Nokia Icon dummy model mistakenly goes public at a Fry's; phone could launch as soon as February 5th
0. phoneArena 26 Jan 2014, 02:18 posted on
It looks like there might have been a screw-up at a Fry's retail location in San Marcos. A dummy model of the long awaited (but unannounced) Nokia Lumia Icon made it to the table of Verizon phones, mistakenly taking up the spot where the Nokia Lumia 928 should have been. How do we know that it is not the Nokia Lumia 928? Because the back of the phone reveals a 20MP (PureView) camera and the front shows off the three columns of Live Tiles...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
since when do nokia phones look sexy? bulky as hell
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1255; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It's question of taste. Some people find Lumias toyish because of colours and oversimplistic design, some on the other hand think that they look awesome. I think that they look ok, though 520, 620, 625 look bit too simple and bulky to me.
11. Amir1 (Posts: 243; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
not more then ok, nothing premium screams of it. the only companies that really produce premium feel are sony, apple and htc (only cause of htc one).
14. Hyperreal (Posts: 126; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
not only htc one. htc had always great quality products. look at htc hd2, htc one s, x + and many other with solid plastic/metal design. btw i think this Nokia is not bulky. its the windows phone stupid home screen design with black bezels around the tiles, what makes it look bulky.
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2257; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It's Finnish design: as simple as it can be.
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 818; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I must be the typical dumb American, not knowing geography well enough to know Cupertino is a Finnish city. I did love the original Lumia, though, the iPod Nano.
22. papss (unregistered)
Since the l900 they have been sexy..
25. Liveitup (Posts: 872; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Lumia phones are among if not the best looking family of Phones.
Lumia 925 was arguably the best looking smartphone of the last year its even sexier than HTC one, search for Videos showing comparison.
33. remtothemax (Posts: 210; Member since: 02 May 2012)
it's just the verizon versions.
i think the other lumia's look great
verizon for some reason seems to strip out everything that makes nokia phones awesome and instead produce boring black bricks
i've seen developer reference platforms with more character than the 928/9
34. bakarock (Posts: 44; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
AND THE PRICE IS PREMIUM TOO... LOL
moto g vs red rice?
2. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
If the 1525 or 1820 don't come to Verizon or T-mobile I might just pick this up. I want to get Nokia, Apple, and Samsung this year.
3. alterecho (Posts: 1054; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Huh, you can only stare at the tiles in the actual OS too.
With hardware like this, Nokia would have wiped the competition off the face of the Earth IF it had been running some other OS.
4. Doakie (Posts: 1100; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Seriously. With Windows Phone on there it seems like a total waste of nice hardware. Any Windows Phone above the Lumia 520 doesn't really matter. They're all the same besides the rear shooter, and screen size bump. Processor and RAM quantity doesn't change WP at all. So anything more expensive than the 520 at $59.99 off contract is a total waste. If this phone was running Android I'd be perking up though.
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 1255; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
This phone screams for Android Kitkat and it deserves it.
12. noler (Posts: 162; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Why ruin excellent phone with Android terrible lag OS??
15. ihavenoname (Posts: 1255; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I said Kitkat, not Cupcake or Eclair.
17. buccob (Posts: 1307; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Can you show me a link to a video demonstrating a recent Nexus (4, 5, current 7, 10) lagging?
The OS is not the problem. The skins most of the time are the lag reasons.
And whether you like it or not, Android is the most powerful and flexible mobile OS out there.
19. noler (Posts: 162; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Yes! Youtube full of videos like this, examples:
Nexus 4 - Android LagFix APP - Review - Live Test - HD
You need to run this app every day to fix the lag.
Nexus 5 youtube videos lagging
The best selling Android phone
Galaxy S4 Lag Fix Makes it 10 Times Faster
Take your free and flexible OS, I will take WP8 OS any day.
21. Topcat488 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
WP can cost you more data than Android and less Apps.
23. papss (unregistered)
Right ... Because you get so much more from low to high end on android.. Welcome to 2004 MySpace with android... It looks about as generic as any OS could be especially the super ugly 4.4
26. ihavenoname (Posts: 1255; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Generic?! It's Android, so if you hate it, you can change it to look like WP. And boring, well at least it's better than one-colored squares without wallpaper options.
31. papss (unregistered)
Your opinion isn't mine pal. I had a WP launcher on my android and wasn't at all like WP..
24. hulk_14 (Posts: 42; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Why are you so dumb? Your life is total waste of oxygen.
Yes, specs does matter.
29. CEMIII (Posts: 110; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
What a dumb ass comment. Android & Apple os's haven't really changed in years their boring & less integrated than WP.
Kit-Kat, Ice Cream, 4S, 5S. It's the hardware & camera.
The apps level out some are good some aren't.
27. Liveitup (Posts: 872; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I can tell you guys hating have never used a Windows Phone, WP redefined the smartphone , Android and iOS is copying WP tiled based , flat UI. Go look at videos on Youtube showing comparisons between the OS. You always find people who don't use something is first to criticize.
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
"How do we know that it is not the Nokia Lumia 928? Because the back of the phone reveals a 20MP (PureView) camera and the front shows off the three columns of Live Tiles."
And people say all samsung phones are same looking...And they hate samsung for them...
18. Gemmol (Posts: 489; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I cannot use small screens but this a good option for those who like phones under 6 inch, check it out and the camera I am sure y'all will like it
28. mark_ray (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 May 2013)
The market is saturated with Android and iOS, I don;t think Microsoft and Nokia will be successful in their trials, but let's wait and see