Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet gets sold a week before its launch
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2013, 12:15 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet isn't supposed to be released by AT&T until this coming Friday. In fact, we told you late Friday that AT&T had dropped the price of the device on its website to $99.99 on contract. The hero of our story is named Michelle and she lives or was visiting North Carolina and decided to visit the mall in Greensboro when she spotted an AT&T kiosk...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rihel_95 (Posts: 238; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Offtopic: hey PA, where is Nokia 515
review?? Its available in India.
14. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 629; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Thats how PA works, once a phone is available in India they review it..By your logic
15. rihel_95 (Posts: 238; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Na, i thought its available everywhere. I actually wanted to buy that phone, but not much review available on net.:-(
19. taikucing (unregistered)
Hey, why do you ask something that's not available in the US? Send that Nokia 515 from India to PA, they will review it for you.
2. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
I wouldn't pay $540 for it until more things are optimized for the specs and gdr3. windows phone needs home screen and it'll be perfect.
5. StreetNerd (Posts: 722; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
USD 540 is a steal... here we have to pay EUR 700 (= USD 945) for it -_-"
16. cezarepc (Posts: 608; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
If you're coming from an android/iOS device I wouldn't recommend a WP for you.
I've been on android ever since the OG Galaxy and just got a Lumia 925 two weeks ago to go with my data plan. It's perfect... as a basic smartphone and a camera. You can do basic tasks smoothly (calls, texts, web browsing, setting up your emails, watching vids, listening to music) but If you're into anything more than that you've got to think twice. Functionality is so far behind Android/iOS. If you're into gaming WP is a no go, there are only a handful of high-quality apps, and the overall app quality feels like they are 5 updates behind android/iOS. Even the FB app is...let's just say not as enjoyable to use as on iOS/Android.
But man the camera blows! My 925 will floor any other phone except the high-end lumia line, specially in low-light and indoor shots.
So having said that, I would recommend getting a WP (Lumia actually) if you want a camera that you can use anywhere, that's enough reason for me to grab it. But if you play a lot of games and are used to the myriad of things you can do on an iOS/Android device, better look at other options (Z1, G2, Note3, iP5s,Nexus5, etc)
17. Mittal (Posts: 443; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Ill agree with that dude... i was somehow of the opinion that Windows marketplace has few but good quality apps...that turned out to be false i guess
i gifted my wife a 520 and there are many software dissatisfactions... most of the experience is smooth as expected of a Windows device, but there are annoying ommissions which for a person migrating from Android can be irritating
1. Whats up with Whatsapp ? - The Whatsapp app is lagging too much
2. Facebook app looks and feels crude compared to a much better experience on Android
3. Windows users are victims of the fact that Google is not very kind to Microsoft. Laughable support for Google apps/services in WP8... poor Google contacts syncing capability.. poor GMaps ... Ridiculous Google search app.
I always thought of WP8 to be a well polished OS... butttt thats only on the top.. from within its very crude as of now
But yes the Modern UI is a treat for the eyes
3. papss (unregistered)
I love wp8 and at this price it's a steal. I wonder dimension wise how much bigger it is than my note 3
10. GoBears (Posts: 384; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I played with it in the store and it's very big. Much larger than my Note 2 with a cruzerlite case on it,
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
It's bigger. I help it next to the note.. It's like having a iPhone up to my 920.. It's also very f**kin@ thin.. Just as thin, and light, as the note. If you want the exact dimensions of both just look them up..
4. livyatan (Posts: 753; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Nothing can come close to the power of Android and S Pen
..but my trolling is really to introduce you with the great Coldfustion
7. Commentator (Posts: 2494; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Maybe he took the pictures with the phone itself.
11. spectrums (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Bug From This Os, Bomb Chaced Already Resolved?
12. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Hey I live there! I wonder if I can duplicate this feat.
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2866; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Whatever... but she's lucky enough to get the first 1520. I wish i could be in her place. :)