Nokia CEO Stephen Elop on PureView Phase 1 and 2: there is much more where that came from
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Sep 2012, 05:59
Be it the software processing algorithm, a scaled down pixel oversampling with less megapixels, or the best of both worlds, we can apparently expect aspects of the PureView tech to penetrate the whole Lumia range going forward...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:04 17 2
"On HTC, and its flashy 8X and 8S handsets, Nokia's CEO said he is glad that the company leads the way now in Windows Phone design, so that the others seem to be willing to copy the concept"
TAKE THAT!!! STEVE JOBS AND TIM COOK!!!
nobody will wanna follow your dated black and white trend anymore!!!
6. eisenbricher posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:18 14 0
Well save for Steve Jobs, he can't take it anymore Q__Q
9. neutralguy posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:31 13 0
hahaha at one point, you're an apple fan, and at another point, you're an apple hater. :D schizophrenic? :D
10. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:32 1 6
I will still stick to the black and white trend tho :)
20. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 26 Sep 2012, 08:42 2 2
good job Nokia. despite being an Android/google fan, Nokia has a special place in my heart. I really wish some day, may be, they can make a NEXUS. i know its very unlikely to happen but that will be a phone from heavens. NOKIA NEXUS
22. akmaintu posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:09 1 2
i too feels the same NOKIA NEXUS.
2. AliNSiddiqui posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:06 15 0
Oh god Phase 1 and Phase 2?!?!?!!? So it CAN GET BETTER?!? I am sorry for the CAPS LOCK I am just OVER-EXCITED!!
3. bobfreking55 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:13 6 0
phase 3 will be phase 1 + 2! i'm excited too. Imagine, Nokia Lumia 940 - 41MP sensor with all the features of the 808 and the 920... :p~
7. eisenbricher posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:24 2 0
Right, I expect something that's 'balanced'. Somewhat like 21Mpix pureview with optical image stabilization, Nokia rich recording and other incremental upgrades!!!
18. Bernoulli posted on 26 Sep 2012, 07:51 1 4
Yes of course it can get better, Nokia can finish the deal with Microsoft and finally open doors to Google and begin Android production; Nokia shares will skyrocket if that ever happened
12. askbingask posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:34 6 1
Nokia has more design
surprises in store for its upcoming WP8 pipeline.
13. nadar.bsm posted on 26 Sep 2012, 07:07 1 10
they must have better design for their phones... as the OS is going to be the same s**t on all the WP8 phones.....
I hate WP8 s**t tiles with no backgroung image... elop SUCKS....
19. Bluesky02 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 08:06 2 0
Microsoft makes the Windows Phone 8, they are responsible for the Tile and background. If you don't like Windows Phone, don't buy it. There is Android OS as another great alternative.
14. StanleyAmsterdam posted on 26 Sep 2012, 07:09 1 0
Nice interview, BUT why not ask him about the availability of the 920???
Missed oppurtunity... too bad
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 26 Sep 2012, 07:25 3 0
That's what i wrote some few articles back...
The power of 808+920 will be just amazing, a killer camera-phone!
But something tells me phase 3 will not be what we're thinking of...but who cares as long as Nokia keeps the innovation coming. Elop...Nokia is in your hands, don't get Stephen on the company.
21. boblight posted on 26 Sep 2012, 09:45 0 0
LOLOLOL! I agree with you on the Phase 3 part. like the bit where : 'Elop...Nokia is in your hands, don't get Stephen on the company" :)
24. Nathan_ingx posted on 26 Sep 2012, 12:09 0 0
Just to lighten the mood...a li'le humour for everyone :)
17. silentee posted on 26 Sep 2012, 07:50 0 1
All I could focus on on was the girl in the back taking notes has great nips!!!!
25. denied911 (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 16:26 0 0
this thing with tomahawk is so ugly ...
26. nokiafan4ever posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:01 0 0
What i like to see in the upcoming lumias would be, more premium materials like aluminium ,like what they used on the n8 but refined