Nokia HERE Maps in 3D used in spectacular video collage
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2013, 22:22 posted on
We are getting spoiled by the waves of technology that either be incremental steps, or by giants leaps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. windroid (unregistered)
WTF... sorry for the language but this is SOMETHING!
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That video looked great, but what's with the CGI on picture number 4? That looks horrible! But everything else looks great. Google will have to do some major overhauling if they want to keep that top dog status with maps and navigation. Nokia is coming out hard, and if Apple gets their Maps together, Google can forget number 2... They'll be pulling up the rear!
9. Maxwell.R (Posts: 175; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
The last picture was just an illustration that while Nokia has a good thing going with its 3D imaging, it is not covering all the major markets yet. Google Earth, while still a little CGI-ish, is well ahead in that department. It was an ad-hoc comparison, nothing more.
3. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Nokia... I think is on the right track if it wasn't for the f**k'n OS that doesn't even support 1080p displays.
5. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
1080P displays are on their way!! Slow and steady wins the race always remember that!!
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
1080P and some other things MS restricted mostly they fearfd it would be problem for smoth performance untill they know for sure like FLASH was restricted now they have allowed it atleast on win8. dont know why they afraid of unlocking all these good stuff
8. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
wp8's kernel supports 1080p, its just that microsoft placed a restriction to 720p for whatever reason. They will probably up wp to 1080p by the time windows blue rolls out. That will also be around the same time as Nokia World where the new flagship nokia devices will debut. A 1080p phase 1 pureview, with all the other nokia features would be a monster (hopefully not literally). The race this year isn't over yet.
11. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Absolutely correct like I stated the best is yet to come. Don't write off Microsoft just yet!! Don't call it a come back because Nokia never ever left!!
13. Blazers (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
This is just a guess, but perhaps Window Phone hasn't optimized their OS for the battery consumption for 1080p yet.
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
There are more phones coming from Nokia and supports 1080p displays, just wait and see......
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yep......there is still more to come.......!!!
17. rsiders (Posts: 309; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Dude quit your crying we don't even need 1080p displays on phones. It's just a "for bragging rights" feature that the market is pushing now and you obviously are eating it right up. 1080p displays are beautiful, but 720p displays are gorgeous to look at and sometimes I wish technology would slow down just a little bit. Everything has to bigger better, quad core, more megapixels, more memory when we really need to think and realize that most of these things are "just because we can" and not really a necessity. Just my old school thoughts. But for the sake of keeping up, WP will have 1080p phones as well.
4. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
That is quite amazing can't wait for Nokia to fully develop this and put it in their lumias.
6. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I heard that it will be rolled out soon to all Nokia phones and then to other Window Phone 8 Devices!!
7. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Get ready folks Nokia is getting ready to rumble again!!! The best is yet to come, stay tuned!!
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and the best is always yet to come ever :\ just saying
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well looks like offline 3D maps not far from moblie devices
16. DHILLON_ARSH (Posts: 66; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
WAAW THATZ REALLY SMTHING GR8...
nokia--> plz dont ditch symbian
2.ditch that fccknh windowz phone os instead
3.improve ur batteriez
4.Go for ANDROIS or atleast give us an option
nd you'll be on top again.....