Nokia Lumia 1820, Samsung Galaxy S5 mini and Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom confirmed by case maker
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 13:14 posted on
Because case manufacturers need their products to snugly fit a phone or tablet, these companies are often fed information about an upcoming handset well before the device is unveiled. And that can lead to a treasure trove of information about unannounced models. For example, French case manufacturer Noreve has let the cat out of the bag for three devices, the Nokia Lumia 1820, the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LeBrownJames (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
Will S5 mini be the same as Z1 mini? hmmm...
3. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
No. It will be the same as original S4
8. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Nah I was joking. Just thought that it would be specs wise much weaker than S5, so maybe it could be about the same as S4, with little bit smaller screen? Just maybe.
10. LeBrownJames (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
Well judging by their history with the S4 mini it would surely be impossible. But who knows, Sony made that risky move so maybe Sammy would try it too.
11. buccob (Posts: 1409; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I think Samsung will stick to their game and keep S5 Mini specs like they have been doing wo S4 Mini.... relatively to what S5 was to S4 specwise.
Bump a little screen res, same Ram, bump camera... and maybe a bit bigger display...
4.3~4.5" 720p Screen. 1.5GB Ram, 13MP camera
And I think this would be enough to actually compete with Z1 Compact and iPhone 5s (maybe even the next 4.7" iPhone)
15. LeBrownJames (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
I think your guess is right. The screen would definitely be at that range. But I doubt it could match Z1 Compact and Iphone 5s in power. Samsung is now meddling on their hexa-core chipset and they say it would be used on their mid to upper mid range phones and I guess they would use hexa-core on S5 mini.
19. buccob (Posts: 1409; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yes I know that, but is there reeaaally a big difference on current processors when it comes to the average user and to the average usage?
When I get the change (and money) I will get the Z1 compact (or succesor) BUT that is because I basically exploit my smartphones...
But the average iPhone 5s user can get a similar experience in fluidity, speed, responsiveness, from a mid-high range Android today... (I am not talking about benchmarks)...
My point is that if the S5 Mini is priced at around $450... it would definitely hurt people considering the iPhone but not having over $600 to burn...
24. wildhammer (Posts: 32; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
I dont think it will be as good as the z1 compact.... Bt better than a mid ranger
39. GamasK (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
I think the s5 mini is going to hava similar spec as s5 zoom except for the camera
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
1820 woohoo. Another phablet from Nokia. Beast.
32. pepeo (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
if the leaked G750 is the GS5 mini, then i think they will release it with the same specs of the S5.
it was powered by a S800 and with a 1280x720 res screen
probably to compete wit z1 compact
or maybe it will be a mix of s5 with s4, like s5 chipset and s4 camera module
4. sergiobr (Posts: 416; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Another WP camera-centric, another bad move.
16. papss (unregistered)
Not at all.. It will be a beast.. Nice try
18. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
5.2 inch screen, 2K resolution, and a quad-core Snapdragon 805 CPU,3GB of RAM with 32GB of native storage and a 3400mAh battery and a lytro camera...and yet you say it is a camera centric phone..man if these rumors are true it will be the best smartphone in the history of smartphones!!!the best all round smartphone in the world..not to mention that wp 8,1 sounds just great
22. blattlaus (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
2K, 805 CPU, 3GB, 3400MaH- It might have a great camera, but all the HW specs are top notch, not just the camera.
5. Lt.Green (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
My pupils dilated when it saw 1820 in the title.
9. LeBrownJames (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
If only Nokia would make an Android phone combined with its monster camera from their Lumia series. That would surely get them back to their former glory days.
17. papss (unregistered)
If only fandroids would stop with this nonsense
20. LeBrownJames (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
And of course that's not going to happen because Microsoft won't allow it.
28. papss (unregistered)
12. pookiewood (Posts: 582; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
I must be living under a rock and I'm a huge WP fan. Today is the first time I've heard of this 1820. Bring it on Nokia! Come on April 2nd!
21. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Wtf... If the rumors are true then MS' WP has some serious catching up to do to nokia's hardware.
35. pookiewood (Posts: 582; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
People are always going to blame WP because well it's MS. Not sure what's so wrong with WP. It works just great. Not only that Win8.1 is about to be announced bringing more changes to the OS. It could be the most perfect OS that couldn't be surpassed and people would still say it sucks because well, MS made it. The MS hate is getting beyond old!
26. Astoni (Posts: 495; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
If only that lumia had Android xD, I don't feel like you really need a powerful handset to run WP at all and i don't really care for mobile games anymore.
31. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1829; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Oh I am so holding out now.. BRING IT NOKIA!!!!
33. jckc92 (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Hopefully the 5.2" is about on par with the size of the Icon...Truly hate big phones. If I needed something bigger it would be a tablet. Brother has Note 3 and it is way to big to carry IMO. If Nokia comes out with the 1820 and it is on Verizon I will sell my Maxx and go back to WP...
34. Moodi (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 May 2013)
The 1820 will be Nokia's next Beast, but i think i'm gonna stay with my 1520 for next two years or maybe three.
37. downphoenix (Posts: 2304; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I find it really strange that technical details of the phones like this are actually revealed to the case makers. Why are the companies not just releasing the desired dimensions and positioning of ports, cameras, etc. etc.?
38. gigaraga (Posts: 901; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I'm thinking of the S5 zoom and how sexy it is going to be with no protruding optical zoom 20MP lens
41. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1829; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Wpcentral says its not coming :-(.http://m.wpcentral.com/no-there-no-nokia-lumia-1820