Nokia Bandit phablet to be called Nokia Lumia 1520
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 02:03 posted on
After getting first solid rumors on Nokia’s upcoming 10.1-inch tablet, the Nokia Sirius, today information surfaces about Nokia’s 6-inch phablet, the Nokia Bandit…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sri_tech (Posts: 184; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I think it is to differentiate the phablets from normal phones. Its a good decision in my opinion.
900 => Flagship with normal size.
1000 => EOS flagship.
1500 => Phablet.
By releasing 3 different flagship products they will be in the limelight throughout the year.
36. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
It might also indicate the projected sales numbers...
44. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd prefer the phablet be closer to the others in number, e.g. Lumia 1100-series, although there were some 1100s previously that were budget models, as I recall. That way the phablet could be Lumia 1100, 7-8" RT tablets 1200, 10"+ RT tablets 1300, 7-8" Win8 tablets 1400, and 10"+ Windows 8 Pro tablets 1500. Not sure if Lumia should be applied to the actual tablets though, maybe another name or continue the Booklet name
47. akki20892 (Posts: 2686; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this is the one the best phone from nokia for damn sure..........hope we will see New WP version (like a Win8) in this phablet......!!!
55. bwhiting (Posts: 146; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
that seems like it would be the case with the future of mobile devices coming out now
3. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
man those tiles look awesome on that huge screen
46. akki20892 (Posts: 2686; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
so u r using lumia 1520 right now.....lol
4. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I don't like this trend where phones are getting bigger and bigger. :(
I prefer a 720p, 3.7-4.0 inch display. That should be more than enough for me.
11. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Honestly speaking, my hands are not big enough. Agree. But I don't understand how that made me sound boring. Even I love all the Lumia high-ends. Its just this 6 inch phone that made me worry if it was a little too big. (Just my personal feeling again!)
13. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 948; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Some might possibly be in agreement with you about larger smartphones being less appealing. However, Samsung has proven there is a definite market for Phablets, and Nokia will be wise to try and capture some of that for themselves. This machine sounds great to me, and I can hardly wait for it to hit the streets...
14. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Well thats why there is already smaller lumia's , but as mentioned, a phablet is what the people want :-)
16. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Yeah. This sound fair. But I don't want to compromise on having a smaller processor or RAM, though. Hope they'll strike a perfect balance in size & specs for guys like me. :)
20. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 346; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Yeah,Nokia lumia 1520 with snapdragon 800 cpu,2gb ram & Windows 8 pro will beat the Note 2 & also Note 3
10. lapatossu (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
720p upgraded Lumia 620 would be perfect, but I think there is also a high demand for phablets.
12. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Yeah. But do they have to have that 6 inch screen? 5-5.5" is not good for a phablet? (seriously this is not to offend any phablet lovers here. Just asking!)
15. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I have the LG G pro. 5'5 screen isnt enough,,. Windows 8 will look beautiful on a 6" screen..
33. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
iboy? You serious? I've never used an apple product in my whole life. Personally, I don't have anything against samsung or apple. But I love Nokia for some reason. Maybe its because I'm from India and I grew along having Nokia phones. So, that comment up there shows the concern I have for my favorite OEM and my own personal opinion about large screens. I was in no way dissing Nokia or any other company here. Just learn to show some respect.
34. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 74; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
whooooo calm down pal...... i'm a huge nokia fan too!!!!!!!!!!! but when u were talking about smaller screens i thought you were an iboy. i'm from sri lanka dude. and like u , i too grew up with nokia. so i guess we r on the same boat. no hard feelings. and for u to know i didnt type this loooooooooong comment because i'm afraid of u....... COOL!
35. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I never wanted you to be afraid of me. Lol.. Anyway, neighbouring country.. Similar tastes.. Great to know.. Cheers.. :)
40. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Good thing there's the 520, 620, and 720 then.
45. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
If 1520 = flagship, then maybe 1420, 1320, & 1220 will be mini versions of 1520. All I'm wishing for is, they shouldn't downgrade the specs too much (like Sony Honami).
5. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 948; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Nokia is clearly stepping it up in all the right directions: this phablet sounds awesome, and will undoubtably have Nokia's amazing Pureview camera technology, in addition to a powerful CPU and GPU, as well as a 1080P display to boot...
Samsung and Apple had better move over - Nokia is back!!!
23. rd_nest (Posts: 606; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
"Samsung and Apple had better move over..."
Really? is that the best you could do? Do you think these companies are your local small companies? Just look at their profits before you start commenting.
27. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
they had the biggest market share but if you really want to check the profit, Nokia did have the biggest gains recently as well as in market growth....did you actually check that first before commenting?
48. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 948; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Nokia owned the cellphone and smartphone market before, but got lazy. That's why Samsung and Apple took over their top spot. Now it's the reverse, with Nokia showing greater innovation and ambition than those two big tech companies. Also, you should never count Microsoft out of the equation...
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Take my money now!!! *thowing money at my screen*
21. tigermcm (Posts: 607; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
even though I dont want this my lady does so I already threw my wallet at the screen lol
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2103; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow, look at those tiles, looking cool on a bigger screen. Nokia is coming very strongly and their low end phones are setting a trend favor for WP.
41. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That's an old photoshop job, but yes, it does look good.
17. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
lumia 625 with hd display, 2gb ram and with a 2500mah removable battery(same dimensions), i'll be resting in peace with that, haha!
28. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
well, it ain't on android....you could now rest in peace....
19. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
ps. s6 or s8 snappy with 320 adreno, BOOM!!! haha
24. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Any idea of what screen tech, will use? SLCD3,AMOLED, or OLED? ;-)
25. NazmiVDW (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Still waiting for the Lumia 1020 to hit Malaysia... *sigh*
26. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Just cant wait for this beast.. Would definitely upgrade from my Lumia 720 when it comes out ;) . Bring it on Nokia... We love you
29. frydaexiii (Posts: 1157; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
That...has got to be one of the ugliest mobile interfaces I have ever seen on a mobile device. Yes, and I saw iOS7 on an iPad. WP8 already looks terrible enough on a regular screen, now it just looks like an uneven checkers board
42. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That's not an actual picture, it's a photoshop from a few months ago.
31. fanboy1974 (Posts: 998; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This is the first time that I can say that I was excited to see a WP phone since the touch pro 2 came out. Nokia must release on all carriers for this to be successful. None of this exclusive crap.
37. hkindle (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 May 2013)
I would have bought this if it had come out 6 months ago. Anyone want to buy my Galaxy Note 2? But, I bet it will have an exclusive with AT&T or something horrible like that.
49. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 948; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
There were no phablets on the market with Snapdragon 800's six months ago...
39. maverick786us (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Whats a magnificant piece of gadget. Hope Nokia do not screw it by placing mini USB on top
43. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Why would they use mini USB when MicroUSB is the international standard they've been using for years?
58. maverick786us (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Thats what I mean. I hope they don't place that micro USB on top
57. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
You must be the guy who came with the "21 sec Pureview teaser = 21 MP camera on Lumia 920" - concept, right? Lol.. anyways, that was pretty creative!
51. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
I wish that the Clock Tile hub on HTC is available all across WinPho8 devices. :( Thats why I got my HTC8x. I love it but I was leaning towards 920 as well but because of the Clock tile i got HTC.
53. cdgoin (Posts: 355; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Hmm.. that would be nice.. surprised no one ported it yet.
52. Phonefanfone (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Would it be as good as Lumia 1020?
Read some Cosmoteched thing saying, Lumia 1020 is smashing the iPhone.
Can Lumia do that with this phablet?
54. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nokia lumia 1520 with a 6 inch 1080p screen and SD 800/20mp camera and gorgeous build. I just hope the battery is big enough too, and it's scary to think this is only the first phablet from Nokia where 2 more versions with a 41mp sensor will be unveiled also. Awesome camera and size = win!
59. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And NOKIA cut to JUNK by Moody ...
60. carolw (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Sep 2013)
Hey when is the Nokia lumia 1520 coming out this yrs or next yrs 2014? This is the one I'm waiting 4. Do anybody know?