Nokia Italy pegs the Lumia 920 and 820 for mid-November availability, reveals pricing
0. phoneArena 27 Sep 2012, 04:48 posted on
The Lumia 920 SIM-free pricing is about the norm for a flagship in Europe, just the way around $600 is about the norm in the US, so Nokia doesn't seem to be charging a premium for that optical stabilization camera and gloves-on touchscreen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. haneef4u (Posts: 13; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Man...i wish this lumia 920 is gonna be legendary for Nokia.... :)
5. maverick786us (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Just like legendary Nokia N95.
1) Nokia Drive and
2) Nokia Citi Lens are 2 of the most exiciting applications I've seen in my life.
Nokia has to create atleast 100s of such innovative applications in order to dominate the market again and take back the lead from Apple and Android
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The iPhone 4s costs north of $800 on contract in India.
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Countries like India and other developing south-east asain economies have always been the dumping grounds for Apple! Once a product has outlived its life cycle in the western hemisphere Apple dumps it into India at the same premium launch price so that it can milk maximum profits.
Not so the case with Android or Windows devices. At the most they are about three months late.
Moreover you have to pay the full price of the phone even in a carrier contract.
Its disgusting but its true! These countries deserve better.
14. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Same premium price? It's still higher if I know. PS: We do get Android/WP phones at the same time or earlier at the same price in markets elsewhere or maybe sometimes even lesser. Prices don't drop easily in India though.
18. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
no, its the same with windows phone. just a few days ago, I saw nokia india's facebook page reporting that "new" nokia 900 is going to be available in india coming october. its confusing seeing as lumia 800 was released pretty quickly in india.
I think they'll be more serious with 920 though.
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 964; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
iPhone 5 32GB is being sold at INR 93,990 here in India. That translates into freakin' $1764 !!! Now how this can be justified? >:[
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
LOL, $1764 very cheap. I'm buying one. /s
10. StephenGal0p (banned) (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
awesome, but who in the right mind will buy it? iSheeps?
12. eisenbricher (Posts: 964; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
You are correct, i$h33ps do exist here. Very little percentage though compared to developed countries.
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Buddy I just explianed it in my earlier post. You have to wait at least a year before it comes down to the original price that it is available for in the US!
Rotten Apple....Premium device my a$$!
19. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
correct. but in one year, more advanced phones will be out and it wont make sense for anyone to buy it.
16. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Cheap [ironic mode on], my family in Brasil told me that iPhone 5 is expected to start from 16GB BRL 3299 (USD 1629), 32GB 3699 ( USD 1820)
17. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Really. But I heard that it will launch at 50,000. I guess that's the reason why I have never seen a iPhone in my entire life. I only see the orignal one with my MAths Coaching Teacher.
20. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
no its not going to be that expensive.
Its someone on ebay selling that, not apple so you cant trust it. but still when it officially launches its price will be atleast 1100$ or more than that
8. GMS85 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
It can be more than this 600$ cause they need a hella of a comeback so they can compete with the other brands people are not interested in windows OS so they have put that under consideration.
15. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I am into business analysis and a consultant by profession. Nokia has to get the price right no matter what!
Even earlier when there were really good Gingerbread devices like Xperia X10 and HTC Sensations, Nokia had launched side-slide qwerty phone worth over US $750!!!
Nokia has played the RIM/BB game for quite some time launching good products but grossly overpriced when compared to the competition.
Nokia didnt have a good ecosystem, software integration, app support, cloud integration and yet the prices were right up there.
Granted Windows Phone 8 has all that on paper but it has yet to prove its mettle among the big boys like Android and iOS (Oh I am an Android fan here, of course!)
But at the same time I am all for diiversity and hope Win 8 and Nokia do some good.
Have a nice day :)
21. dreamflasher00 (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
lol...I jus checked eBay India..
freaking iPhone 5 64Gb..over $1900 ....
23. eisenbricher (Posts: 964; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
See? Damn that rotten Apple... I hope it will get back what it's doing with people now.
24. Plaisir009 (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Man, 499 Euros for the 820 is too expensive for me.. Guess I'll just go with the 329 Euros HTC 8S, I mean, that phone is also good, right?