Nokia EOS Windows Phone to make a cameo May 14, BlackBerry prepping mid-May roadmap event, too
0. phoneArena 07 May 2013, 02:17 posted on
Sources are now implying that it will be the EOS as well unveiled at the May 14 press conference in London, and we won't be exaggerating when we say that fans have been watching and waiting for a while now that a camera the rank of PureView Phase 1, with its 41 MP, pixel-binning and lossless zoom tech, receives a modern mobile OS to go with it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Wait, so will there be a flagship at the end of the year?!
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
4. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
A ship with a flag on it saying "Wendy is the worst troll of all time".
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea, what flagship phone: o wait, the L928 mid tier phone with highend price, and also classed as ®Catwalk®,,,, Lmfao, more like sumo wrestling phone. Huge, big, thick, wide, heavy™ 12mm isn't no catwalk, what is this, women in size 12, 14 doing catwalk, o please™
23. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And Wendy is a flagship, sailing a ship with a flag saying "Wendy is a SamDUNG fanboi". :P
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I believe the rumored 6-incher phablet will be reserved for this year end as the flagship, to go head on with Galaxy Note 3. After all, Nokia needs to wait for the GDR3 update to be able to slap in 1080p resolution. Personally in my opinion, this EOS has only 4.5 to 4.7' screen, it wont reach 5', hence there is no need to for 1080p resolution.
HTC (One series and Butterfly series) and Samsung both makes 2 flagships (S series and Note series) in a year. So, year end will be something like a giant competition, literally.
7. DerryAhmad (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 May 2012)
THE Lumia EOS wil be introduced in May 14. But I think it'll be available sometime in Q4. I'm hoping the sooner though.
I guess a new Flagship (with new Processor and Pureview Phase 3) might still be introduced in year end in conjunction with the release of Windows Blue.
8. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
The earliest will be Q3. It wont be available by Late June i believe. I just hope that Nokia decided to put in Snapdragon 800 and 2GB of RAM just to shut up the haters. SD 800 is the only Snapdragon processor that can handle that much pixels, unless Nokia use a lower powered processor and bundle in a dedicated image chip like what they did on the 808.
Battery? Go for a minimum of 2500mAh, It should provide average to decent battery life (given that i dont expect the screen to be 1080p, and it will be in AMOLED variant).
6. SIGPRO (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
EOS will kill all other cameraphones......oh wait what other cameraphone GS3? GS4? iphone??
Whahahah cant stop laughing, everyone knows Nokia builds the best Camera Phones!
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't think so... iPhone yes, but Galaxies? You must be dreaming...
13. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Waiting for that awesome moment when PA will ban you for trolling. :')
14. SIGPRO (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
i think you are caught in a bad dream, or maybe you need some glasses.....EPIC FAILURE....wendygarett
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
The closest other brands can come may be the rumored 20MP cybershot Sony Honami, but i dont think it can surpass the EOS - unless Sony proves to me that they dont repeat the mistake of "shows off how great the camera is" and ends up being underwhelming. Sony has not slapped in a spectacular camera into their phones since the Ericsson name is gone.
And for wendy, thanks for entertaining me with the funniest joke of the day.
12. Kurai (unregistered)
Yup it will kill all of the camera phones . . . but i don't like a huge boob at the back of my phone . .
15. SIGPRO (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Yes true about the boob, but i think they will fix that, because it looks nicer!
18. steelicon (Posts: 308; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
They should re-issue Nokia 808 PureView with quad core and 1Gb RAM.
20. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
EOS will be huge.
The 808 weighs 170g with a 4 inch screen, and thick as two galaxy s4 phones
30. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
least you 2 lover boys make each other laugh, but dont flirt on here theres a time and a place
maybe both of you hit the gym if 170g is heavy to you
24. papss (Posts: 3452; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Good thing phone tech doesn't get smaller thru the years.. Don't be mad.. You can buy that cheap junkie SS zoom
25. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia FTW (For The Win)
BlackBerry GW (Gonna Win)