Nokia EOS leaks out once again, posing next to a Lumia 920 and it’s hard to tell the difference
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2013, 04:05 posted on
The Nokia EOS, aka Nokia codename Elvis, the Nokia superphone with a 41-megapixel PureView camera has leaked out once again…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
BTW, is the an Android app that does similarly, capture a full photo then a custom sized?
2. amats69 (Posts: 1368; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
beautiful! but i dont like the back side...
24. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I would prefer this rather than the Galaxy S4 zoom.
33. muhsen (Posts: 280; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
ugly ??? u r looking at an industry award winning design... the fabula design .....it was named the most beautiful product in 2012(the 800/n9 was awarded the title but they share the same design with the 920/eos)
and frankly......this is far from ugly!
36. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Just because a group of people like it, doesn´t mean that he should like it. People are different, have different tastes. I for one like the front side but the back side, come on Nokia that is just ugly. And they say that Samsung is recycling design :)
45. amats69 (Posts: 1368; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
please dont compare this to Galaxy S4 Zoom....that Zoom thing got horrible design!LOL
3. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Hmm... This photo could easily be just 2 lumina 920s just one has a bit of blue tack on the back raising it off the table a little bit more
20. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
nope...the one on the right looks narrower and possibly a bit longer with a bit thinner body (minus the camera hump of course)
37. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Look at the placement of the front facing camera. The one on the left is a 920, on the right is (presumably) EOS/Elvis.
42. kabel (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
If they posted a photo which masks the depth perception (hiding the camera bulge) and if the Nokia logo was removed, then the only way to tell which one is 920 is by the front facing camera; on lumia 920 it is too close to the edge of the gorilla glass; on EOS is safely tucked in closer to the display. I'm assuming this way the front facing camera won’t get dusty. On 920 placing the front facing camera too close to the sim made the front facing camera (and the proximity sensor) dust prone ... Anyone remembers how the proximity sensor on 920 was messing up the dialer app (because of dust accumulation) ...
67. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
My proximity sensor hasn't had any issues since I got the phone, but there is a ton of dust in my front facing camera... Luckily, I haven't had any use for it.
4. mi55u (unregistered)
of course they cant tell difference, same old brick anyway....
7. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
go play with your retarded andro device and stay away from Nokia's articles, troll
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Lol he is the troll, your the person who compulsively loves everything Nokia ever do!
15. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you've got some problem with it, kiddo?
I support Nokia and so what?
You love samsung no matter what even though they've recently became the biggest thieves in the industry.
if you have nothing to say in Nokia's articles, why bother coming in and spreading such bull$%^?
...and if you're one of those who can't hold a 150g in your hand....well, I fell sorry for you.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Calm down dears! It's only a manufacturer! :)
38. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Have a nice weeks vacation ExperiaDroid by PA...
Finally you have been Limited®
27. nanozander (Posts: 85; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I too, used to support Nokia. Till i took a WP7 to the knee...
29. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Eww. WP7 was a bit of a letdown... talk about outdated hardware.
30. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
and you hump androids leg and wish you could marry samsung
didnt i shut you up when you couldnt list the amazing features android has that are needed and no other os has. remember you listed ''replace battery'' as a feature of android was really desperate and funny
hop along now kid, this is a nokia article where the more reasonable people come to comment. your not one of them
41. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
You are a troll.!!you are going to support cheap plastic throughout your life no doubt!!what abot the sams..k sh..s.with same design made of cheap plastic coming out every year ,the only thing is changing the screen size..nokia has far more series in market right now than sam..k ..they are really doing good job at their camera..why you sick sams...k fanboys accept good things! !!
21. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
if the EOS is a brick the Galaxy Zoom is a breeze block
62. Anti-Troll (banned) (Posts: 64; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Can't you type anything other than "hell yea"?
5. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
i shall proclaim no one shall call EOS a brick for thou art S4 zoom u have
16. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Not even the 808PV can be considered a brick as long the S4 Zoom exists
26. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
They are all ugly bricks. Less ugly doesn't make it beautiful.
35. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
S4 zoom ugly and deformed layout brick
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
EOS is far from a brick... It's a beautifully designed and sleek device! The camera hump isn't even that big...
8. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1981; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
yup!that s4 zoom brick, won't match 41mp greatness.
10. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
the new title of the brick of the year goes to samsung zoom which is wannabe smartphone&point and shoot God knows what
11. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Very nice. not looking bulky like Galaxy S4 Zoom
12. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
4.5' 768p VS 4.3' 540p, EOS already has better screen than Galaxy S4 Zoom; not to mention both have duo core 1.5GHz, only that S4 Zoom has 1.5Gb RAM (well, android needs more).
Putting specs aside, S4 Zoom is a brick compared to this sleek device.
14. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This more of 720's design athan 920's if you ask me, which is a good thing.
32. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Seems to combine the design of the 920 (rounded sides), 928 (narrowed body, ClearBlack OLED), and 808 (camera hump). Looks good to me!
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This thing is GORGEOUS! Good job Nokia, EOS FTW!
Take note Samsung!
31. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I don't know if I'd call it gorgeous, but it's clean looking and definitely a Nokia... form and function nicely mesh.
23. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
If this picture is genuine, Nokia have done a great job putting this device together. My 925 gets delivered next Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing if the camera is any better than my 920. If it is, then I'm not sure I would trade this sleek beauty for the EOS, as nice at it looks at the moment.
40. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
925's camera is better, especially in terms of sharpness and color accuracy. There's been a few comparisons between the two already. I believe the 925 beats even the 928 in most categories except certain flash-intensive shots.