Nokia CFO: Next Lumia to be a 'hero' phone
0. phoneArena 03 May 2013, 09:09 posted on
We can't wait to see the next Lumia flagship phone, which will probably be the Lumia 928, and it looks like the same goes for Nokia. Speaking to analysts after the company's Q1 earnings call, Nokia's Chief Financial Officer, Timo Ihamuotila, has hinted that there's definitely a reason for us to be looking forward to the next high-end Lumia...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
43. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ok, Sony must be doing something wrong.
But what about my cousin's Galaxy S3, it lags too, I'm not kidding!
47. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Did he update to jellybean? If yes there is the reason, Samsung released a half baked update infested with bugs last year, he should try to update the phone to the latest build of jellybean Samsung made available.
50. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, he updated his S3 to Jelly Bean but not the latest, he said that he will update to the latest build later, he's always busy.
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
If it did it would use outdated midrange or last years Cpu and Gpu, so it would be like buying a highend Nokia device with midrange specs, but surely it will have the best camera™
36. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I agree, Android does have better features and it is far more intuitive. Just compare how long it takes to change the Wifi,bluetooth, etc settings. Also, you cannot customize Windows Phone very much - 3 sized tiles, limited colors, and you have to select a theme instead of individually changing each tile? It's too restrictive and not intuitive enough yet.
Also, haven't the last 2 Nokia devices been "Hero" phones. We've been saying the same thing for years now.
This all coming from someone who has owned and used a Lumia 900 for the past 13 months.
40. Aeires (unregistered)
Wish they would do both Android and WP.
52. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
just watch and see, in some year how Nokia and WP will........!!! right now they are fighting hard and they will success for sure.........!!!
53. Leo_MC (Posts: 1588; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Android phones are so bad that you want Nokia hardware to run Google's os?
56. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Go for HTC, Sony or Samsung and stop arguing.
64. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If you want a smooth phone get an intel powered one. It will fail at games but will be smooth and multitask like a champion.
70. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
better features? lol android is just costumizable! nothing special! besides even though its already at version 4.2 its still laggy as hell!!
a REAL awesome OS is that its optimize even to run on an ancient technology yet it is modern! symbian can do what android can! nokia just need to rewrite symbian!!
Meego is way better option than symbian and WP! but heck nokia just ditch it!
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
IDK. From everything that has leaked, the L928 seems like a warmed over L920. Almost like a L920S. I think the real 'hero' phone will be the one that includes the 41+ Mp PureView sensor. That one will most likely launch Fall, 2013 on AT&T.
3. juandante (Posts: 463; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Yes but the Microsoft’s OS bug rises again…
6. Jcdz100 (Posts: 16; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Nokia is definitely capable of doing something great in camera department.. But it's not everything, they need to strengthen other aspects too... Love to see competition..
7. dangchitrung (Posts: 88; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Ladies and Gentlemen
Today, we Nokia are honored to bring you a product that crushes every Iphone and Galaxy badly, CALLED---- "HAMMER"...
No, seriously, it is a hammer.
11. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
meh, still better than those two phones.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia will be the hero again! I'm waiting for your comeback Nokia!
Go Nokia Go! :)
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Please don't make me laugh my AO, nokia the hero....! More like a year or 2 behind that others. Surely a hero with those big heavy wide thick oversised phones, with hardly and apps and games. A hero in living nowhere™
28. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You think like that because you have small hands! :O
62. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
You think like that because you have small brain! :0
xperiaDROID, sorry for copying.
65. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Lol all the downvotes on this guy because he speaks the truth that you tards can't take.
15. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
If the leaked pics of the Lumia 928 are the real deal, then I don't see that being the hero. It's more Clark Kent than Superman.
29. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
@charming... What feature are you talking about on Android that's better? I'm sorry but customer satisfaction rate regarding WP and Nokia is pretty darn good. And Nokia already have features missing in Android.
30. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Troll and his BS .02$ is back! Welcome Troll! So what BS you got for us today? Nokia this Nokia that?
34. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
WP is the future! THE KING IS BACK!!!
35. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
WTF is a HERO phone? Are they just making words up to put in front of the word phone well i want the next gen BOSS phone!
37. ryq24 (Posts: 731; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nokia always make great phones but windows lack of apps is killing them! And also samsung's great marketing strategy is something nokia should really emulate!
54. Leo_MC (Posts: 1588; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
The lack of apps in Android didn't killed it; quite the contrary: it became no 1 selling platform.
Why do you think WP can't do the same considering it's app store is growing faster than the play store did a few years ago?!
58. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
It has much more to do than with apps, that is only one of the problems with it.