Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet priced officially at € 699.99, release date is in November
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2013, 06:44 posted on
Nokia's first phablet effort, the Lumia 1520, turned out to be a 6" slab, stuffed to the gills with top-shelf smartphone tech like a 20 MP PureView camera, 4 HAAC mics, and the groundbreaking Assertive Display technology, and now we have its official pricing from Europe...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. theminolaboy (Posts: 125; Member since: 18 May 2013)
then buy a Nexus 5.. No one is asking you to buy this if you dont want to.. My goodness..
3. papss (Posts: 3429; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
You are drunk.. you can't compare this beast to the N series. If that's the case we should compare it to the note series too
9. rd_nest (Posts: 606; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Beast? Just coz it has 6-inch screen? 1520 has almost same hardware components as Nexus (5 or whatever it's called). It will have a better camera sensor and mics. Does that make it double the price? Nope. Nokia is just ripping you off like Apple.
10. richardraji (Posts: 16; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
nokia isnt.. the price is worth it 4 HAAC mics ,1080p display assertive tech 3400mAH battery 20mp camera 6'' display dont even compare the nexus 5
16. papss (Posts: 3429; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
You forget bigger screen and battery. . But I'm sure it helped your case to leave that out. Take your Goggles off.
5. msa1988 (Posts: 407; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Good lord - that's almost a grand (USD) for this phone. I don't care how awesome a phone is; theres absolutely no justification paying that much.
6. iHamzaDev (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
That's out of contract, buddy. Phone cost to be produced, and profits are what keep a company alive. $749 isn't that bad for a phone. Go look on eBay as to what people are asking for certain devices. There 'are' justifications for paying that much. If you can afford to pay and want it, then one should pay. If not, look else where, simple as that.
13. msa1988 (Posts: 407; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Don't call me buddy. I'm not your friend.
$749 for a phone isn't that bad? Really? I can't think of any more expensive.
15. mousesports (Posts: 212; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
go to buy IPHONE robot !!!!! And then come back here and tell us about the price . DND GTFO !
19. msa1988 (Posts: 407; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I would never buy an iPhone - or any phone for that matter - at full retail. To each their own, but spending 600+ on a phone isn't for me. that's all I was trying to say.
25. iHamzaDev (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
I pay out of contract prices to avoid being on contract. It's a BIG money saver in the long run. Look it up, 'buddy.'
7. robin (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Apr 2010)
still i will wait for a lumia with following specs
5 inch screen
41 mp camera(lumia 1020)
full hd screen
& the same battery here.
May be the 1020 successor
12. taikucing (unregistered)
i'm waiting too.
Lumia 1520 is a beast.
Lumia 1520 with 41 MP Pureview is a monster.
23. Bernoulli (Posts: 1399; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Even at 90fps the optical image stabilization in the 1020 trumps sammys plastic
18. Beijendorf (Posts: 185; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
And here's where I'm curious. Judging from the earlier leak of 7 codenames I've made a list:
Orion = Asha 500
Pegasus = Asha 502
Lanai = Asha 503
Shorty = Lumia 525? (Earlier Shorty was a speakerphone)
Bandit = Lumia 1520
Sirius = Lumia 2520
Rivendell = ???
I wan't to know what that leaked unknown codename is for. Is it for the rumoured second smaller phablet with a 41 MP camera? Is it the full-aluminium chassis some regard as a fake? Is it the Lumia 929?
Come on Nokia, give us a clue!
22. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 491; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Maybe the 929 going Verizon. 5" and almost same as the bandit. Just cross your fingers.
28. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 99; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Android phone? maybe but there is only a small chance.
29. Beijendorf (Posts: 185; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
My best guess for Rivendell is the first Nokia with a light-field camera (Pelican Imaging, PiCam) with their 300 megapixel sensors. Possibly even higher megapixels, since the 300 megapixel version is almost a year old when Rivendell is due for release.
"Legolas, what do your elf eyes see?"
8. qiangshengchen (Posts: 23; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
1520 sale to the chinese about 820dollars
20. freebee269 (Posts: 496; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
if you watched nokia world they said it's 749 USD.
24. zuckerboy (Posts: 713; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
this phone will have at least 1000 $ price in my country
30. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I'm scared to see the price in Australia ...