Nokia Chat for Lumia smartphones launched in beta form
0. phoneArena 25 Apr 2013, 06:30 posted on
Nokia Chat – an instant messaging application that has been available for a while on Asha, Symbian and even Series 40 based devices, is now making its Windows Phone 8 debut. Well, kind of. This Lumia-exclusive app is out in beta form for those early birds eager to give it a try...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I see what nokia is doing...building their own eco system around wp...maps, chat...whats next to come? Media center?
2. Red-Pain (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
and it's working...can't you see most wp8 fans would rather have a lumia than any other wp8-based phone...at least i do :D
9. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
working for plan B?
5. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Its not powered by yahoo it just supports yahoo messenger
6. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Nokia is getting ready for when Google buy What's app. That's good.
7. papss (unregistered)
Nokia just won't stop. They must have a very well rounded group of developers.
8. lsguntu (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
whats the advantage of this over whatsapp ? and why should i use it?
10. shreyasmhatre (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
This should support Google Talk too, if you want users to move from Android to WP8, if one moves he should be able to chat to his friends who are still using Android. Making exclusive platforms and exclusive chat apps will force users to stick to their existing platforms. All Google chat apps I have used in WP8 have some issues of delay.. If Nokia is supporting Yahoo, why not Google?