Nokia Lumia 1020 unveiled with 41 MP sensor, OIS and lossless zoom
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 10:08 posted on
Breathtaking 41 MP BSI 1/1.2" sensor, 3x lossless zoom (up to 6x for HD video), six-elements lens with ZEISS optics, OIS suspension for shake-free videos and blur-free low-light photos. Add to those a powerful Xenon flash and an LED light for video recording, and you easily get the best cameraphone on the market...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Best of nokia!! Nokia FTW!! Galaxy s4 zoom.. Gtfo
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
ftw for sure not...... but Android should use this camera definitely!
btw, Nokia is evil like Microsoft so will never buy it :)
58. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
'we' regarding nokia fans + people who really owned, liked, experienced WP from nokia devices without any bias
45. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Hope Nokia will never go androlag.
Explain me one thing. You're bitc^ about Nokia so hard so why are you tearning for its camera? Your samesung has nothing to offer?
51. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hhahaha it has androifd to offer my friend......android is the most advanced OS in the world. Period.
59. ZeroCide (Posts: 748; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
63. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
is that why Samsung is leaving android slowly and going to tizen
most advanced in the world the ui isn't simple there's nothing advanced about it you can call it the most complex in the world that works better also
why is the most advanced OS in the world a center where developers lose money and waste time
conclusion go go nokia best of luck to you with your new beast !
65. x_maly_x (Posts: 72; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Android is not a system...this Prehistoric overlay of java, on Linux kernel....has always been and will laggy...
66. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
don´t push with this friend:)
it is android but it´s an advantage for you. For me, it´s a disadvantage.
71. Dastrix (unregistered)
What a lame argument. That's total opinion mate.
32. juandante (Posts: 460; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Mr Flop no more Nokia, until this guys is fired.
29. johnbg92 (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Feb 2011)
It's just sad to see that a year later nokia is just releasing a new camera with the same phone... albeit an amazing camera
25. Commentator (Posts: 3369; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
"Exclusively from AT&T" is a big NAH. Windows + AT&T, how much more evil can you get?
In a world where Samsung, HTC, and even Apple are pushing their devices across all carriers it's a little disheartening to see exclusivity continue.
3. papss (unregistered)
I still don't see a price.. I'm still not sure which color to get either
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
"AT&T* and Nokia announced today the Nokia Lumia 1020 featuring breakthrough PureView camera technology. Available exclusively from AT&T beginning July 26, the Lumia 1020 is priced at $299.99 with a two-year agreement and comes in matte black, matte white and matte yellow. Customers excited to reserve theirs can pre-order beginning July 16 at."
The absolute retards... $300 on 2yrs for 2011 specs and a nice image sensor????
9. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Where are you getting 2011 specs from? S4+, HD AMOLED and 2 GB RAM = Galaxy S3.
17. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It has an old dual core CPU, 1gigs of ram and Adreno 225, I mean the midrange SD400 blows it out of the water and Nokia charges an extra $100 compared to the current crop of flagships sporting SD600/800, Adreno 320/330, 2GBs of RAM, ~3000mAh battery, 5" FHD screen, microSD slit, IEEE 802.11ac all in a slim design. That's insane. I love a good camera, but that's just ridiculous. I'm not hatin', I looked forward to this. The 2000mAh battery is a reason alone to pass on it, even for $450 retail, but it looks to land for $700.
20. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Bone, I don't know how retard you can go.
28. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Of course you don't, cause you're retarded... nah joking. I jut have nothing intelligent to say to you.
34. muhsen (Posts: 278; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
s4+ is old dual core cpu ???? its 10 times better than the s400 found in the s4 mini/zoom and mega 6.3
and if the s4 zoom has a price of 500-600$ price then what would u expect from this supercamera ??hd + is and 2gb is 2011???? it seems u r from another world !!
42. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It's not about ridicolous cpu race only refirement and evolution
Play your andro lag phone and stay away from Nokia's related topics
14. Carlitos (Posts: 453; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Besides a better camera I think $300 is a steep price! And it does have 2011 specs. They could have at least increased the battery which is a real bummer.
54. Commentator (Posts: 3369; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
2012 specs, Carlitos. I don't think there were too many S4 Pro devices around with 2GB RAM and 768p screens in 2011.
4. jckc92 (Posts: 27; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I have the 928 and was waiting for this phone. But besides the camera it has the same battery and storage! Can't see changing phones just for the camera. C'mon Nokia, add a bigger battery, more memory, and something to WOW us...
8. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm hoping that next year or even this holiday season, there will be a new EOS with even better specs (bigger screen, maybe a Snapdragon 800) on both Verizon and AT&T. At the very least the 920/928 replacement should be on both carriers this fall. Verizon has done Nokia a lot of good the way it's pushed the 928.
56. lovefist (unregistered)
Yep. I was looking forward for any mid range announcements but since its just a phone with a great camera.. Hohumm.
I buy phones for productivity and communcation not taking pictures and playing around with camera settings. Those I just consider as bonuses.
5. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Go windows! Go Nokia!! :D
Bye bye Android ;)
7. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
LOL you think android is gonna lose to that brick :D c'mon get real
18. Rorschach (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Until the folks at Windows do their part and improve the OS, it will not come close to the likes of Andriod and iOS
10. papss (unregistered)
Hmm I'm not paying 300 on contract for this phone.
11. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Man....they just had to go and take a really nice phone....and kill all its attractiveness by putting windows on it. Poor thing....
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's a freakin' awesome phone, good job Nokia!
16. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
They surprised me with the 2 GB RAM. They really crammed as much into the phone as they could within the processor & screen limitations MS dictated.
13. papss (unregistered)
Maybe I should sell my N4 to pick this up?
55. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Thanks for sharing your economic queries with us all.....
15. sonisoe (Posts: 397; Member since: 06 May 2009)
sadly, this excellent camera isnt gonna make a lot of people switch..hopefuly am wrong, i do wanna see nokia succeed given their artistry in hardware design & engineering incl. this fantastic camera and software development (nokia map etc)...
19. BattleBrat (Posts: 1316; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Dammit, they know I'm a sucker for Zeiss glass. IT BETTER make it to Verizon or Tmo....
21. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Sure, after AT&T's 6 month exclusivity period. :(
24. snowgator (Posts: 3501; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Camera first, phone/multi-media device second and third. This is aimed at a very particular market. I can see it being a success, but it is a bit of a gamble. Can't make it in the industry without a gamble or two. The first Galaxy Note was released with lessers specs as well until it proved to be a hit. Now it is all shades of premium with copy cats galore. This has that potential.
It could also be a huge, stinky bomb. We watch and wait......
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
when it comes to WP devices this is clearly the one to have by a long shot.
68. Jiin- (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Oh, it'll take some long shots. ALL KINDS OF SHOTS.
27. Penny (Posts: 1614; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Apparently, the inclusion of a BSI sensor is pretty important as well as the 808 Pureview did not have BSI. Images should be great from this phone.
31. vslayer (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
now phonearena i dare you to compare all of the smartphone camera today..... :) im tired of saying that iphone 5 , gs4 is much better photos
33. kozza3 (Posts: 671; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
they should have made it thicker with a huge battery, obviously people are going to buy this because of the camera and not the form-factor
i don't understand the designers these days
36. timukh (Posts: 286; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Super awesome camera, great new features but sadly no improvements in the hardware other than the 2GB of RAM. And with the july availability it seems that Nokia was ready with this device for quite a long time so they did the mass production already and maybe they were waiting for microsoft to release 1080p and quad core support sooner so that they could incorporate it. But sadly the two most important features still seems missing and till MS releases that there will already be an android phone with even higher resolutions!
Oh MS! What can I say more. $299 is obviously a NO! May be $199 was still considerable.
37. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
"WOW 41MP BSI Sensor" Nokia you got me confused to choose.
if Honami disappointing Lumia 1020 + Xperia ZR will be my last option
38. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 400; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
"Answering everyone's prayers..."
Doesn't run Android. Prayers not answered.
57. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 400; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
LOL Well hello Mr. Pot, I'm Mr. Kettle.....
40. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ok 2 questions first y call it 41MP when the sensor itself says 38. 2nd what's the zoom ?
52. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 171; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Think of the full 41MP sensor as a circle. If you draw a square (4:3) or a rectangle (16:9) inside the circle, there are parts of the circle that are not used which results to the lower resolution. The below is an example of the Nokia N9 sensor of 8.7MP. You can see the principle which I explained in the image.