Nokia Lumia 2520 U.K. ad takes shots at the Apple iPad Air
0. phoneArena 25 Nov 2013, 10:21 posted on
With so many tablets now available, including refreshed models of some slates like the Nexus 7 (2013) and the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Nokia needed a way to standout with its new Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet. So the Finnish based manufacturer created an ad that takes some shots at the new Apple iPad Air and Apple's recent ads for its full-sized tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. toiletcleaner (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
I didn't see anything good from the Nokia 2520, just the red color and the guy been a Ish eep
3. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I'll get a MacAir for meself and call it a day tyvm!
4. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
You couldn't pay me to get a Windows RT tablet.
5. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
So the huge amount of keyboard accessories for iPad, the iPad having the best battery life and still being thin and super light, having free office apps and if you want, third party office apps is worse? I'm not hating the Nokia 2520 but it seems like no company can make a good ad without trashing Apple.
9. brrunopt (Posts: 705; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
those keyboard are not really that great...
It doesn't have the best battery life, booth Lumia 2520 and Surface 2 have better
None of those apps come close to MS Office
12. sprockkets (Posts: 1581; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
BS. Ipad Air leads them all:
Office for WinRT or 8.1 is not touch optimized either. Touch optimized MS Office is available if you want, on ios and android.
15. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Blind Apple fanboy alert!
Don't you get it? Fact is, that Apple iWork is a toy compared to MS Office. Those who really work with Office, are using keyboard anyway. So what is your point here?
17. sprockkets (Posts: 1581; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"Blind Apple fanboy alert!"
Sorry buddy, don't like apple as a company, but I'm not blinded by fanboyism to acknoledge a simple fact that battery life on ios is very good, unlike I guess you.
"Don't you get it? Fact is, that Apple iWork is a toy compared to MS Office. Those who really work with Office, are using keyboard anyway. So what is your point here?"
A toy? Oh please. MS Office is great for those who really, really, need it in a professional setting. The vast majority don't fall into that category whatsoever and would be frustrated with how crappy it works as it is intended, in tablet form.
6. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
y nokia always use apple in ads??? I think this is pathetic
7. karll1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
remember mac guy and pc guy commercials? what goes around comes around. i don't sympathize with apple whenever i see these ads
11. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes it is pathetic too. I am not fan of any platform.. and using your rival in ads is not good bcuz you marketing your rival too
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This is the first add that put a Nokia Lumia device solely against a Apple device.. What are you talking about❔
20. Meccalangelo (Posts: 25; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
doesn't matter if it was used solely or not. They've used apple in their ads a few times.
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yes it does when the comment that I'm replying to is suggesting that Nokia is specifically targeting Apple products.. My reply is extremely relevant.. I don't say things to no reason. I used the word solely just incase someone, like you, tried to bring up the Lumia wedding, and recital, commercials, in which those targeted both Samsung, and Apple, products.. Those commercials are irrelevant to dudes point above.. Now, if you can show me another Nokia commercial that specifically targets Apple besides the ones mentioned in the article, and the ones I mentioned, then I stand to be corrected..❔❔❔
8. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Windows rt is so glitchy, it's not worth using one.
16. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Please, tell us more. What glitch you have seen? I bet you are just a troll and never even saw RT tablet.
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I haven't found any glitches.. What is he talking about❔
18. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
yeah u did buy the very wrong tablet..
19. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Did'nt Samsung already to the pencil thin "thing" in one of their ads.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
Looks like Apple is copying Sammy in all areas.....
"Rakim'll say, "Follow the leader!" Rakim'll say, "Follow the leader!" Rakim'll say, "Follow the leader!" Rakim'll say, "Follow the leader! Rakim'll say. Follow me !
23. Taters (Posts: 4777; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That is funny. Not a single Samsung fan brought that up or not a single news article. But because of that bs unfair lawsuit. Every single thing Samsung does is magnified as copying Apple, even the gold colour thing which Samsung has been doing for ages.
The power of stupid ifans at work.....it's quite laughable actually how easily they are fooled by some good PR tactics.
24. Taters (Posts: 4777; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Nokia is horrible at making ads. They pick all the wrong features to spotlight and just make themselves look desperate.