Nokia EOS shown up and running, advanced camera application is in stock
1. mi55u (unregistered)
with this kind of phone, i can just throw away my dumbell now lol
37. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Hypocrite plastic fans!
38. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Your lagaxy zoom can't compete this phone!
even the galaxy camera was beaten by the 808 pureview. Stop getting jealous you retarded!
Nokia has the best camera so far! Now keep crying.
47. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Yep Nokia has the best camera but most people would prefer SMARTphones with a good camera than a camera with a phone.
48. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but the eos will be a smartphone with a great camera so best of both
and you cant talk for most people as there's a huge segment that dont buy high end so there smartphone experience is limited
64. shikroi (Posts: 186; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
So you are saying that this phone isn't a smartphone with a good camera?
68. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
It is more a camera with phone capabilities in my eyes....
77. Dastrix (Posts: 587; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
You missed the point. WP is a smartphone platform, in case you forgot. So, to break it down for you: Nokia EOS with the best camera + WP = Best Smartphone with the Best Camera. Best of Both Worlds.
71. haseebzahid (Posts: 1826; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
what galaxy camera was beaten by almost all phone cameras not just flag ship lowend 5mpx cams also beat the s**ty galaxy Cam
5. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Bezel is not that thick. Look at the point where xbox and photos tiles meet.
11. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
That's to avoid accidental presses. The alternative is to use physical keys.
66. shikroi (Posts: 186; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Its the same size as the 920's bezels. In real life the bezels on the 920 aren't nearly as big as the online pics make them seem.
78. Dastrix (Posts: 587; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
That's actually true. However, if you ever read the reviews of the HTC Windows Phone 8X, you'll understand why. The reviewers kept missing the capacitive buttons, and their thumbs reached the outside frame of the phone. A pretty obvious explanation.
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I actually agree with you dude that is a bloody big bezel!
42. andro. (Posts: 1951; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
In this day and age the bezel is indeed huge. The black area below the screen is about 6 times that of current top handsets
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's not a huge bezel, that's a gorgeous "Lumia style" bezel!
This is Lumia.
12. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Thanks for your opinion. Now stop writing "This is Lumia." at the bottom of every comment.
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't get it, if "This is Lumia" sound annoying to you, then why you didn't complain about donjunior's "Samsung FTW"?
20. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
It's hard to argue rationally if you're a Samsung or Apple fan.
24. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm not anyone's fan. I love every manufacturer.
And please explain that why you didn't complain about donjunior's "Samsung FTW"?
28. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Dude, I just told you that. I didn't say YOU are Samsung/Apple fan. I said I didn't complain about donjunior's "Samsung FTW" because it's hard to reason with blind fanboys. Sorry for any confusion.
17. tech3 (unregistered)
Huge? I don't think so.
22. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Bottoms bezel is big there is no hiding that....
49. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1139; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
as long as the speakers are loud, i dont care about the bottom bezel. i hold a phone on the sides anyway
39. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
These bezels represents the style of lumia!
3. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
1 please....og and could you please throw in an invisible shield for that pretty screen?
4. salehsobhan (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Honestly I have never been so excited about a phone in my whole life.
61. StreetNerd (Posts: 705; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
yea u should go for it!
allready owned 4 WP devices. Recently i jumpd over to BB10 just trying it out, if i dont like it i will be back on WP
9. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5409; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
OMG, this is the true masterpiece!
Great job, Nokia!
13. mousesports (Posts: 251; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Hey Phonearena .. Yesterday was a news where NOKIA EOS dont have front camera ... in this pictures i see he got a front camera...
23. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
In what universe does a flagship device not have FFC?
40. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
19. tech3 (unregistered)
Cool! I love it!
21. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It will be Lumia something I guess. Great phone btw
30. SIGPRO (Posts: 444; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
This phone looks awsome i will buy it.
But they should make the bezel smaller, and not only Nokia all other brands to.
Smaller bezel is nicer!
32. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
I just hope it carries the same awsome microphones that the HTC One might still have for its Distortion Free Recording. I know Nokia designed these exclsuive HAAC microphones, but HTC did a great job installing them on the One. Give credit where credit is due.
41. raunak (Posts: 504; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I don't think HTC did any special job to install those microphones. Whatever was special was in the hardware, HTC put them in just like any other microphone. Don't give credit where it's not due.
50. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
only the geeks who knows about phone cameras will buy this, i dont see the general public picking a huge, heavy thick phone over the current thin ones like HTC, S4 or XZ.
51. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
did PA mentioned the Weight of EOS? if Not
"heavy thick phone over the current thin ones like HTC, S4 or XZ."
what was that?
54. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
oh yeah, from the pics the phone does look thin and light doesn't it? blind troll
52. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
if its marketed well they will, samsung and apple have proven marketing is the key
and the heavy phone comment is old, anyone struggling to pick up or hold a phone like the 808 needs serious help ive had a baby hold my 808 without a problem so theres no excuse
look at it this way the s4 is a great device but everything good about it is for bragging rights that only geeks care about. the general audience dont care if its quad or octo......the key was samsungs marketing they pulled an apple and made there device a trend and must have gadget
dont like the facts move on, i know someone with an s4 and why did he get it...because its a s4 he didnt even know about the features or what camera it had........
56. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
yes but i like nokia design and look of there devices but the camera thing is getting old hopefully after this they will start to focus on other apects of their phones...
70. apathy88 (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
The camera is one of the main area's that really need innovation within a smartphone. Lots of people are more focused on the camera than you think, and it is often the deciding factor when a person actually is buying a phone. This is most people, not most of us that hang around this site.
Also I don't think the size and thickness will stop people from getting this phone. Windows phone is THE easiest to use and with a camera like that, it is sure to have a following of salesmen and users that prefer it.
59. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Well it's also a fact that there are more people who prefer thin and lighter phones over thick and heavy ones, and it's also a fact that people want more features on a phone.
Yes marketing helps but there's so many factors that helps a phone sell, I can list probably 20 of it.
60. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
answer me this simple question seeing as your an android fanboy
why when the iphone was selling more then any other device you cried it was down to marketing and herd mentality but now suddenly people want thin phones with features
the general market dont know of the gimmicky features they buy thanks to the marketing. as for the thin line not true people still buy thicker phones over thin ones and visa versa...its all about trade off for an excellent camera you know it will have to be thicker. besides when the s4 zoom comes out you will change your tune on thinness
62. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
dude just stfu....for the past week you have been tormenting my posts.....i encourage feedback on my posts but you insistantly calling me and lots of other people fanboys and idiots is just too far! What has a fanboy done to you? Nothing they are comitting no harm so what if someone prefers one os to another thats there opinion stop tormenting them about it...i adnit yes at times i may come across as i prefer android to wp or iOS and yes i do but that doesnt make me a fanboy....someone can like one os that doesnt automatically mean there a fanboy....i dislike wp as for me after 6months with it it has become boring, and i dislike iOS as for me it lacks style or innovation, so according to you that makes me a fanboy....grow up and stop tormenting...havent you got anything better to do?
65. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i agree, this guy has anger issues, i mean if we don't agree with something or we state our own opinion , he just calls us a 'fanboy' lol
I dont even care what brand of phone people have
63. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i cried about the iphone selling more?...I'll change my mind about thinness when the S4 zoom comes out?
Well since you know me to well, why don't you answer your own question on my behalf?
Anyway since your a fanboy and thinks you can read peoples mind, the reason why iphone is selling well other than marketing was because of the fan loyalty it got ever since the first ipod, iphone and ipad came out, and of course it's appstore and accessories.
Now lets say the average Joe goes in the phone store to pick a phone, do you really think he will notice the camera difference when quickly testing a phone out in the store?
Sure nokia can market it's great camera, but samsung and apple can market their cameras to. So design, features, thinness and of course brand loyalty will also play an important role.
74. sbw44 (Posts: 389; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Brand loyalty? that means fanboys! what people here do is they blatantly dis any other company that innovates so that it looks like their favorite company is better!
Thinness? I'll rather have a slightly thicker and heavier that's durable phone than having a thin cheap feeling phone that easily breaks!
69. HouTexan (Posts: 311; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Um, you're a blind fanboy your damn self. Don't try and act 'holier than thou'. You're the only fanboy that sits here and types these long, redundant, and drawn out novels about other people (especially when they diss wp8). Mommy needs to warm up your bottle, ASAP.
75. sbw44 (Posts: 389; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
"You're the only fanboy that sits here and types these long,redundant, and drawn out novels about other people"
Seriously???? are you new year or are just blind of stupidity?