x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
  • Options
    Close




Nokia E7 is now available in the US for a staggering $680 via Nokia's online store

0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2011, 09:50 posted on

Even though T-Mobile customers will soon be able to snag a reasonably priced Nokia Astound in order to experience Symbian^3, other consumers in the US can actually pick up ab E7, Nokia’s flagship smartphone...

This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here

posted on 05 Apr 2011, 12:20 2

1. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 788; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)


$680 is extremely over priced. The only selling points of this phone are the exceptional build quality, document editing, typical Nokia call quality and signal reception, 4" display, the slide out QWERTY, and if you're into it, Symbian. For the U.S. market, that's just not enough to warrant spending that much money. Phone needs to sit at $550-$575 max, with the N8 priced at $450. I understand that everything is priced high when it initially comes to the market, but I can't see that many people buying this up right now. I'll give it a month before they drop the price because they aren't selling any.

If the price comes down enough eventually, I might pick one up and rock the E7 as my phone, and keep my N8 in my pocket as my camera. I miss having a keyboard.

posted on 05 Apr 2011, 15:48

2. RichB (unregistered)


Intersting that you guys over the "pond" have this view about Nokia's being so expensive....the iPhone 4 in the UK is currently priced at £510 ($820) for the 16gb version and £612 ($985) for the 32gb.......expensive???

posted on 05 Apr 2011, 21:31 2

9. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 788; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)


This isn't the UK. 95% of the population here looks at the price in terms of a 2 year agreement. The other 5% of us (me included) understand that phones purchased unlocked can get pretty expensive. It's not that we have a view of Nokia being expensive, but we look at what you get for paying that much compared to something else unlocked.

The question for those people is; are you willing to shell out $700+ (tax + shipping) on a phone that is arguably not worth that cost based upon what you can get for less money?

The N8, which costs over $100 less only forgoes the brilliant keyboard and 4" display, and adds in the best camera on the market. That's just one example. Compared to a Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint, off contract, which is $499.99, the only thing you gain is superior build quality, and maybe a better keyboard. But all that for $200 more? No way.

It's not about being expensive. It's being expensive for what it offers (or doesn't).

posted on 05 Apr 2011, 16:42

3. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)


Network technology:

GSM:
850, 900, 1800, 1900
UMTS:
850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100

So does it run ON T-MO or ATT???

posted on 05 Apr 2011, 20:56

5. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)


Both.

posted on 05 Apr 2011, 21:16

8. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 788; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)


It's pentaband. It runs every GSM frequency across the world.

posted on 07 Apr 2011, 19:48

10. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)


thanks you two.

posted on 05 Apr 2011, 19:17

4. Abdel (unregistered)


Can you believe that paying $680 and the shipping is not even free. Wow Nokia great device but really this thing is overpriced.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories