desktop is dying get onboard or be a dinosaur.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Mobile Hotspot ---> LTE speeds
Battery life of those tabs are rated to about 8 hours, so that's pretty much a full day
What are the odds of using your tablet as a GPS? Do you see people using Apple Maps or Google Maps with their tablets? Here, I'll answer that for you - no.
Windows 8.1 > 8.1 RT. Period.
17. ballaonnabudget (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 May 2013)
1. Not everyone has unlimited data or carries around a mobile hotspot
2. Battery life on those devices in real world is not 8 hours. Ask my coworker that has one 4 hours of solid use at best.
3. We use tablets for GPS in all our company issued vehicles.
4. 8.1 > 8.1 RT all depending on what your needs are. Thats your opinion. Some people value battery life and speed over power.
9. papss (unregistered)
HE and Dell haven't made great hardware for a while. I'll take a surface pro 2 for real 8.1 use and I'd pick the 2520 rather than those slow machines you mentioned. Granted I'm not in love with rt.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Correction - Dell Venue 11 Pro.
Slow? Intel Atom Z3770 with up to 2.4Ghz thanks to Turbo Boost is slow? It doesn't have the best GPU, but the CPU is pretty damn good for a tablet. Also, the Dell Venue Pro 11 can be configured to run a Core i5 chip, which literally puts the S800 to shame. You have configuration settings for what you want with these two tablets, but the option isn't there for the 2520. Don't get me wrong, the 2520 isn't a bad tablet. The fact that it's running RT at a price point of $499 retail is what kills it completely.
13. jove39 (Posts: 1817; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
May be MS pressed Nokia to use RT!
Anyway, wish next time nokia move to real windows and atom soc.
3. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Explain why it is a bad os other than lacking apps.
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Because always when you use it, you think like this: " Awwww I'm so close to get full Windows experience but I just can't get it.. "
10. papss (unregistered)
Great price and hardware. Great job pricing these right this time. Still prefer full w8.1 though
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Windows 8.1 is good for computer but it's awful tablet OS even though the multitasking gestures are nice. But otherwise people should just get Windows laptop and Nexus or iPad. I have touchscreen 8.1 Asus laptop. Great computer, crappy tablet.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Windows 8 was build all around touchscreen devices and it's an awful OS?
18. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Windows 8 is a great OS on both tablets and PC's.
19. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It's a great OS, no doubt. Im just saying that the tablet part is not as good as Android and iOS. Only thing Windows has advantage is office. But office might be coming to Android and iOS too and they already have free quickoffice. And what comes to gestures, tablet iOS already has them. But everyone have their own opinion. No OS is best or perfect.
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
How is the modern interface not as good as idroid tablets❔
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
How the hell is it awful❔ Do you use it everyday❔.. I use it extensively everyday, and it is practically the same as any previous version of Windows, except it has the added feature of the modern interface, which you don't have to use if you don't want to. The file manager is still in the desktop mode, and if you used it you would know how to access everything,, much faster.. Just because you can't figure out what 5 year olds already have doesn't mean that W8 is bad.. It just means that you're to closed minded, and set in your ways.. If this OS works good on a touch laptop, then it sure will on a tablet, and don't start that stupid mess about what a tablet is supposed to be.. The last thing we need is for people like you defining what our experience across all options should be.. Quit Bitchin@❕