Nokia Lumia 1520 to sport 3400mAh cell, will launch in November on AT&T
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 00:01 posted on
We are beginning to flush out some more details of the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet; new reports confirm the 20MP rear PureView snapper on the device which will take a dual shot consisting of a 16MP picture and the 5MP one for playing around with and sharing. At the risk of repeating ourselves, we'd be more than happy to repeat the rumored specs on the handset including the 6 inch screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
3400? BOOM!!! Game changer :-) bring it already NOKIA
32. noler (Posts: 258; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
+It will feature 4 microphones for Rich Audio Recording.
39. akki20892 (Posts: 3781; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this Nokia phablet going to be a superior.......!!! All features in one place. Great nokia. Make us proud of nokia fan.
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Here is external battery charger for Lumia 1520?? Check out this item I found on eBay:http://pages.ebay.com/link/?na
4. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1001; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
It just looks like a general mini USB charger to me. They just heard about the Lumia 1520 releasing and so by going off of previous Lumia specifications they were able to justify it as a Lumia 1520 charger. However, if the Lumia 1520 brought some new kind of charging input (sort of like Apple's lightning port) then I would reason to say that product would be taken down.
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Yea your right, indeed its just miniUSB
3. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1001; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Sounds good so far. Although just to point out while it does top the Note 3, the Note 3 also has a smaller screen. So, it may even out in battery life figures. However, that's still a great thing because the Note 3 lasts a long time on it's battery.
I just hope there's something that will really "WOW!" me. I don't want it just to be some enlarged Lumia handset. I want something new to go with it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not disappointed.
12. Penny (Posts: 1396; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Battery life for Windows Phone 8 is generally quite good, so I would expect it to probably exceed that of the Note 3. I usually go about a day and a half between charges on my Lumia 928 (with its 2000 mAh) battery, so I'd expect up to maybe 2.25 for this one.
14. DaHarder (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Agreed... I recently added a Lumia 928 to my smartphone arsenal and have been pleasantly surprised at the battery life of the device.
It easily exceeds both my iPhone 5 and Note 2, especially as it consumes almost no power while in stand-by mode.
Whatever Nokia/Microsoft is doing as far as OS + Device optimizations, They're Doing it Right!
I've long given up on AT&T but if/when the 1520 makes it to Verizon, I'll definitely be getting one - Windows Phone 8.x + Lumia Is Very Impressive.
17. Penny (Posts: 1396; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Nice. Depending on how recently you got your 928, battery life might actually improve. If you allow a few weeks of good charge cycles (charge to 100%, let it drain to 20%-ish), the device will continue calibrating and getting better with battery life. I started out at a day, then eventually the average came up to 1.5 (and even 2 for some days when I wasn't using the device all that much).
They're definitely doing some things right with the OS. I think they've put a lot of effort and emphasis into laying the groundwork for a highly optimized and expandable operating system, but they've consequently been somewhat frustratingly behind in current features and tricks. Either way, I think the potential is high -- I just hope they capitalize on it.
37. lalalaman (Posts: 530; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
now that depends on snapdragon 800,if it optimize well with 1520...also clear black display saves so much energy...nokia will be in win win situation....the point they realize even small improvements matter
30. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
920 doesn't survive half a day on average usage...so with this battery size it should at least survive one day..system is power hungry
35. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"Please SHUT off any wireless connections when not in use"
40. StreetNerd (Posts: 749; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
my 925 survive 1.5 half day on heavy usage =)
5. XaErO (Posts: 262; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Please correct the title heading !!
Lot of competition .. let's see how it stand in Market !!
7. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
But isn't that the render of the Nokia Sirius (RT) tablet??
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Haha.. yea it is a tablet, and not the phone. , facepalm @PA
13. Phaze0085 (Posts: 106; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I hope thats not an actual picture of the device cause that bezel is too thick my liking.
15. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Windows phone is selling better than iOS in another emerging market (Middle East).
jsessionid=1C35696016AF7759E60 F43FCEDAECFDF?containerId=prAE 24321013
2. BB (because of old BB7 devices. BB10 not selling well).
3. WP because of Lumia's.
24. taikucing (unregistered)
After seeing many powerful phones like Lumia 1020, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, is it still worth & reasonable to buy an iPhone?
20. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
You mean please? , and geez bro, how many apps do you actually used a day? I only use about 6....
21. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3492; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow, all said things are great and design is awesome but look at those thick bezels, looks like a tablet.
38. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3492; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, I read the news late as it's Nokia Sirius tablet but why PA has given this pic. here.
25. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
You do want a slim phone with a good camera 40MP will make thick as the 1020
26. gazmatic (Posts: 629; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Def getting this...
Nokia iz baws!
haha... Windows Phone will eat apple and their overpriced ifails
only izombies will buy them
WP will reach 10% faster now
Android is the only competition to WP
28. papss (unregistered)
I read on wpcentral that this thing is very thin and heavy. I like that combo actually.
29. JMartin22 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Nice battery. A shame it's a Windows phone.
31. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
6 inch and 3400mah is good but can they make it slim and ergonomic? I doubt so. Why? Because they haven't proven it from their previous lumia models. Great contender though.
42. tallpaulyall (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Why are they wasting their time with this great phone on a crap carrier like AT&T???
43. Ofentse (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
bring it on Nokia, ur loyal buddies and critics are waiting for this ;-)