Nokia Lumia 2520 specs comparison vs Apple iPad vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 03:24 posted on
Nokia has revealed its first tablet, the 10-inch Lumia 2520, and it is the colorful pillow-shaped device that you’d expect from Nokia…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
they forgot to mention
Xperia Tablet Z, the latest and the still the best for 2013
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
And the winner of best tablet of year award from EISA.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10096; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's old news. What they have up there is fine in my book. Note 10.1 is Android's flagship, iPad 4 is currently Apple's (8 more hours!) and now and 2520 is RT's.
18. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Here Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition wins.. !
2. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
HA!!! Love the fact the Nokia has mid-range (better than the ipad) specs but has the lowest price of the 3
4. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Mid-range? I don't think the Snapdragon 800 is midrange. And if you're talking about the screen, I think that 2560 x 1600 on a 10" screen is a bit excessive and battery draining.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10096; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Once you use a high resolution screen, you'll never say that again.
19. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Using always Higher resolution is good for eyes !
20. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition is best TABLET in the world !
13. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I class the Snapdragon 800 as par and wont accept anything less. As for screen specs, ive been spoilt by my Nexus 10, hence why 218 PPI seems low to me
5. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Just love it nokia.. Look at the pics... IPad looks so outdated lol
6. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Hmmm, I have no idea which tablet I prefer:
Nokia: Great design, but (for the moment) crippled OS.
Apple: Pretty good design (albeit boring), again crippled OS.
Samsung: Poor design, great specs, great OS ruined by Samsung's laggy skin.
9. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Sony: Great Design, Ok Specs, Great Build Quality, Poor Battery
15. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
HTC: Terrible, because they have yet to put out a tablet in the last 3 years.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10096; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Have you used the Note 10.1 in person? Touchwiz makes the experience 10x better than any other tablet. Give credit where credit is due.
24. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
if you read reviews (e.g. on androidpolice.com), they state that the Note 10.1 is indeed laggy.
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10096; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Reviews aren't the same as real life performance...
22. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
No mhaaan its not laggy !!
Samsung 2014 edition is best !! I love the design!!!! really its not laggy.. note 3 does not lag so it will not lag !
25. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Note 3 has 1080p, Note 10.1 has quadruple the number of pixels.
7. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
"It runs on Windows 8.1 RT and comes at a price of $500" Is it really worth that much? :P
17. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
If only Nokia had loaded this with Windows 8.1 instead of RT, they would have struggled to keep up with the demand. RT will put off a lot of potential buyers.
23. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1372; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
i like this tablet .most of the stuff i do is Internet based any how i could use it as my fun and games Tablet and use it to make a serious doument if i want to because folks it comes preloaded with Microsoft Office home and student plus also comes with MS "outlook"
that's not a bad deal however the Surface 2 it's cousin is 50 dollars cheaper. folks if
Microsoft put an atom processor in the plastic case of the nokia 2520 so it could run windows 8.1 and sells it for 375 to 400 dollars Man OH Man Microsoft would make lots of cash selling them. but the Question is where is the Aluminum case Nokia windows 8.1 tablet that was mentioned being tested some months back. What's up Nokia!
26. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i'm getting the nokia 2520 it's convenient for me i hope the rt ecosystem grows though :/
27. dk2050 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
I use to think windows RT didnt make sense either until I saw Rt as simple and easy to use Chromebook competitor with much more versatility.
29. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I'm not invested in Windows at all but the price on the 2520 would really put it into consideration if I was in the market for a tablet.