Nokia Lumia 1520 appears at the FCC, possibly headed to AT&T
0. phoneArena 30 Sep 2013, 09:13 posted on
Not long ago, the Nokia Lumia 1520 for Verizon was spotted at the FCC, and now, we have come across what looks like a couple of variants of that same smartphone, but tailored for use on another carrier. They are listed under the model names RM-938 and RM-940. What's the difference between these Nokia Lumia 1520 variants, you ask? Well, according to the FCC filing, the latter comes with built-in wireless charging capabilities, while the former needs a separate case in order to charge wirelessly...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3514; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
If I were to EVER jump on the WP bandwagon, THIS would be the phone I would get.
It's such a nice phone. Too bad about the OS though. WP 8 to me is better than iOS 7 in my opinion.
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
As much as I love WP for what it is, I do hope we get a much more feature rich and equally quick and fluid WP next year. Perhaps, if MSFT isn't getting too much market share in US, it may actually try promoting WP devices in countries like India, China, etc by providing freebies (ex: a free w/l charger w/ a Lumia 925), etc. I love this device personally but the focus on American market is getting too much. We don't even have the 1020 yet.
5. akki20892 (Posts: 2639; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this is highlander device from nokia. best looking, tougher, great camera, faster, smooth, unique, colorful, and powerful AND of course it's a "NOKIA"
9. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 932; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I agree. I like the Lumia 1520, but I dont trust Windows Phone yet.
3. Pdubb (Posts: 236; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
I want this phone. After the og Note this is thw only phablet for me.
4. 7thspaceman (Posts: 896; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
the windows 8 smart phones will really mature the Microsoft Windows 8.1 blue update.
this update will bring some new feature functions to this smart phone line. as a windows smart
phone I want this because these new features make this This smart OS more muture.
6. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Wonder whether we'll see that hover to zoom feature or whether it'll be one of the first phones to feature Cortana when the jump to WP Blue becomes inevitable. Afterall, the SD 800 guarantees it's future proof credentials.
7. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
This will be the phone that everyone will want over Christmas. The reviews are going to be great.
Windows phones need to be 6inch minimum.
8. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
New StoryTeller app to be introduced with the Nokia Lumia 1520 (looks great)
10. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Is the final screen size defo 6 inches because pocketnow are speculating otherwise. I don't particularly like or trust pocketnow, they always doubt everything, even when a leak is crystal clear.
12. papss (Posts: 3376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Here's where things get tricky.. Early word had a Verizon variant with a 5 something inch screen and the att version had a 6 inch screen so who knows
11. MojoDojo (Posts: 79; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I think this device will have really thin bezels. Dimensions are 152 x 81 with a 6 inch display. Galaxy note 3 is 151 x 79 with a 5,7 inch display..
13. Qwerty-keyboard (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
don't mention plastic phone here like Samsung note 3
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2862; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Looks like my next phone is about to be here❕.... The assembly lines are moving as we speak..