Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet now tipped to be introduced on September 26th
Speculation has the phablet launching in November and it will be the first Windows Phone model to come with the GDR3 update that allows Windows Phone to support 1080 x 1920 FHD resolution screens, and a quad-core Snapdragon processor. Also rumored to be part of the GDR3 update is a Driving Mode that disables certain functions of the phone while you are driving and the phone is paired with the car's bluetooth radio. A rotation lock which freezes the orientation of the phone screen in portrait or landscape, will also be part of the update along with improved mutitasking capabilities and a revised homescreen.
The Nokia Lumia 1520 closes the specs gap with Android and it should be interesting to see if the GDR3 update marks the beginning of a surge in Windows Phone's popularity.
source: @evleaks via Pocketlint
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why on earth a midrange cheap budget scrap for...
The L1030 with Note3 specs....
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3082; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I did not write release 725 instead of 1520...i wrote release 725 along with it.
Your thoughts are throughly jumbled.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Where is the Teeken Avatar gone Nathan®
24. Goldeneye (Posts: 362; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
As long as this is offered by multicarriers then has a chance but if Nokia gave another stupid exclusive to at&t... Then screw this.
45. akki20892 (Posts: 3742; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this phablet will surprise us soon............!!!
2. papss (unregistered)
Seems interesting. Hope they bring something that can showcase the new power and size.
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Has my interest, keep it up with software parity improvements.
Wp has a new look on life after yesterday's announcement.
4. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Interesting.. I would like to see if this is going to be called Nokia Lumia or something else.
13. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Winkia,numia,surficia,8kia, Who cares about whats its going to be called,, it still will have nokias doing on it..just saying.. people see it as a deal breaker? Lol
31. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Can't be anything else until the acquisition goes through next year (presuming it does).
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Get rid of that Wp8 platform and use Jolla, Maeemo, Meego™
This won't sell well just like the Surface Pro and RT. Another big let down. There are immense Wp8
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You can customise it how ever you like, like Android™ the power and art of Linux Android®
20. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1061; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
sailfish is awesome lol you're blind it's more open then android and unlike tizen ubunutu touch and firefox os it's unique and doesn't have an android'esque feel
22. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1409; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Sailfish does look pretty cool, and it is going to be pretty powerful. The big problem will be the early budget hardware. I felt the same way about BB10, which has tons of cool features and lots of potential, but the hardware just didn't pass muster. Meego/Maemo/Harmattan were the same way, but the hardware stopped getting updated after the N9.
6. GeekMovement (Posts: 1799; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Sony and Nokia needs to bring their wonderful flagships to all of the carriers in the US!
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Sony is accepted by all 5 carriers, but NokiaWp8 never. They don't want to touch or no about that good for nothing platform, which is 3x restricted than iOS ™
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Yesssss sir...... good day to be a windows phone 8 fan.. :-) i honestly cant wait for this beast !! Bring it nokia !!!!!
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3082; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
All i ask of this beast is for a landscape mode...and it's all done.
21. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1373; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Is this the xperia z1 kill3r?not even close..while 1020 still crying in the corner let's see what the cat brought in(Ipn5s)just entered too..might be going to the the corner too.
26. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
In the leak photos, the 1520 next to the Z1? 1520 murderd it....sorry...lol
38. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Z1 still not released. Wait for the camera shootout buddy. Before you go crazy..
23. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1409; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
This handset is too big for me, personally. The Note II pushed it, but this is bigger than the Mega 6.3.
34. jellmoo (Posts: 756; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Do you mean the leaked photo? That was with the Z, not the Z1.
40. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Its a Z1,, the camera shutter. Button.....
44. jellmoo (Posts: 756; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
You know, I think you're right. Every site (including PA) has it labelled as the Z, but if you look closely it does appear to be the Z1.
I tip my hat to you good sir!
36. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
the 1520 have a 6 inch screen how on earth it's going to be bigger than the mega 6.3
43. noler (Posts: 214; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
It will not be bigger !
But the Z1 5 inch is bigger then g2 5.2 inch.
25. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Anybody knows when will the aluminium shell (PREVIOUSLY LEAKED PICTURES) phablet releasing? ....I am waiting for it...i guess that should be around 5 - 5.5 inch screen
35. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Werent you the guy, that posted that in WPcentral thread?? Lol
46. hunted (Posts: 374; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
I dont know what you are talking about? i am not in wpcentral and i dont know what it is. Sorry mate that should be someone else :)
30. darkvadervip (Posts: 356; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
First off the only major thing that holds back wp is lack if apps.
33. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
No, there's only a perceived lack. Compare all the non-cloned or redundant apps in all three major stores e.g. numerous fart apps, or weather apps that are just ports of major weather apps, etc.), and there's probably less than a 20K app difference.
There's only highly-specific apps that are missing, and those are being remedied daily. Want one made? Contact the developer of the app you want on a different platform, and they may make one for you. My financial institution had a nice Metro-ized version of their Android app within five weeks of my request, and it had more features than the android version as well (take picture of check to deposit, mobile transfer from the app, etc.)
39. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I agree, i'd say. What's instagrams problem man? I just don't understand these people. Having the best camera surely being eluded by this app.
32. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This absolutely needs to be launched on all carriers worldwide simultaneously, and take the wind from apple's first-week sales.
I have a Lumia 925 but this looks more compelling, with a larger all-polycarbonate body, larger screen, and improved camera.
42. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 261; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
that one might be the last smart phone released under Nokia's name...buy it, keep it, and cherish it forever
47. isprobi (Posts: 309; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Finally a Windows Phone worth buying for something other than the camera. But still missing Adobe Flash support and some apps I want. So I will most likely stick with BB10 as long as it lives then back to Android.