Nokia Lumia 1520 gets certified in China
0. phoneArena 15 Sep 2013, 00:21 posted on
A familiar looking device was spotted at China’s Telecommunication Equipment Certification Center; this is the agency in the country that is equivalent to the FCC in the states,and the familiar device was the Nokia Lumia 1520. This is the first Windows Phone phablet and is expected to be unveiled on September 26th. According to a new tweet from evleaks, the launch date for the Nokia Lumia 1520 has been pushed back to October 22nd...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mega20913 (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
The way the tiles are set up dont look as bad or as messy as seen in other pics. .looks nice
23. volcano (Posts: 254; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
startscreen can be organized the way you want you decide how it look ... you can pin unpin choose default tiles color, tiles size, which tiles/apps should be on top ..... etc
2. Kurai (unregistered)
And everyone is saying that Xperia z ultra has a huge bezel . . . just look at that, square miles of bezel . . .
3. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
@kurai you are funny..stop. look,browse and read my dear dont be freakin ignorant.. Z1 has more bezel than bandit.
6. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 781; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Also hope it is water and dust proof...
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The photo frame has more bezels than Xperia Z1 and Lumia 1520, you guys can bash the photo frame if you want to. Enough with the bezel argument already, those who want a bezelless phone get the LG G2. What's the point of arguing about bezels? The bezels won't magically disappear, it's still there!
Those who complain about the bezels on the Z1 is an idiot, don't you know that water-resistant/waterproof phones must have bezels? The S4 Active failed on the water test is because of the less bezels.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8282; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Seems to me you've been holding that in for awhile. Relax, I'll let you ride my Ferrari as soon as I park it on the bezels of the Z1 lol.
30. Jehovah (Posts: 68; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
I try to understand this wierd fixation about bezels... Seens too me like one of the least important aspects of phone. But, then again, I praise construction and camera above all other aspects and I am sure it clouds my judgement as well.
36. papss (unregistered)
I don't mind bezel (good thing since I like Nokia phones lol) but what I do hate on screens is when it's off you can see lines in the screen like circuits or something.. My n4 had them and it drove me nuts.
34. akki20892 (Posts: 3441; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Well said dude. Everybody give some claps
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3441; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Bezel looking huge because side of live tiles they leave some black space on screen, but when u see white background u will notice smaller bezel.
28. akki20892 (Posts: 3441; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
And also this phone dimension is 160x76
46. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Don't tell me u confused the entire area "under" the tiles as bezel. The bezel is only half the thickness you thought it was. Look close! Clearblack is definitely the winner here.. LOL!!
4. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
so much of Bezel???
and just 3400 mah battery??
it should be 3800
again stupid thing
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8282; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Do you always have something to complain about?
12. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
A 3800 battery?!
Why not 3850?!
I want my phone to last 3 days without charging!
16. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
after the 3,300 battery. At least somebody increased the size. Still there is something to complain. what a dope!!
24. volcano (Posts: 254; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
lumia 1520 battery = 3400
galaxy note 3 battery = 3200
48. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Another example of how you can be deceived by the clear-black display!
17. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Sure he'll buy. He is uzumaki naruto. You don't know him? LOL
19. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1139; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
lol i thought he's busy saving the world from the juubi
21. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Nah, he's just busy at the moment. Still waiting for the bandit to be released.. haha
29. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
what about sasuke, do you gonna buy one for him too?
42. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
After the bandit and ur done with the juubi, You better freakin choose hinata over sakura in the end...
44. Naruto_Uzumaki (Posts: 18; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
I wish the same thing
It depends on Mr. Kishimoto
10. Amir1 (Posts: 262; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
let's say the hardware will be great, amazing. still, most people if not all will not buy this phone cause it runs Windows os (and i will add, typical nokia ugly design) = nokia failed.
nokia, face reality, people either choose android or ios.
25. Gwapoko (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Like what Samsung did with their galaxy series?
26. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
NOKIA UGLY DESIGN? Are you out of your mind or just dont know what design really means?
31. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1083; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Why don't you face the fact that Not everybody is buying Android or Iphone
smartphones. Windows smart phones are gaining new Owners everyday. Windows 8 is only 15 months old, New smart phone functions and Apps
are coming to this platform to make it as good as any smart phone out there.
Windows smart are going to be around a long long time especially since Microsoft has it's own smart phone company now since it purchased Nokia's
32. -box- (Posts: 3789; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Windows 8/WP8 came out in September and October last year, of memory serves. They're not even a year old yet (in terms of being on sale).
37. papss (unregistered)
Weird another new member that has zero need to comment other than trolling.. Do yourself a favor and delete your account.
11. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Zeiss* Optics w/o the Carl. ;)
Typical Alan F. articles.
18. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
As far as i know. The branding Carl Zeiss was changed to Zeiss now because the company Zeiss wants the branding off all thier product be uniform. That's what i have learned.. :)
35. MistB (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Alan F favorite quote: ".....battery keeps the lights on"