Nokia Italy Lumia 920 preorders already sold out
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2012, 09:07 posted on
The option to pay EUR 100 and reserve a Lumia 920 from Nokia Italy has been there since the end of September, but the initial delivery batch has apparently been tapped out, as a simple visit to the Nokia Italy website reads "Reservations sold out"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wp8forever (unregistered)
Wow what a big surprise phone arena who wouldn't order the best phone, obviously is sold out, is best of the best.
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What a joke, best of the best, Epic Laugh. Windows will never ever take on iOs nor OS, it wil, remain 3rd or fourth. Stop dreaming...
20. Kjayhawk (Posts: 293; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
I couldn't disagree more I'm a pretty huge android fanboy, but I know change is coming.
Look where smartphones are now compared to three years ago. We are almost running a full Desktop OS in our hands, in 2 years the things we can do on our phone and our computer will be the same. Since the biggest problem with Windows phones is the lack of apps, since windows 8 is now the first really full OS that Windows has launched. Within 2 years the apps you run on your desktop will run on your phone, developers will be able to release apps on windows phones and computers without having to make multiple apps.
Windows phones are a real competitor to android and you will see a huge growth in Windows phones, but not this year maybe later next year.
22. MeoCao (unregistered)
Or maybe this is just marketing ploy Nokia loves to use. The situation was the same with Lumia 900 when Elop said sales was very encouraging. Well we now know how well 900 was selling then.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It didn't sell well, no wonder....
24. wp8forever (unregistered)
Do you know is on Microsoft power to completely destroyed android all the have to do is what apple does stop licensing them like apple does and you'll see how funny the things turns to be lol wait and see.
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" -Issac newton
I dont think its that easy bro jus sayin
32. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i wonder newton saw the apple and thought of gravity but he never thought of that when he pissed daily
25. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Just ignore this empty guy. He is not even a good troll.
31. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well look at ur thumbdoiwn TROOLLlLLL
33. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
yo troll, why i see ur ugly avatar hating on every Nokia news?
can u just go TROLL on ur sh*tdroid articles!!
29. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Well this phone is really very awesome. Even though I am getting my Note 2 very soon but I'll never mind to give Lumia 920 a go.
It is worthless comparing Android with Windows phone 8. As far I know Google would also introduce a device based on WP8 asap.
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 2316; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
This phone is going to take a HUGE bite on Android's marketshare.
6. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
I dont see that happening. but I still wanna see Nokia succeed, even though I am an Android fan, because they deserve it. Good luck Nokia.
26. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I don't think that this will take will make a big impact for Android or iOS but this is a sign that Nokia may have a chance to grow back to the top.
3. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Thank you Danial. Sometimes there are some good stories on the hopes and prayers of WP 8 and Nokia that still have a little negative spin on them. I appreciate stories giving good news as good news.
There is no disadvantage to anyone if WP8 succeeds and Nokia thrives with it. It breeds advancment, and keeps a historic device maker independent and innovating. Would love to see Nokia, HTC, and Samsung all beat sales expectations for WP8. Be fun to see Google, Apple and RIM (who I am also cheering for) have to continue to double down and work to improve.
4. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The question is how many units were on pre-order.
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Pertinent Question. Sometimes these preorder sold out's are also a marekting gimmick not saying that this is the case here ... I am a Nokia fan but my son keeps pushing me to android amd samsung in particular :)
11. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
All 10 preorders have been sold out by internal corporation demand :)
5. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Stop worrying about shares and jump on quality. I have the 900 and it doesn't freeze up like my sg3 and there are plenty of apps. I'm waiting on it here plus the wp8 tablets.
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
you need to try harder if you wanna troll.
9. redmd (Posts: 1225; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
maybe because there's nothing to freeze? lol jk the SGS3 doesn't lag afaik.
8. redmd (Posts: 1225; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
that's good news for Nokia but I might just get the ATIV S and it's big screen.
13. ageffner (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
Nokia & Other vendors getting behind WIn8 won't see a dramatic rise in share until Windows 8 starts to proliferate the desktop/laptop space. Once that happens and people get used to the new GUI and presumably like it, they will feel much more comfortable getting a handset that is part of the same GUI ecosystem.
At that point, once sales of Win8 phones start picking up, others will try it to see what all the fuss is over. You then have momentum, and it now becomes a 3-way race (or 4-way if Blackberry 10 ever gets out of the gate, and if it can truly convince folks... "this isn't your father's oldsmobile".)
14. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I will buy this phone but again keeping my android phone as my first phone. Love this lumia920 but if I had to choose just one then I am keeping my android and out wp8.
Again why no lumia920 with android OS. Come on Nokia. make phones to work in as many OS as you can just like Samsung and HTC. Is it that hard to see what is going on around you. I like Nokia but windows phone VS Android OS then my heart goes to android.
16. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
yes 900 should hav been a android and the 920 a windows phone
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Eflop will never turn to Android, look at Samsung they tried Symbian, iremember the the phone iNovate and other companies using Symbian. Instead heading forward he took the OS into a different league, relying on Windows which never has and never will rise. Like Android or ios....
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Pikapowerize should be commentin soon....
21. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Great news great for Nokia, good for MS and better for us consumers! More competition please, more innovations is all what we are asking for!
27. Loubielou (Posts: 496; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This Phone will only really sell well,when they included a micro sd card slot on it ,so a early upgrade will be needed
30. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
europe will always be more loyal to nokia than north america or any other continent