Nokia Asha line to get hot games like Temple Run 2?
At a developers boot camp held for Nokia Asha Series 40 phones, entrance to the event required an ID "badge". One developer at the event, Shintu Dang, noticed that the badge showed an illustration of the Nokia Asha 311 with the logos of a number of hot games coming from the screen, suggesting that the phone will run these games. The logos were from Temple Run 2, Angry Birds Rio, Fruit Ninja and other top games.
This is speculation at the moment. Still, why would Nokia used the logos of some of the top games specifically on an Asha Series 40 phone if those particular games are not going to be made available to run on the device? This was not a retail or sales oriented event, so there would be no financial reason for Nokia to have done this. For those sporting at least some of the Nokia Asha phones, it looks like you will have some serious game play ahead of you.
source: Gadgetnmore via Softpedia
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh wow! Cool!
But I hope the Asha doesn't lag while playing it!
But still, COOL! :)
15. akki20892 (Posts: 3623; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it will not maybe because they will make different version of tample run, that can run on lower ram and lower processor.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even though it doesn't lag, but the graphics will be.............
(You know what I mean, right?) :)
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3623; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
graphic will looks same but not HD like smartphone have.
2. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
But i think the graphics would be clunky.
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3623; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this tample run will be little different version, that can run on lower ram and processor.
8. SpectatorS (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I don't think that it will be an official game from the devs, maybe some clones java games like in nowadays chinese feature phones?
but it's nokia! they won't slap some poorly designed chinese cloned games to their feature phones, right?
9. henrys (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
this is crazy, there is talk of asha phones getting temple run two yet windows phone just got the original
10. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Thats amazing! I am still waiting to see how Nokia Symbian with 128mb ram will be able to run temple run 2 where the Windows phone with 512mb is still unable to run it. Even some of the android phone with 512mb ram lags. Some of phones.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, the Asha is running Series 40, not Symbian. Series 40 is not Symbian. :)
12. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
True, but the foundation is still Symbian.
But that's not the point here. The Asha's got a capable processor but the RAM doesn't go well with it. What Bittertruth means is, it's even hard for some phone that has 512MB RAM to run Temple Run, and how will this phone, with a bleak RAM of 128MB, be able to run the game smoothly? I don't know if it has some GPU or not (but i'm guessing 'no' is the answer).
What my guess is that the games will be a 'toned' down version of the original. Like NFS or Asphalt...
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even though using the Asha to play Temple Run 2 doesn't lag, but the graphics will be horrible!
'Toned' down version, I'm excited to see how it peforms! lol
19. steelicon (Posts: 313; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
It is like saying Windows Mobile 6.5, Windows Phone 7.X and Windows Phone 8 are just one and the same.
IT IS NOT.
Series 40 is a dumbphone / featurephone OS. Symbian is a smartphone OS.
Not to be confused with S60, the platform built on Symbian OS.
23. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Never said they're the same.
I said foundation, it started with Symbian.
18. cezarepc (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Temple Run = Serious Game Play?
Yeah it's good but come on man.
25. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Chill man. It's CASUAL game. Want serious gaming? might as well look into the 1st person shooter RPG games and stuffs...
26. cezarepc (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
"Serious Game Play" came from the words of the author of the article.
20. Mr..J (Posts: 17; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
asha phones have pinch to zoom even on resistive touch screen
22. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 152; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
They can't do this without proper hardware. Sure the 311 has a 1GHZ and 128 RAM that should be enough for Fruit Ninja, but what about its other touchscreen siblings with 32MB of RAM?
I have a feeling that those leaked Asha models will have an updated hardware framework to allow support for those games, though I also feel the old Ashas will be left behind. :(
24. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
No This time IT WILL NOT BE some cheap Java crap, Imangi studios be making. Bear in mind that Phones from the Asha Series have a Single Core 1GHZ processor ticking in every single one of them - Just smooth enough to run Temple Run 2 (LG Optimus L5 with a Single Core 800mhz Runs it fairly smooth, with choppiness and lags here and there). Bet Asha users'll be anticipating this!