Nokia Lumia 1520 now just $99.99 on contract at AT&T
0. phoneArena 15 Nov 2013, 22:56 posted on
While the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet has been available for pre-orders for the last week, it looks like AT&T has slashed the price of the phablet before it has even been launched. The price of the device is now listed as $99.99 on AT&T with a signed two-year pact. Not bad for the a Windows Phone 8 device that brings specs that match up with any top-shelf Android phone, thanks to the GDR3 update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. Dr.Phil (Posts: 983; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I should note that according to SlickDeals this 50% off extends to other devices as well. It's a sale from AT&T's online store and lasts until around December 7th (though not officially announced when the sale will end). They are also offering the iPhone 5S at $100 and the LG G2 is now $50.
33. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Quality Phablet at a totally amazing price: Nokia's going out with style ;o)
2. boomboom (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Directly jumping to 6' is a bad move for nokia with that good specs. They should have gone with a 5' screen (self opinion)
4. blkjack (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
They have the Nokia 929 (5") phone coming out on Verizon soon that has the same specs as the 1520.
26. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
The new 929 doesn't come with that new assertive display though right?
9. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
no i disagree with you the 6inch is a good move enough small Nokia phones now there is something for everyone.
3. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1012; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
WTH??? You have a 6" phone for $100 on contract??? As a big man, this is something worth considering. Its really hard to move on from Android and the Note 3, but the 1520 has to be really good in order for me to do so
6. blkjack (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
As a person that really enjoys the WP platform, I'd say go for it, but knowing that you'd be coming from a Note 3, I'd say make sure the apps you want/love are available as either official or solid 3rd party ones. Also, no pen support if you're used to that. Not to mention much by way of Google-supported apps if you're really tied into that ecosystem.
7. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1012; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I meant to sat that I have the G Pro and i want to get the Note 3, but the 1520 looks promising. my family and I will have the Xbox One soon so that would be a reason to get the 1520. I like how smooth the OS is, but the customization of Android is what keeps me with them
I'll be able to see it at an AT&T store next week
23. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1586; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They are already on display in most AT&T stores.
18. ShahzadiRehman (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
what is this contact thing jeradiah3 will u plz tell me....????
5. Mrmark (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Wow so get a 1520 plus a 2520 all for 300 bucks
8. Netolic (Posts: 143; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Wow, just wow this deal is hard to ignore.. i expect nokia to have big sales over the holiday
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1582; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Awesome phone, just too big for me and I'm not that WP positive. But already a price drop?
29. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Its not about profit right now.. The long term plan is for Microkia to focus on awareness right now..
13. Joeke (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
What the heck. AT&T better refund me $100. Otherwise I'm just going to cancel my pre-order and rebuy the phone for $100 cheaper. This must be a mistake. Every person who pre-ordered before today is going to be seriously annoyed.
27. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Just call customer service when you get the phone. They may even credit you the 35.00 restocking fee.
14. Joeke (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
Note that it's still $200 on the Microsoft store.
15. Gemmol (Posts: 649; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I still think the microsoft deal is good for me, the reason I say that because I never bought a windows phone, so 70 dollars worth of credit is good to have to start me up, 40 dollar case is a good deal too, I do not care too much about the game, but its good starters way to get into windows. This deal on the other hand is a 100, which is beautiful, if I did not order on microsoft I would of got this already, if I was to get everything that I am getting with the microsoft bundle, it would cost 210 ($100 phone + $70 apps + $40 = $210), so I still save 10 dollars wanting the same thing
17. ShahzadiRehman (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
can u tell me about what this contract is ????? i mn why this is on contract ..???whats $100 CONTRACT???
19. ShahzadiRehman (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
CAN anybody tell me what is this ON CONTRACT thing....??????????
Obligation to pay more money later or what >>????????????
21. lalalaman (Posts: 516; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Its only in western countries, not like ur and mines asian countries
Here u pay $100(including operater fees) each month for 2 yrs to ur operater.this phones are operater locked and has logo of operater like u may have seen second hand mobiles with t-mobile logos
After 2 yrs the thing is urs and u will only have to pay for sim usage...though u can buy unlocked for $700 and put any sim u want, here u pay once....on contract deals are just money making but phone this big and costly at 100 $ is b8g deal
22. lalalaman (Posts: 516; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
$100 not including operater fee for call sms etx
20. Losdog25 (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 Aug 2009)
What a steal!! Come to Sprint please!! lol. I love Android, and after 4 years of using it I'm content but the 1520 is the first phone I would consider jumping back to Windows! Let's see what 8.1 offers. I see good things in the next year for Microsoft. Just keep building on the app store and pumping out devices like this!!
24. MobileMac (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I bought a Note 3 for my wife last night. I did look at the 1520 they had there. The phone and screen are absolutely gorgeous. It did seem just slightly to big for my pocket and the corners are sharp. Putting a case on it would really just make it too big. They should have made it with less bezel. However, I still have an upgrade and I will look at it again before I upgrade my phone. Perhaps a 5.5 in would have put it in the sweet spot!
25. papss (unregistered)
The great thing about nokia phones is that they don't really need a case..they are damn tough.
34. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Am I the only one that is disappointed about losing 16gb of internal storage? I would rather pay $200 for a 32gb model personally. About half of my 1020 is filled with apps which, in my experience, cannot be installed on a microSD. IDK if GDR3 fixed that problem, because the 1020 isn't expandable.
35. isprobi (Posts: 350; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I would consider this but there does not seem to be a PlayOn client for WP. And the last time I checked I did not see AT&T Live TV (not Uverse) app on WP either. That means I cannot get the live streaming news that I watch pretty much everyday. And I do not think this has a memory card slot or removable battery?