Nokia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 get pushed out to Nokia Lumia users with Windows Phone 8
Changes include more features for business users, such as Office for Windows Phone. The update also opens up a third column of tiles, and the ability to have a custom background on the start screen. Apps can be saved to a microSD card, opening up native memory on your device. The Nokia camera will also be receiving some changes thanks to the Nokia Cyan update, including enhanced low-light capabilities on some models like the Nokia Lumia 1520 and the Nokia Lumia Icon; those two models will be able to employ Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound when shooting video. For Lumia owners, the Nokia Storyteller app will be available after the update is installed, allowing them to create a story with a video slideshow, that can be send to social media.
You will also find a new Action Center for notifications, and the Swype-like "Word Flow" for the QWERTY keyboard. IE 11 will save and remember passwords, and will also support HTML5 for YouTube playback. Earlier this year, we compiled a list of changes expected with the update. Nokia promised to send out the update to all Lumia handsets running Windows Phone 8, from the entry-level Nokia Lumia 520, to the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet.
The update will be rolling out OTA and if you don't get it immediately, be patient. You can also try to pull it out manually by going to Settings > Phone update. And let us know when you receive Nokia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 by leaving us a comment below.
1. meanestgenius (Posts: 3738; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Great! Can't wait to update my Lumia 925!
2. user996 (Posts: 204; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
check it again. it is already available for unlocked 925 worldwide
6. sip1995 (Posts: 1183; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Off course you have it, ur phone has preinstalled the latest version of Windows Phone......
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Here Nokia Lumia 930 for £362 with free Wireless charging plate, free wireless speaker and £20 voucher for apps and games from wp.
11. sip1995 (Posts: 1183; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Unfortunately I live in Greece, where the Nokia Lumia 930 costs €599 :(
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Unfortunately I live in USA, where the Nokia Lumia 930 is not available and if I buy from clove uk then lte will not work. :(
39. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
At&t customer....and I don't want to go in Verizon. And specially I want orange 930.
And many more disadvantages.
42. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Wait for the next L1020. That ought to be an awesome phone. Or maybe a WP flavored One M8.
17. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Really?... Woaaaahhhhhhhhhh!... How could that be??... Lol.
3. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
Im waiting for next lumia model especially 820 and 720 successors
12. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
If u saw , there is some pictures revealed 820 successor the 830 , but there is no pictures for 730 or 725 or any successor for 720 :/
16. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
but there will be 730 for sure , at least ,I hope
13. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Not yet for 928 , the 625 , 925 received the update three hours ago
43. Doakie (Posts: 1507; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Still nothing. This sucks. I think when it comes to OTA update roll outs they need to prioritize people who try to initiate a manual request for update. Obviously the people who are manually initiating it are more interested in having an up to date phone than some random user who couldn't care less when the update rolls out.
18. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The biggest news will be when my 1520, yes my specific 1520, gets the Cyan update... That's all that matter in technology right now.
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Nope!... Only this one right here.. Only mine, sorry...
As a matter of fact, my 1520 is the only one that will be getting the Cyan update, and all others will be recalled.... Did I say sorry?.... Oh. Oh, yes I did...
22. rjmlive (Posts: 54; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I was able to wait patiently while other people installed the developer preview. Now that they've announced the actual roll out, I can't hit refresh enough and yet I think I should be braced for a wait longer than I want.
25. moinkhan321 (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
What about lumia 525 when we will get the update
27. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
It has 1 GB of ram , so it is eligible right ?
33. SeanContra (Posts: 74; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Hehe, even the Lumia 520 is gonna get the Cyan update.
28. clodderes (Posts: 27; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Guess, I still need to wait, hopefully not for long, for my 920. I really have an issue with the cellular data make my phone hot. So, any browsing activities will drain my battery really quick. I hope, the firmware update can help ease the burden.
29. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1482; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I played with the DP, and it was nice.There are still a few of my apps I would like to see, and no Clash of Clans hurts, but the OS finally has started to close the gap with iOS and Android. Now all that remains is some good handsets to run it.
And before any of you for others attacks the handset comment, I just sold my 925 this weekend, and it was nice, but not new enough. The 1520 was okay, but way too big, and the 930/Icon is a compromise device. That phone should have been the 1520 in the Icon chassis, and there is no excuse for the newest WP flagship to be a step back from last year's 1520.
30. Liveitup (Posts: 1764; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Hopefully the new lockscreen is also included.
31. DerryAhmad (Posts: 248; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Patiently waiting for Lumia Cyan for my 1520. Owners of 925 and 625,please share your experience with the Cyan update.
32. Tips_y (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I'm here in Southeast Asia... both my phones, the 625 and the 925, have downloaded and installed Cyan just 30 minutes ago. They were already on DP WP8.1 so my phones just needed the Cyan update.
36. Donkorvleone (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Signed up as a developer to get the 8.1 preview and it didn't work as i always got the error code 7008000d :/ and now the full version is out and I still got the same problem :( anyone who can help?
37. moinkhan321 (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
Im from india i have 525??
and i got a mail on my microsoft account it say you will get the update on july31
its taking so much time, and i dont wanna download preview developers version
i can't wait..........
38. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 265; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
hey phonearena, status update on the update from Nokia:
choose your region, and check out the status
40. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nokia 1020 dev unlocked,carrier unlocked, still no update here ;(
41. smacsteve (Posts: 49; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I have been using the beta 8.1 for about 8 weeks and love it. I've received 3 updates I believe during that time and they just keep getting better. I'm curious if the final version is a update over my current version and if I'll have to do anything unique before I get the final release version?
44. leKoutei (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
I am in South India, the update is not yet available for the L920, although i have the developer already.
45. tkaissi (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jul 2014)
any one have been able to get the update on the ICON?