Nokia EOS/Lumia 1020 coming to the U.K.?
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2013, 12:48 posted on
Just because the Nokia EOS, which might end up being called the Nokia Lumia 1020, is being introduced in New York City it doesn't mean that a version of the phone isn't going to have a presence in Europe; a telecom industry source coughed up some information in a published report on Thursday, and apparently spilled the beans on a U.K. variant of the Nokia EOS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Alexander_K (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
It's going to be called Lumia 909. PA, check your sources again (@evleaks).
2. Birds (Posts: 959; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Why can't they just call it the Nokia Lumia 1000? Sounds better...
3. Alexander_K (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Because the 909 sounds more like an update to the 808 Pureview. Also they don't want to go into the 4-digit naming system, because they've done it before with their old devices prior to 2011 (5530, 3110, 5800 etc.).
4. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
They will go into 4 digit number with quad core processor and hd screen.
6. Alexander_K (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Maybe... or maybe they will go with 930,940,950 and so on :)
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Have to wait till 2014 July for that
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3255; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I guess Nop, they will unveil 4 digits device in Nokia world maybe around September. Bet ya
5. MistB (Posts: 550; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
So was there supposed to have been a larger version of the EOS with a smaller camera but consisting of Aluminium build? Either way I'm pumped and can't wait to try this out. Hope it comes out in another colour besides black though, I'm aching for a yellow or red variant.
11. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'm hoping for the green and cyan from other parts of the Nokia range.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What a weird and funny country the US is...
Here in UK, when it will launch it will be available on all 5 carriers: Orange, T-Mobile, o2, Vodafone, 3.
Also you don't have to pay $200 dollars for a high end phone. It's free on a £46 a month tarrif.
Pathetic usesless thing this funny system and a rip off!
13. justsayit (Posts: 161; Member since: 09 May 2013)
"The EOS will offer the same 41MP camera sensor found on the Nokia 808 PureView. "
means no upgrade camera?
14. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
even if what for upgrade sth what is years ahead of the competition?