Nokia Lumia 1520 is here: first quad-core, Full HD, 20 MP Windows Phone flaunts record four mics
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 03:00 posted on
Move over, whimps, the Lumia 1520 is here! Nokia's long-anticipated first phablet just got official and looking at specs alone it might be considered the best one out there. All the good things we heard about it turned out real, and then some, but the handset also marks a watershed moment for Windows Phones, as it ushers them in the world of quad-cores and huge 1080p screens, which has been an Android domain so far. Let's recap what Nokia just unveiled...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 220; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
HURRAY its LG's IPS LCD panel with nokia's clearblack.. this is going too ROCK THE HELL ... woww ..... PERFECT...
Only god knows what is the real colour on Amoled Screeen !!! i know its differencee very very well.. its not small !!!!!!
2. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Wow! I think that covers it! Fingers crossed and waiting.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2106; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Seriously, it's been a looooooong time coming for Nokia to release something that's patworthy despite the OS that is improving too. This is the resolution, battery capacity, screen size/quality and camera to be featured in a top-end large phone nowadays, and albeit on the heavier side (very heavy side), it looks to be the only capable device to put up a fight against the Note 3. Hell, even the price tag is justified here, nothing is left out unless you are a fan of the sylus.
25. Gemmol (Posts: 492; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
1520 is the best there is no competition with windows light os and this chip there is nothing stopping this phone
33. Gemmol (Posts: 492; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I am on AT&T I will use my upgrade so I am not paying that.....sorry for others but this phone is mines...its already in AT&T system just waiting for the day to preorder
55. Bioload25 (Posts: 192; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Xperia Z Ultra is very good too (cameras apart,no comparison here),same SoC,better designed,screen is wondrous,IP55/58 certified,but bulky as a TV in your pocket
4. saffant (Posts: 211; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Looks incredible! I'd actually considering ditching my Note 3 for this IF it ran Android.
9. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 220; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
oww expected AMOLED panel But LCD we got .. is it IPS LCD ?
12. freebee269 (Posts: 518; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
18. Mittal (Posts: 427; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
i think this panel would be better than an AMOLED panel
WP UI offers only 2 background colors.. black n white.
With an AMOLED panel, people will be horrified at the thought of using the white background (which i prefer) that will eat up the battery in no time, whereas an LCD panel will be more usable
19. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 220; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
noo doubt mittal .
IPS always WIN !!
I have LG Smart TV IPS panel at home and S4 at home.. by looking at the colour we can understand which is real like colour !!!
Sonys display gives headace to me !!!
IPS Always win... Love LG ..
7. amats69 (Posts: 1007; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
So hard to decide now...this or the z1 mini or nexus 5....this is the first time i got interest on a windows phone..cant wait to hands on this
11. wando77 (Posts: 267; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I would be all over this if it ran android :-(
17. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 220; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Mee tooooooo !! but WP8 is developing... give them some more timee.. everything will be settle
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7683; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's been three years, how much longer can you wait?
28. Gemmol (Posts: 492; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
my wait is finish, show me where to preorder my baby
39. Jayzee (Posts: 22; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Even though that I'm an Android Fan. You should understand that Windows Phone 8 has a different kernel. So meaning some parts of the OS have been recoded/ redeveloped. Windows Phone 8 is only a year old now and I must say that they already had a Full HD Display. Our Android supports only the 1280x720 during the Gingerbread days. Whereas WP8 already supported it when it came out. Then there's this Full HD display WP 8 already had it a year later then Android took 2 years to have it. So yeah as an Android User, I must say that Windows Phone 8 develops/matures faster than out Android
50. freebee269 (Posts: 518; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
hasnt it really been 1 year? wp8 isnt the same as wp7 which is why you need 2 seperate apps for them. also, they launched a new store for wp8. i tend to think of it as wp7 was the trial period for windows phone and wp8 is what they are moving forward with for the future. so to me it's really only been a year.
30. Gemmol (Posts: 492; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
im sorry but my note have to go after seeing this, just think about this phone, it use a very light os so imagine what this chip can do for this phone
20. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1673; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I just bought the 1020..... Oh well.. Gonna pick this up as well... \m/
29. cc3493 (Posts: 154; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, got the 925 and im like :'(
Luckily its coming out next year, so i have more money from work after christmas and new years...
21. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
This phone is incredible!!!
1520 is a game changer!!
Well done Nokia!!
31. Gemmol (Posts: 492; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
its a life changer to, it have everything I need to switch from droid.....bye note
47. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
hahaha guarentee you will switch back in 6 months!!
56. SleepingOz (unregistered)
This guy has always been a Nokia fanboy.
22. taojj (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
This Smartphone will beat every phone that exist till date in terms of performance and its also priced better than those Overpriced HTC's and Samsung's. Good Job Nokia. Now that is called perfection.What a package? Excellent Camera, Mind Blowing Display, Best Available Processor, Large Size Battery, Every Connectivity Option and above all a brand that is one of the most reliable company ever. You name it they have it (Hardware) Wow. Tough time ahead for android devices as here comes the real competitor.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7683; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1520 is more expensive than the Note 3 lol. Mind blowing display? Note 3 and G2 take the cake. Note 3 and Droid Maxx have the longest battery life. Carrier exclusive = stupid move.
Like I've said before, Android and Apple have nothing to worry about. Same exact thing was said about the 1020, 925, 920, etc.
32. Gemmol (Posts: 492; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I would not put note 3 in the same sentence as the G2 for mind blowing display, if you like a phone lying to you about real colors thats fine, but I do not....the G2 is mind blowing but with the Lumia using ips this trumps note 3......note 3 have nothing on it beside a stylus.....lumia phone battery last longer, did you not see spec page 80 something hours for music playback on note 3 while 120 something hours on lumia 1520 and this phone use real colors, since windows use a light os where things run fast even on old chips this phone will be blazing fast, did you forget note need the 800 to keep it from lagging just like any other droid with more power it equal less lag, but windows do not lag even on low power so this phone with same power as note will be a monster performance wise.....I know you need to name reasons to love your note, so go ahead, I would not want to be the reason your sad at your purchase.....but man o man this lumia phone is a phone for the gods
35. maccess (Posts: 583; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
c'mon papa.. let those wp fan enjoy their time.. we know nothing could beats the note 3 at this moment as a phablet king.. nothing from android land.. let alone from wp.. they'll never become a threat..
51. freebee269 (Posts: 518; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
living in the u.s. the lumia 1520 will be 299. same as the note 3. not more expensive to me.
54. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Haha even when you look desperate and ridiculous you dont stop hating...
36. rizevnarastek (Posts: 328; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
NIce phone but... WP and no front facing stereo speakers?
40. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Why are you acting like front facing speakers are a norm? And did you expect it to be Android or something?
43. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
I need the stylus. Tips it in favour of Note3 for the title of no 1. The stylus is useful and essential for users of all ages . Who doesnt write sudden essential details ? NOTE 3 still the best.
44. AeroPrime (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I'm sorry guys. Lumia 1520 is not a phone or phablet to me. It is a masterpiece.
45. JDogg5281 (Posts: 56; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Its a nice phone but being on AT&T only....SMH Nokia needs to learn that if they ever want to not keep getting crushed by Samsung, Apple, LG, etc then they need to put their flagship phones on all of the Big 4 Carriers.
46. Ikechukwu (Posts: 134; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Oh Nokia! Just got the Z Ultra after my 920 gave me a bit of a scare and now this??? One day, I'll be pre ordering as you announce your phones :)
52. ZeroCide (Posts: 683; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
HELLLLOOOOOO SPRINT!!!!! ARE YOU SEEING THIS AMAZING PHONE!!! GET IT!!!!