Nokia Here lands on the App Store, offers a worthy alternative to Apple Maps
The app is missing some typical gestures you might be used to (like double finger actions, rotating two fingers to pan around and so on), but has one of the best and most detailed maps for a ton of countries across the globe. Best of all, it also comes with voice-guided car and on foot navigation.
It has the typical maps and satellite views enriched with traffic information and public transportation information.
We found it misses a bit in terms of points of interests, but if you care about having accurate maps for a lot of countries, this is definitely great news. Hit the source link below to get it.
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 1168; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
More like of course not, unless he has a nokia smartphone
11. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
i see a "save a map area" button. maybe it could be used offline.
14. Bernoulli (Posts: 1168; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Yeah but it's actually not, it saves the location of an area, you have to have an account with nokia for that but in order to access that saved area you need to log in online
23. teckem (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Well at least that it is something very handy, I used to use that offline map which is very cool and precise
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 1168; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Not with ios but you can with a nokia smartphone
20. MC1123 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
time to say goodbye to apple maps and the so-called google maps!
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Loving the meego-belle + wp inspired UI. Hope it would lure some iOS users.
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Go do some study before taking a blind objection dude.. See the buttons, the font man...
18. Bernoulli (Posts: 1168; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The here theme? Hehe I don't see where you see the MeeGo, I do see a lot of symbian though
21. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
The symbian belle theme was inspired by the UI they used in the N9 (Meego). Before that symbian used to look different. Not so intuitive.
22. Bernoulli (Posts: 1168; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Yes I'm very familiar with the n9, but I just don't know where the MeeGo is! Because it's not like I can navigate from one screen to another, I mean I can navigate but within the browser, i can't just swype and get another screen, i have a note II but that's not what the MeeGo os is its characterized for its multitasking ui, kind of like my note II except the n9 was able to do it without a quad core exynos processor
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why not just use maps.nokia.com ? i been using it from my ipod for a while now
7. KParks23 (Posts: 385; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Why do all that s**t when u can just hit the app?
12. avmitking (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Aug 2011)
it is also available on Android, but few people doesn't notice this.
But right now it is available only on Amazon app store.
can anyone download and share. I can't access Amazon app store from my location.
13. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Come on Google get on it! what could be funny is if Google had message that appeared in iOS on web Gmaps that said "Want a real google maps experience? Try the Nexus 4 today, the playground is open"
16. MattAdorno (Posts: 19; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
I'm definitely going to give this a whirl.
19. bbonline (Posts: 38; Member since: 24 Feb 2011)
There's no option for voice-guided CAR navigation, only walking. The article should be updated.