Nokia Lumia 1020: official samples from the 41-megapixel camera
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 11:10 posted on
The first official camera samples from the amazing 41-megapixel camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020 are out and they are just mind-blowing…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. hung2900 (Posts: 872; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Yes, from the live stream video, at the time the woman shot those flowers, I can be sure that the color is continuing toyish like other Lumias
16. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I agree. Normally, I don't care or use smartphone camera's, but these pictures are amazing.
Though, it makes me wonder if it's has durable has the 920 or if the new camera sensor makes it more vulnerable to damage?
43. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1122; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i highly doubt it as the 808 pureview was pretty durable i don;t see why this should be an exception as it is an upgrade from the 808 also the sensor is protected and probably insulated so it should be good ^_^
4. aayupanday (Posts: 548; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Night shots have minimal noise and great detail..
Competitors DooMed !
7. sorcio46 (Posts: 420; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Like if the camera is the most important part in a smartphone, SGS4 (or even HTC One or LG O2) has a worse camera (maybe?) but for sure in everything else wins hands down against this rebranded Lumia 920 ;-)
If I want to take awesome pictures my reflex is made for that, if you are buying that phone (there no others updates from the old device) ONLY for the camera, than you should consider a real camera cause the Lumia 925 or the Lumia 920 are very close in everything else to their new rebrand
11. jlp34876 (Posts: 80; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Lumia 920 is not even close to the 1020 i dont know what pics you're looking right now.
26. sorcio46 (Posts: 420; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
In everything else is exactly the same device
67. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Actually it's more like the 925: AMOLED screen, thinner, improves battery management, etc. Only resemblance to the 920 is the color palette.
5. smallworld (Posts: 453; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I still prefer a phone that is excellent everywhere rather than a good camera in a bad smartphone.
8. jlp34876 (Posts: 80; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Well they are not a bad smartphone, they will still do the job but not in terms of androids/ios do.
14. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Just so you know, Lumia 920 was as fast as S4 in a video comparison I saw on YT. You can search it i'm pretty sure there are many. S4 was faster in half the things and 920 faster in others.
The only thing holding this phone back is a 1080 display.
18. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
not as big as a quad core a15 vs dual core krait.
19. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
A difference many can't see barring a magnifying apparatus.
22. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Just 6 months ago when everyone had 720p phones almost everybody was calling 1080p overkill for a smartphone and a waste of processing power.
64. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
1080p is overkill for the majority of the population. I'd say less than 1% of phone users couldn't give a flying fart about high end specs, but it's that 1% that manufacturers rely on to turn a profit each quarter.
74. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
its actually 768p (332 ppi wich is best for a phone) also it has dual s4 pro and adreno 225 while s4 has dual quad(exynos 5) or quad (s600 or s800) and adreno 320 wich is 3x better than 225 also multitasking sucks because of the stupid invincible apps that revive after a moment and end up consuming ram,performance and battery
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
thing is it's actually a pretty decent smartphone too, you just have to like WP.
a lot of people at my work like WP and they're pretty excited about this.
68. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Um, it IS excellent everywhere.
Congratulations, you are now a future Lumia 1020 owner
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Uoh jeez they even have a name for people like you now....
20. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
This is actually the name of a brand of boots Nokia used to make.
69. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I prefer Winner (from WINdows Phone). What do Android users call themselves? Robots? Drones? Androiders..?
10. Starscream9 (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Camera? who needs that when we have Lumia 1020!
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Amazing! These pictures took my breath away. Good job, Nokia!
21. splus (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I can't stand WP, I find it horrible to use.
BUT these photos! OMG, just look at those photos!!! They're stunning even when fully zoomed in! I wanna get this phone just for the camera...
58. ianbbaa (Posts: 296; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
...i believe a lot of people will consider N1020 because of its camera...so WP numbers, relevance and interest is (will) grooving rapidly.
Days when people got iPhone because of quality lens are gone...
look at the pic11, have you ever seen a bit of "bokeh" in any other phone camera??? Even some of the small compacts are not able to do this...
I have DSLR, but not taking everywhere with me...this might be a good companion to it - you know, portability. I do not carry my bag with heavy DSLR body with 2-3 lenses everywhere.
24. Troysyx (Posts: 159; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I hope Nokia knows that its losing so many potential customers. I would buy this phone in a heartbeat with such an amazing camera, that thing is ridiculous! However, i will never buy a windows phone.
45. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
IKR! I would love to have this camera, but I'm not going to a Windows Phone. At least not in the foreseeable future anyways. Really nice work!
29. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
speechles...it won't be worse than 808 which left competition in dust
if it's better, and it is, Nokia haters will be salivating in silence toying their androlags.
Wait for more pics and videos made by owners
31. kobainez (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Still gt honami. Can't claim 1020 king yet. Wait for honami to release first and don't reply me like an angry nokia fan
33. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
do I? You're waiting for honami. I've already got my treasure. And be honest. If honami come close to this monster it will be impressive. But only a bit. remember that Nokia developed this tech for a mobile phone, didn't take a camera and change it into a smartphone.
38. kobainez (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
If 1020 is better than honami when honami officially comes out I will admit that nokia is the king of smartphone camera. I just need to wait for both to come out first to make a judgement
72. kobainez (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
1516/ecqw.jpgThis is Xperia Z camera using honami leaked camera software algorithym. Remember that Xperia Z uses inferior sensor compared to honami so honami should be better than this
34. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Everything is same
Except camera and updated 2gb ram
No full hd display(fhd could have been a vast improvement)
No card slot
Not slim(not a major problem)
Again same design(could have changed atleast design)
Same old processor
Same old version of windows
and last price 300?? On contract??
Lumia 920 is available for 449 off contract
37. sorcio46 (Posts: 420; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
That's the point!
#NokiaEpicFail when you can take the Lumia 920 for 300+€ LESS!
Maybe in the future they will do only cameras that can do calls and sms
39. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
adding just few extra bucks will make 920 that also without contract
And atlast everything is same
Software or hardware
we need more than a camera
52. Jay2ice (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
If you need more than a camera go get yourself an S4 cause you seem to be so green with envy repeating yourself in every post. Just maybe your Android is missing out something and you're so afraid to admit it.
And for your information 920 does not have lossless zoom. This is the amalgamation of 920 and 808 pureview; the perfect camera ever made on a phone.
53. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I want wp to act same like android
Then its 10000% good for me
50. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you´re a Nokia hater so why whining if you´re not going to buy any?
Nokia has done its best. Only os limited their creativity. But it will change when gdr3 will be unveiled. Nokia showed they can use their amazing tech on the new platform and now it´s going to be only better.
And I repeat again...what for put some humongus cpu and gpu if os and even this monstrous camera work flawlessly???? Give me one good reason without showing off.
51. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
What is ur problem man??
I am the buyer
Who r u to stop what i want and what i need??
i am the one who has to pay and then i have to be the one who has to ask what i need in a smartphone
If i want a wp to act same like an android
Then this is my demand and i am keeping this in front of nokia or ms
Because once again atlast i am the one who will spend on it
If u r going to spend on my behalf then i wont utter a single word
54. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
my problem are people like you. Always unhappy, always pain in the 4 letters. Thks is wring, that is incorrect. Instead of enjoying tech which is undoubtely groundbreaking you prefer grudging.
If you whine about it I safely assumed you weren´t going to buy this device. They are not going to change into ´make a wish´ foundation because of such frustrated and always unhappy andro users like you. Get over it. Does your precious samsung always listen to the customers.. No.
60. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Then te me why nokia is not able to sell as good as galaxy is selling just alone in millions and billions?
its already 2 years to lumia series
Give me a specific reason
Dont say that those people are stupid or etc etc...
A good and perfect reason
40. JMartin22 (Posts: 1567; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The only reason to purchase this phone is for the camera. In that case, I can purchase a DSLR and just take even better pictures with it, for around the same price. Other than that, it really is just a regurgitated Lumia 900 series. They didn't go above and beyond making their phone top notch in any other hardware aspect other than the camera. Which is not good enough. There are plenty of competing smartphones with camera modules that handle themselves well enough, while doing pretty much everything else better.
41. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
They could have come up with new unique features
All same as 920
was expecting a lot from a flagship device
42. jlp34876 (Posts: 80; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
The best camera is the one you always have with you.
44. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Listen to This nokia please
At the time of advertisement
What will u tell customers??
Again main focus on camera?
The people who are commenting here
Only those people are in real tech world
But how will u insist those people , with the same old hardware and software which are outside phonearena??
Samsung when make advertisements they show use of their GIMMICK features(may be not for use)
But a vast of population is attracted
55. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
yes, this stupid part of population who believe that additional 2 cores or smart feats will make their life easier. Instead of enjoying fluid experience you want more and more only because oems say so.
61. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
First of all if u say those millions and billions are stupid then i think u r stupid
Because u cant force anyone to buy lumia
Everyone has its own approachnd likings
What do u think if u r using lumia then u r genius and others r stupid??
Joke joke joke