Nokia EOS may launch as the Lumia 1020
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2013, 11:56 posted on
We don't know a huge amount about Nokia's next big thing, the EOS. We know that it will more than likely be announced next month; we know that it will have a borderline unnecessary 41MP camera; and, we know that it will likely come in a range of colors, just like other Nokia devices. But, a new rumor may have a name for the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
132. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
same sentiments here. If you write this kind of comment on the pixel count of Pureview tech, either you're just acting to know nothing (to favor other brands) or you are someone who lived under the rock who suddenly emerged and posted dumb comments. Why not write "obvious unnecessary telescope at the back of the phone" instead or better yet "obvious unnecessary fusion of a phone and a digicam". Hello S4 Zoom!
16. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Samsung doesn't have a 41mp camera yet on a smartphone, so they ordered PA to say so.
50. Boreni (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
@Michael H, What about unnecessary 1080p screen or unnecessary 4 core CPU or unnecessary 5.0" screen size or unnecessary 2GB of ram ?
@Potato, you will be banned too
21. Boreni (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
@Michael H is not so smart, he probably did not hear the term 'lossless zoom' and 'oversampling'!!!
96. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
IDK seems to be a newbie or a hater or paid reviewer :D
27. Darkerm (Posts: 308; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
same reaaction when I was reading this article.
Tell who doesn't want a better camera on their smartphone?
28. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Maybe what we should need is a cannonlike protuberance on its back. Okay... just kidding. Phonearena has a good coverage of WP and Nokia phones, I think it was just a wit attempt that surely backfired with some audiences, not an intentional attack on a yet to be realease phone.
116. aelliott (Posts: 31; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
Wit looks at reality and points out the irony. There is nothing ironic in the 41mp sensor - it makes sense and it works. Therefore the comment "borderline unnecessary" betrays either a lack of understanding of the principles involved or a lowest-common-denominator, lazy journalism.
117. aelliott (Posts: 31; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
It's not just a case of who doesn't want a better camera on their smartphone; after all, there will be a bump on the back of the 1020, just as there was on the 808 and N8. Personally, I am happy to live with that bump in order to get a better camera - others do not want that "compromise".
38. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Really. May be because S4 zoom has only 16mp camera?
58. Dastrix (unregistered)
I know right! Borderline unnecessary wording by Michael H., to put it in his own words. Why would he even say that? I question the credibility of these writers. More like fanboys.
97. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Or More like Paid writers/reviewers :-/
17. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
battle of the year:
Nokia 1020 vs Sony Honami
25. Boreni (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
It's not a fair fight, 41MP vs 16MP .
26. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
More MP does not a better camera make. sensor size is more important.
44. Boreni (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Sony Honami sensor size will be bigger than 1/1.2" ?
123. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I have no idea. I'm simply pointing out Mega Pixel count is not the ends all be all.
100. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah! And Nokia uses the Best Camera Sensors after all for their phones since N8 to Lumia 925.
Whereas I'm a fan of Nokia, Apple & Sony. Love Innovators not labels!!
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Thank god they have name,end it 1020 I was getting worried it was just gona be called the eos, but anyway I don't see what all the fuss is about, some enlighten me.......
20. Boreni (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Yes, This is because you are a Samsung/Android fan.
57. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yes I do like android that's only because it is the best.....anyway how is it so good its just a camera with phone capabilities.....idiot
85. Boreni (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
If you are looking for a phone with lag, android it's best!
This is what you said about S4 zoom
"It's called giving consumers choice ...."
So what happened to giving consumers a choice ?
129. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
pathetic troll....if samsung had such camera you would brag about it day and night
pathetic, uneducated troll
60. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
The funny thing is I have done some research clearly more than you.....all it is is a camera with phone capabilities
66. roldefol (Posts: 4304; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That would be the S"4" Zoom. The EOS is a Lumia 928 with an enormously great camera. So up front it will be a top-notch Windows Phone too.