Nokia Lumia 1020 goes up for pre-order on AT&T
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 04:44 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 1020 has just gone up for pre-order on AT&T today and the price is $299 on a two-year contract. The Lumia 1020 features a mind-blowing 41-megapixel camera…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
That is effin' expensive but the hell I care.. hahah..
2. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Regular price of $660 is surprisingly lower than i expected. That is the initial unlocked price of Lumia 920 when it launched in my country back last year.
3. mi55u (unregistered)
not even worth a penny
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Not himself but the phone!
I was, we was all expecting Quadcore with 1080P along with Adreno 320 Gpu, so it matches the very highend camera. But no! But being this Nokias 3rd highend handset, it's still equipped with a year old
19. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
"But being this Nokias 3rd highend handset, it's still equipped with a year old ®specs."
just like you're equipped with the same year old trolling? not even worth a penny.
20. DFranch (Posts: 141; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Really, you were expecting 1080P and quadcore despite MS saying those features would not be supported until the GDR3 update around december. Seems you don't know what you're talking about.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Your newbie to PhoneArena!
iv'e course i know the Gdr3 will have those. Till then have to wait another 6months for a new Nokia handset.
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Maybe by then the L1020 will be available with the improved specs on VZW? As the L1028....
29. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
what is wrong with last year specs and specific bugs or issues or you just want to have a phone to bragg about specs
26. akki20892 (Posts: 3708; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Com'on troll this phone specially create for photographers, not for hardcore users. We r not using quad core or 1080p in DSLR. This is the best cameraphone all time.
28. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
did anyone mentioned it was next genration windows phone, NOT go bash MS forums for this matter
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3708; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yes u r right not even worth a penny, because it worth a googolplex.
5. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
What's the wow feature here I think of Nokia wp more of a phone ppl who love taking photos... Don't you really need a 41 on a phone
6. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
but you need an outstanding 5mp for a smartphone.
7. papss (unregistered)
Preordered mine...very excited
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6815; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
249$ ha who the heck is going too spend that much money
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Should've been $99 more like!
$299 for last years specs device!
25. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
He was starting to sound a bit neutered.
11. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
make it 99 on contract or 449 one time payment
Dammm so expensive
13. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
if nokia give it for free then u may be happy
14. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
its camera can outclass a dale which even cost you are looking for
15. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
its camera can outclass a dslr which even cost you are looking for
21. JMartin22 (Posts: 1298; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
This camera does not outclass a DSLR. But like a DSLR, the only selling point of this phone happens to be the camera. It uses the same SoC from a year and a half ago, an old screen resolution that only Windows Phone OS supports and the such; a meek battery, no ability to remove, replace and expand the memory or battery life. Lets not forget how malnourished that phone's platform is when it comes to app selection.
If I'm a hater, then so be it. But plenty of Android cameras are good enough for everyday people and their simple and mundane tasks. This is not a good selling point for Nokia. They did a good job with the camera, they just have to get the camera into a phone that the mainstream can use and care for. Maybe it will take a couple more years of technological improvements before a sensor that good can be condensed to the size like the ones featured in the Galaxy S4 and HTC One.