Nokia Lumia 1520 specs, release date, price roundup: 6" WP phablet to come with 20 MP camera and 4 HAAC mics
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2013, 07:50 posted on
Nokia will be going all out with its first phablet, it seems, as leaked Lumia 1520 specs show that the company is throwing the kitchen sink of what it is capable to produce in mass quantities at the moment. It will be the best-equipped Windows Phone ever, and the one that will introduce the wonders of quad-core processors and Full HD displays to the platform for the first time. Let's recap what we've heard on the hush-hush so far about the Nokia Lumia 1520...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
The good thing is that I live in Abu Dhabi
8. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Im not joking I really live in abu dhabi
Well seeing u after a long time cow
9. mahsani (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 May 2011)
Me too, can you please tell me that where in Abu Dhabi this event is taking place?
71. mahsani (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 May 2011)
brother can you please tell me name of that place where is is going to take place in Abu Dhabi as I live very close to Sector 13 and I don't see there any area where such a Big event can take place, Also do we need any special invitation to go to the event or it is will be all allowed?
51. BabylonShine (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Feb 2013)
I live in Mosul In Iraq , we might be the first ppl who recieve the mobile from UAE after KSA and the rest of gulf countries
74. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Oh.. Blackberry has its own OS. Nokia also did Maemo and then Meego with Intel. Look where they are now. Samsung also has Tizen and I don't have hopes for it.
78. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Microsoft has already made its own OS.. It's called WP.. What are you talking about❔ Are you from earth❔
82. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I live in Arlington, Texas... Are you gonna buy the 1520❔
56. Faris.alamoudi (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
Where exactly if i want to search it in Google maps? I'm in Abu Dhabi too!
72. mahsani (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 May 2011)
Brother do tell me if you get the location...
13. NAWF_SIDE (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
LOL @ "the Lumia 520 the most powerful Windows Phone ever"
14. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
6 inch, FHD display, 3400 mAh battery, S800 quad core 2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 20.7 MP camera with OIS, 32 GB with SD card slot, all under a 8.7 mm (160g) thin chassis sounds like a perfect build to me...
18. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Yeah indeed. These specs gives this cutie really nice future proof. It will be a real pleasure to look videos with this thing. Not to mention some nice video recording with my GF, moaning added! :)
29. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
That 4 HAAC microphones might come in handy for you.. :D :P
32. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Yeah. They are certainly learning the trend quickly. I won't be surprised even if I see a Lumia 1020 Version 2.0 in a '925-like' slim/light-weight body. (This Finland company always has the habit of making it right the second time!)
36. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yep, 808 and 1020 is son and grandson of n8.
41. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Don't forget wireless charging and 4 mics
59. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
its ll be a heavy weight champion
just wait n watch
17. papss (unregistered)
That's pretty impressive if true. Looks amazing too
19. amasog (Posts: 307; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
Once you have this phone, make an article comparing its camera against the Xperia Z1's. Since both packs 20.7 MP cam, you can dub it:
NL1520's vs XZ1's CAMERA SHOOTOUT: 20/20
NL1520's vs XZ1's CAMERA SHOWDOWN: BATTLE OF THE 20s
1 vs 1520: JAPAN'S FINEST VS FINLAND'S GREATEST
Do it before other techsite does.
What do you think guys? Is my suggestion appealing? :D
21. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
And in the extremely unlikely chance the Z1 wins, the conclusion can simply be "20/20=1".
27. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'm Finnish but I hope Japan wins this one!
76. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
No hope for the Z1. Don't get me wrong because I love my Sony devices but nothing beats a Nokia super camera.
22. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
If Nokia employs some of the technology they used for the 1520 in an updated version of the 1020, I may just have to write into my will "Buy it and place it on my grave", because I'll have drooled myself to death. This phone is nothing short of amazing as far as phablets go, now I want to see it in a 1025!
23. taikucing (unregistered)
This is the Nokia I want.
Full HD, quad core snapdragon, 3400 mAh battery, good camera.
I hope windows phone OS will be better.
83. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Still doesn't have the apps I need though, that's the sad story for me. I would've keep using it
25. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
This phablet will easily beat Xperia Z1 in general except OS.
46. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
What do you mean by better OS? More Apps of better quality? More stability? Faster? More efficient use of resources (battery, etc.)? Easier to develop for? How are you measuring the better OS?
53. rd_nest (Posts: 1174; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Which WP phone has more batterylife than the Android flagships? Anyone to challenge the GN3 or G2 for batterylife??
60. papss (unregistered)
Dude don't try and lull that sh-t.. i have a note 3 and it's not far enough better than my 1020 when used heavily. You can look at a sheet all you want but I have real world testing done by ME.
26. drdaly (Posts: 40; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
All these specs plus the build quality known of Nokia this phaplet is gonna be awesome,
And agree with the comment above that says: Nokia should Update the L1020 not all people able to handle a 6" phone
30. saffant (Posts: 260; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Looks like an amazing beast of a phone!
It's too bad the OS is not at ALL to my liking. I've used this/iOS/BB10/Android/Symbian, and WP would probably be 2nd last on that list. Even BB10 is a lot more intuitive imho.
Android of course takes the cake though, and iOS follows shortly after (an iPhone with 5" screen would be epic tho!).
37. freebee269 (Posts: 531; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
my list would be android first then wp8 second. for every person like you that doesnt like wp8 there's someone that does. but in the end it only matters to you what you like, rest of us dont really care.
35. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Clearly it's covered in that all new amazing bright yellow aluminium nobody has ever heard of.
65. hmmm... (Posts: 70; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
The Nokia n8 comes in blue, yellow and orange aluminium body.
38. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Hey Daniel, you need to edit the article about the size. An actual image of a measurement of the device disproves the whole 152 mm height part (can't post links because I need to spam the comment section before it will let me - great rule there).
It's somewhere around 160-161 mm in height.
39. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
42. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Go to The Verge, check out the 1520 images, look at the one with a measure tape laid right on top of the device. It measures 160.5 mm from top to bottom. This other leak is completely off.