Nokia Asha 502 and 503 specs leaked: 3G and hit apps arrive to the series
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2013, 05:25 posted on
503 is to be the best connected Asha of them all, with 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0 radios, plus a dual SIM version. Moreover, the Asha 503 and 502 fit in 102.55 mm x 60.55 x 11.5 mm bodies with about112g of weight, and feature this funky dual-shot body design we already showed you. The Nokia Asha 502 is supposed to come in 6 candy colors - black, white, yellow, red, green, and blue - so we'd assume the same for the Asha 503, too. The handsets are supposed to come for about $110 and below, which would be pretty decent for the best-equipped Ashas out there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. fouadqr (Posts: 288; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
It's 3.2" not 6" !!!! So 240X320 is good enough
4. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
nah............ at least 360x640 @ 229 ppi... is good
18. timukh (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
people who buy feature phones dont care if a screen is 229ppi or 119ppi! No everyone can afford a smartphone in the world and also not everyone are geeks.
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1400; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
do you like wp? or are you a Microsoft fanboy? check ithttp://www.slashgear.com/micro
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Minimum resolution should at least be 480x640, else no buy Nokia. The DPI on Nokia 501 already looks horrible and blocky as it is. I don't know why Nokia is such a sucker in these department. I do understand this is sorta high end feature phone, but the lower resolution is seriously a killer.
29. Neutral (Posts: 30; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
Not everyone knows and cares about resolution
6. slaggyb (Posts: 189; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
240x320 is so archaic on a 3.2inches screen. Blackberry bold 9700 and 9780 @ 2.4 inches had a 480x360 resolution and the 9900@ 2.8inches had 480x600. Comeon Nokia that's an obsolete resolution for a phone that will cost a 110bucks.
8. slaggyb (Posts: 189; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I meant to say 640x480 on the 9900. Nokia 240x320 is so N95. Even the N95 atleast had a 2.6inches which gets a 154ppi
26. StreetNerd (Posts: 700; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
this is a feature fone what else u expect? posting comments like this makes u just looking stupid
9. papss (unregistered)
One of the best designed feature phones out there imo.. The screen could use a bump in resolution but it seems they will have a hit with this phone.
10. tadaa (Posts: 236; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
i thought MS was also getting the asha range?
16. Razrman (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If Nokia is keeping the Asha series is a good thing, here is to hope Nokia comes with something awesome in the future since MS is acquiring the smartphone business.
20. tadaa (Posts: 236; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
microsoft is also buying the asha range
11. aayupanday (Posts: 514; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
My 4 year old Nokia 5233 has better resolution (i.e., 640x360) in its 3.2" screen
15. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Dirt-cheap phones for poor souls out there. It has to be cheap, around $50 with these hardware specs.
19. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Oh my, I finally found the most ridiculous and idiotic person commenting in this whole site!!!!
Because you can't afford a smartphone you're a poor soul??? Honey, bad news for you, you are the poor soul... apparently the poorest out there...
24. dratomic (Posts: 458; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
my brother has about 40 million $ in his bank account and he uses a nokia 1200. I think your logic for life is unrealistic.
17. iced_heroine (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
this will be a hit here in asia..
many of whom cant afford a smartphone with a price range of $200 up.. so this will definitely fit in.. besides.. here in the Philippines, we usually have atleast 2 phones. one is for business/gf/wife or what we simply call "LEGAL PHONE" and anorther phone for our EXTRA ACYIVITIES.. ^^, where in we keep this phone as a secret to our gf or wife.. and as much as posible, we want it tiny.. easy to hide phone!! ^^,
22. jsdechavez (Posts: 701; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree kabayan. I've been seeing these new Asha 501's around and they're very eye-catching. The in-box earphones match the phones color.
21. freebee269 (Posts: 519; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
the article is wrong. it says nokia will keep the asha line. but nokia themselves says they wont. this comes from nokia's website:
"Microsoft will purchase the license to use the Nokia brand on mobile phones for ten years. It will also buy the ‘Lumia’ and ‘Asha’ brands.
On smartphones, we’ll be seeking to create a unified brand across Lumia and Windows. But we understand that the Asha and feature phone range will carry on the ‘Nokia’ branding."
23. yowanvista (Posts: 299; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
All still zero multitasking, no wonder why Nokia is failing so hard right now.
28. johnhelix (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
when will this device release in the philippines?????? pls give me an info phonearena..