Nokia EOS/Lumia 1020 render leaks
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 23:25 posted on
The Nokia EOS is expected to be introduced at Nokia's next press event on July 11th in New York City; last month, we told you that the EOS could end up coming to market as the Nokia Lumia 1020. With that in mind, @evleaks posted a render of the device, which from the front has the typical look of a Nokia Lumia handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. juandante (Posts: 232; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Sony i1 will be deception, as where Xperia S, Z, and all the other,
Galaxy camera is great but to big for pocket (and looks to much like a camera so it is hard to take pictures in some situations)
So waiting for EOS (but still not a big fan of this closed WP... -_-")
29. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Zoom should'nt be considered as a phone. Putting GSM support in camera doesnt make a phone. Its not even pocket friendly.
EOS and Honami are real warriors.
Honami has the advantage of Android to me.. Lets see what Nokia will bring to us.
48. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 303; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i like nokia but they need to bring something else to table apart from camera features,they own that now, it's time for windows phone to start innovate and bring features to the table already available on android and ios
56. akki20892 (Posts: 3237; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
nokia u guys need to put your devices in all carrier not only in one.
can't waitttttttt for this device, i'm seeing this device have some uniqueness in it.
2. raunak (Posts: 495; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
No, it will not go up against S4 Zoom because that thing is not a phone.
5. haseebzahid (Posts: 1801; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
last time 808 went in competion with DSLRs lost but came really close to DSLR picture quality with nomral senarios
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, there is a new category called "Phamera" (Phone+Camera).
Sony i1 and Nokia EOS is a Phamera and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom is just a big boob camera with an earpiece. lol
12. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Phamera? Me like. Yeah, totally agree, the S4 Zoom is just named that way so it can be a "camera phone".
13. raunak (Posts: 495; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
No. Honami and EOS are phones with good cameras. Still phones. If you call phones with good camera Phameras, then you should also call phones with GPS Phonigation device (Phone + Navigation device). Do not invent weird names. Phablet was fine but Phamera is stupid.
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I didn't invent the name "Phamera", it came from someone in here (I don't remember who it is). But I don't think "Phamera" sound stupid IMO.
52. FISTFLY (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I read his comment mentioning "phamera" and you resounded this term in the other article. Phamera is more like phablet camera rather than phone camera. The latter has its own term already "camera phone"
23. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
When I first heard "Phablet" I laughed, now it's in, like the Phamera will be "in" in a few years.
49. verty (Posts: 101; Member since: 07 May 2012)
What do you mean stupid!!! How rude and unpleasant!!. Make your point no need to get abusive and unmannerly.
Tell me the difference between phablet and phamera!!. its the same principle, combining two words to become one.
3. adit38 (Posts: 23; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
I dont think wp8 better from android or ios, but i loved it. Its very different than other OS.
But because wp8 not perfect, i always bring android beside EOS. I always carrying 2 phone since 2004.
For its hardware i prefer nokia, for its os functionaly i prefer android, for its beauty i prefer wp8
39. Credo (Posts: 683; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Well said! Someone who can love different OS'es +1
4. Alex123 (Posts: 188; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
How surprise if Nokia release android device without any information or rumor? I hope this will come true one day
6. haseebzahid (Posts: 1801; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol till MS stops paying them 1 billion per year and this contract ends nokia cannot make android or MS will sue them for violating the contract :P
7. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
waiting curiously... BRING IT ONN !!!!!
9. vandroid (Posts: 251; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
It looks the same as the other lumia models Nokia is worse than apple
10. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Than what you want every new Model with unique design, At least Nokia have different design sets Like Lumia 720, Lumia 620 Lumia 920 and Lumia 925 all of them look different .. Not like iPhone or Samsung where the owners have to tell you look this is my S4 or iPhone 5 ... ooops i thought it was Galaxy S3 or iPhone 4
15. vandroid (Posts: 251; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
The s3 and i4 are different generations and were also flagships the lumia 620 and 720 are mid range which is why they have different designs and besides galaxy devices and iPhones sell more in a quarter than a lumia does in a year
17. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
When you don't have anything to argue than you came up with sales figures...
"The s3 and i4 are different generations and were also flagships the lumia 620 and 720 are mid range which is why they have different designs" ?
22. vandroid (Posts: 251; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Funny because you bringing up non flagship models was less relevant
24. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
I think you should read your first comment again.
BTW which mid-range device from samsung have unique design? forget about apple they don't have any mid-range phone.
HTC One is a real beauty but flagship device
Tell me Which OEM is bothered about their Low-end and Mid-range device design and performance Except Nokia?...
Consider 520 and Nokia Asha 501. These models out performs every laggy buggy droid in their segment
30. vandroid (Posts: 251; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
You have a good point but why are we talking about performance and design of mid and low end devices my first comment said that Nokia is worse than apple when it comes to the same design which is true because Nokia's flagship devices have been the same design for years you couldn't tell which model you were holding you brought up apple and samsung but the average consumer can spot the difference no mid range devices by top oems have unique designs and acceptable performance because they are focused on high end models and making those cheap sure Nokia devices run smooth but take their os into consideration my android device doesn't lag and I play games and watch videos etc windows is a boring os that lacks many things
45. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Midrange phones do not sell well!
Only Nokias midrange and low end range devices sell well.
Asha are selling well in 3rd world country cause consumers can't afford highend devices.
Android is an OS that needs power and Ram to preform very well.
Wp8 is still a unmatured OS you are comparing to Android.
31. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sorry to get involved in this flame war....but I have never heard anything so idiotic....I don't need some idiot coming up to me in a phone shop and going oh this is the s3 this is the s4.....they have labels next to them they have boxes with them, I have never heard of any idiot walking out of a phone shop and saying "damn I bought the s3 instead of the s4".....what are you on!
35. vandroid (Posts: 251; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Its quote obvious that stores have labels and boxes but in a scenario without a label or a box you couldn't tell
43. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
hahahahhah I think you should carefully read my comment again. i said "owners/users" not "retailers"
60. -box- (Posts: 3707; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Without measuring screen size or.having them side by side, I can't tell an S3 from an S4, so I just call them "Galaxy", just like iphone 3g vs 3gs and 4 vs 4s. The only Nokias that are the same are within the same model, 810/820/822, that is.
41. aelliott (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
Okay, I know I am a fan of NOKIA but, from what I can see from this one photo, I really like the design. The N9/Lumia 800 design form is so elegant, so simple, so sleek - it never gets tiring.
I do want to see the reverse side and the camera hump.
And I want to see one without AT&T logo which would reassure me that I can get hold on one here in the UK.
11. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
personally i'll say its kind of difficult to create a unique design every moment but nokia has tried in doing that..925,928,920,720,620,520 all pretty in their own way Thumbs up nokia.am pretty sure nokia eos/lumia 1020 will have a pretty design.
57. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
You forgot to mention the 820 in your enumeration! And yeah they're all unique. I'm loving the design build of 720 and 925 so far :)
37. reten (Posts: 43; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
Take out your Nokia fan glasses and see again,
Or it's ok as long as your happy with your phone right.
19. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Ugly bezels? i think they work as protective shield for the device...
26. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
U call them protective shield??
Because its nokia
If its some other brand then u cud have said ugly
32. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yes because the s4 needs a protective shield......(sarcasm).....well I shouldn't be surprised to see tashreef loving Nokia to the end.....
20. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Those are gorgeous Lumia-style bezels. :P
44. papss (unregistered)
Right because it must not be good with bezel right? My N4 has arguably just as big of a bezel as my lumia. I don't much care as long as the screen is black when its off. What matter is the experience and WP has that in spades. WP feels more organic and I feel more connects to my phone than with any android I've ever had.
25. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
wow mind blown looks exactly like lumia 920
47. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And it will be
51. papss (unregistered)
About every word you use is the same..big, jumbo, huge? Wow you are stretching your vocabulary
54. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
We are not talking about Galaxy Mega Troll..
27. SIGPRO (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
I hope it will not look like the picture above, Not only Nokia but all manufacturers should use smaller bezel's. Man i hate big bezel's almost every phone these days have it, it's UGLY!
42. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Bezel are important as it allows more space down to pack a powerful battery inside.
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Another phone by Nokia using the same specs as Lumia 920,925,928
4 highend devices with the same specs...
What a joke. Really sucks.
Just another camera upgrade.
50. Jehovah (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
I am almost sure it will be my next phone. What troubles me the most is distribuition, the 920 only reached the brazillian market in early march. We already waited for more than a year to have our 808s made into WPs, having to wait until the end of the year or the next would be VERY disappointing. Justice to be made to Samsung, the S4 was available here in less than two months of its global release. Please NOKIA, remember us!
53. papss (unregistered)
I will most certainly be getting the eos when it's released.
58. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1014; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
WoW Nokia put some gold metal piping or something around the screen of this case to give it
some glory. Nokia the 925 design is cool it should have been upgraded a little and used on the
EOS 41 mega pixel model Windows 8 smart phone. Nokia You would have won many awards by having a 925 case body with EOS 41 pixel camera