Nokia Lumia 1020 price cut to $200
But Nokia is also throwing in a free camera grip. This is a $79 value, but also offers a two-step shutter button that makes it easier to focus. In addition, the camera grip is embedded with a 1020mAh battery to help extend the battery life of the phone by about 50%. The grip also makes the phone feel more like a camera when you're taking pictures with it attached.
If you've been giving deep thought to picking up the Nokia Lumia 1020, now's the time. The price cut, by the way, is permanent. This should help the Nokia Lumia 1020 better compete in the camera-centric niche of the smartphone market that includes models like the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, the just announced Sony Xperia Z1 and the upcoming Oppo N1.
1. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have the camera grip and its been invaluable while taking pictures.
14. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Is it easy to carry around? How good is the battery life with it? Is it just a gimmicky add on? Sorry for bombarding you with questions!
15. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
No hard to carry around at all and fits fine in my pocket. With the extra battery it held up all day at Disney with taking hundreds of photos. Without the camera grip battery could be better though..
3. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
more like the undercover trojan horse from micro freakin soft FLOP aka stephen elop killed it
4. Shatter (Posts: 1658; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The trojan horse is not real and the Lumia 1020 is. Major difference there. Nokia has doomed themselves by siding with microsoft, they will never be successful.
21. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 182; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
The Trojan horse was real , before FLOP joined Nokia , Nokia was heading the android way but when he joined and asked for opinions most of them said android but he disagreed with them and say windows phone, after that he killed every OS Nokia have made such as Maemo , MeeGo , Symbian and Meltemi , and Nokia was working on a tablet that was going to run on Linux based OS but he stopped everything, you know that Flop before he joined Nokia he was an EX Microsoft employee and I think he's the one who is responsible for the downfall of Nokia , if Nokia chose android they could have been dominating the android market with killer hardware , sexy/solid design and build quality , top notch camera and top notch specs .
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2704; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
With a partner like M$, Nokia never needed any enemy. QED
11. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
It aint android bro, its apple. They completely changed the landscape of cellular phones since they arrived. There was a time when nokia's best phone was the best phone in the world. Apple changed that.
17. roscuthiii (Posts: 1602; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Apple's done wonderful things to push the mobile phone/smartphone industry forward, but credit where it's due: Nokia was a... wait, no, not simply "a" but "THE" world smartphone leader; Apple has never had the world market share to itself. It's been Android handsets that have ultimately replaced Nokia handsets.
30. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
What i meant was they changed the perception that Nokia's best phone is the best in the world. No matter how good or bad your mid or low end phones are, a companies popularity depends on their flagship. The N96 just couldnt compete with Apples flagship and that changed people's perception about Nokia. Then android took over the mid n low end that time. Nokia had a plan B, they were just too late in implementation.
18. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 182; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Elop killed Nokia not android , Lumia sales were growing 1 million every quarter
23. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 910; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Nokia isn't dead at all; only the handset division is gone, sold to Microsoft. Nokia is now a pure-play networking company, just like Ericson. Good times ahead...
34. joey_sfb (Posts: 1481; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yep, m$ ripped out Nokia's guts and say I doing you a favour, now be gone and die some place else.
5. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Oh stop.. That shouldn't change things and if you are mad about this transaction how do you feel about moto/google? It's not any different other than company names and fanboys.
8. RobotMan (Posts: 119; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Big difference, one is to take over and another one is to safe moto and android.
10. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Keep telling yourself that.. Moto has sucked since the buy. If you say otherwise you clearly are blind to one side.
12. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I disagree papss. Moto lacked marketing and distribution outside the US. The Atrix and Milestones were amazing products. Go further back and remember the RAZR. Go even further back and have you the ROTOMOTO!
20. RobotMan (Posts: 119; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Google bought moto not to make phone but for the patent . I think you know all this but still try to mislead people.
29. Leo_MC (Posts: 371; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
What makes you think MS had something else in mind?
6. AfterShock (Posts: 530; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I don't mind having a decent camera handy, but my preference is phone first camera second.
7. clevername (Posts: 1379; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
So the price cut is permanent, but what about the free camera grip? Is that a limited time promo?
9. fanboy1974 (Posts: 826; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Just like I thought; no one wants to buy a camera phone.
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 678; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
EVERYONE wants to buy a camera phone❗❗ Are you nutz❔
25. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1057; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Everyone wants a good camera phone...one that takes amazing photos. At the first click. And not after a couple of shots,
27. torgrim (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I want a camera phone! NOW!!! (But have to wait until Lumia 1020 is released in Europe)
31. Cod3rror (Posts: 46; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
No one wants to buy a compromised, second best camera phone.
Phone enthusiasts buy cameraphones. And all phone enthusiasts know that 1020 is not the best cameraphone out there, 808 PureView is.
If 1020 actually beat 808 and did not have a smaller sensor, no ND filtre and lots of other things missing. Then it would sell a lot more!
33. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
It also was on a dead platform that would get no support.. Not to mention it adds many things not possible on the 808 ei better low light and much better IOS and much more user friendly pro cam app but you can continue to cry that over and over.. Point being this camera beats anything out currently with far more features than any android...many lacking key features that allow them to compete (note 3 missing IOS is a huge let down, Sony can't get past the G2 in terms of quality)
35. steelicon (Posts: 302; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
You are totally missing the point. SURPASS OR EVEN MATCH the PureView Pro on optics AND functionality and you have a sale. Period.
13. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Inevitable. $300 was too high. $200 is fine for this device ATM. This is an amazing device marred by pricing and fierce competition.
19. Deaconclgi (Posts: 88; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It doesn't match the price of the 32GB iPhone and 32GB Galaxy S4. What iPhone and Android models is it matching because I believe it is exceeding the iPhone and Android models in features for the same price.
22. sprockkets (Posts: 669; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
So they discounted it already after about a month. The only reason for that is, no one is buying it. Free camera grip? I'm sure that $80 grip costs Nokia $5, if that.
As the song goes, "Goodbye! Nice to know you!"
24. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1057; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Why people asking about an android lumia phone....?? If this happend. It will just become another. Android phone..................which there is already countless phones available..... and $200? Hmmm tempting... but I'll wait for the 1520 \m/
32. papss (Posts: 2184; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Just read some good additions to gdr3 update posted by a user from India.. Will have orientation lock and an "x" to close out multiple screens.