Nokia, HTC and Huawei new Windows Phones summer plan leaks, WP phablet update to follow
0. phoneArena 02 May 2013, 06:52 posted on
We are looking at quite the crop being introduced during the summer, from the usual suspects like Nokia and HTC, but now Samsung gets thrown into the mix, too, though it is probably a confusion with a Win 8 notebook or tablet of sorts:
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 382; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
if Nokia release a phablet with windows 8 pro,it will surely be a Note 3 killer.
9. ebubekir26 (Posts: 315; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
nope, not a Note III killer
but if it releases a couple of month's after the Note III, than maybe
don't underestimate the Note III
you know it's gonna be the king
we all know no one can beat Samsung in phablet category...
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but samsung wont be king of the phablet market forever and with samsung just giving more specs and in some cases (there tablets) not changing a thing others will move in and take it.
besides you cant say the note 3 will be king, it will live of the rep of the note 2 though giving it a better chance, just like how the s4 will run off the s3's rep.
besides windows 8 pro on a phablet...that would kill an android phablet if it ever happened
12. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
nokia cant even beat s3 and u think it can beat s-pen features.... lol
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
err you should stop been closed minded, depending what you want nokia have beat the s3, why is it your kind insist that samsung are kings at everything all of a sudden
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Lumia 920 has beaten S3 in many aspects. Web browsing speed itself is a lot faster. Everything that rises will fall, and rise again, and the chain continues. It happened to Nokia, HTC and Apple. And i wont be surprised if something similar happen to other big companies even like Samsung. This cycle keeps the competition strong and encourages innovation.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The Lumia 920 wins the S3 in many aspects.
Camera - Lumia 920 Wins
Build quality - Lumia 920 Wins
Design - Lumia 920 Wins
Premium feeling - Lumia 920 Wins
Web browsing - Lumia 920 Wins
The S3 only wins the performance, features and the "Samsung" name.
So, in conclusion, the Lumia 920 can "PUNCH" the S3 very HARD! :)
23. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
How is web browsing a better experience on WP??? And BTW you're comparing a phone that came out in mid november last year to one that came out in the end of may, almost exactly a year ago. But still Android >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WP8, and when it comes to the ecosystem, WP doesn't even have a chance.
24. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm comparing a flagship from Nokia to a flagship from Samsung, and to tell you the truth, Nokia's Internet Explorer 10 is better than Samsung's browser, the Internet Explorer 10 is faster and safer.
And I'm not comparing Android to WP, I'm just comparing a flagship from Nokia to a flagship from Samsung! Do you understand??
3. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
good!! but please stop playing catch up!! innovate some more on WP!!! i hope they could just merge windows mobile looks on WP!
4. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Only care about Nokia...bring some phablet!!!
5. papss (unregistered)
I'm holding out for the EOS this summer. I hope they do bring it and that its a game changer.
6. mydi.maus (unregistered)
7. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I think if HTC did the same to its new wp8 phone as to the HTC one, like dual speakers, ultra pixel camera, aluminum unibody design, fhd screen with higher ppi and much much more it will be a killer in every way, stuff Nokia there a company in desperate mode, they make fun of every new device only aiming at the camera, although it sucks even doesn't come near to HTC one low light photos and etc. Go HTC, this year is going to be a winner for HTC.
8. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
notice how nokia will "push"
where the rest will "release"
-this will be a loooong wait.
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Windows Phone + Nokia = TRUE NOKIA MASTERPIECE!
18. roldefol (Posts: 4108; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
For all the hand-wringing about Nokia smothering MeeGo in the cradle in favor of Windows...if you actually dig into the history of MeeGo, they were at one point aiming for a UI similar to Metro. Commenters here say Nokia should go Android, but I really think WP suits their design aesthetic.
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Exactly! I agree with you!
Nokia made a right choice to go with WP, and you're right, WP suits their design aesthetic! Android + Nokia = doesn't match at all!
21. roldefol (Posts: 4108; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm sure Nokia could have created their own skin just like the other major Android players, but MS did the work for them. I like having multiple OS options, and without a major partner like Nokia, WP might not have a shot.
30. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
full windows 8 phablet will be a true killer no doubt..
31. kissily (Posts: 53; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
Ask microsoft about their Surface Pro and they will tell you otherwise
32. papss (unregistered)
The surface pro isn't a phablet so I'm not sure what you mean
35. jpal12 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2013)
When the ZTE phablet leaked, 5.9" seamed huge.