Nokia Lumia 1020 grip case photographed from all sides, comes with a tripod mount
0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2013, 05:50 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 1020, aka Nokia EOS, aka Nokia’s next camera superphone will likely get officially unveiled tomorrow, but you can take a look at…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
O my Lord!
That's a huge ass with functional fats!
Wouldn't use this case if not for unavoidable situations.
I'll keep it fixed with the tripod instead.
2. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It's actually a pretty cool idea. Lol'd at s4 zooom, they should have done this. Haha
3. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Yeah they should have made just an S4 with camera bump and then an accessoiry like this ..
10. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
all they did was try to copy nokia and all dat they have now is one most ugliest camera vid a phone.... Eeek yukkhh... Anways its better to buy a nikon\ canon \ sony entry level slr instead f the crap Zoom.
12. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I'll have to dissapoint you, i'm still gonna use it as my primairy text phone .. the 1020 primairy for camera :)
8. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Again it will not be good in sales same as Lumia 920
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Actually,lumia 920's sales are impressive. The logistics and production dragged it down. I hope nokia has learned from that and from lumia 900's.
9. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
cant wait anymore... P.v 1020 come to me .....
13. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So happy to see the tripod mount built-in, and seemingly well-placed for balance. Hope it comes in the usual Lumia colors. Hmm, yellow on yellow? Black on yellow? Or perhaps if they made it in the green, or the phone in cyan...
14. aelliott (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
Other reports on this have suggested that this grip case will provide a 35% boost to the L1020's battery. If that is correct then my maths suggests that the 1020 will come with a 3,000mAh battery.
Not too bad.
20. aelliott (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
Latest rumours suggest just a 2000mAh battery which means that the grip case provides 35% of the power not a 35% boost to the power.
16. aelliott (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
Yes, but unlike the S4 camera it's just a clip-on, to attach or remove as and when needed. Take it off and it's back to being a slightly thicker than usual but beautifully formed mobile/cell phone.
18. Muzhhur (Posts: 214; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
agree but i do not like it, its useful but ugly
17. apnwp (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Guys ...for wp only snapdragon 800 supports 41 mp...correct me if I m wrong...i heard WP support only snapdragon...
19. Damo579 (Posts: 98; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Only GDR 3 update brings support for quad-core processors. If the 1020 comes out this month as rumored expect a S4 or the new snapdragon 400 processor and a dedicated GPU for handling the photos and videos separated from the SOC. 1 more day until the announcement I can't wait!!
21. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
The sensor can be handled by a single core. Nokia found a way to optimized it. Nokia, hands down to them.