Nokia 808 PureView takes to Iceland to shoot some amazing scenery and the Earth from above (video)
0. phoneArena posted on 11 May 2012, 08:18
The latest Nokia 808 PureView promo video takes it to frozen Iceland to shoot some breathtaking scenery with it, and the video was, as usual, entirely made with the PureView technology on the phone. The clip explores the team's efforts to cross some rugged terrain, and then shoot the Nokia 808 PureView up with a balloon to take some footage of the Earth from above...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Bangthering_007 posted on 11 May 2012, 09:07 12 0
The low light performance of that camera is really stellar!!
3. LordOfTroll (banned) posted on 11 May 2012, 09:13 18 3
Now that's innovation and unlike Samsung that goes wherever Apple is moving
4. GALAXY-S posted on 11 May 2012, 09:18 4 9
yea right... samsung is way ahead of apple..
nice camara on an ugly a$$ phone and OS, not a good combo
7. dickwyn posted on 11 May 2012, 09:33 9 4
samsung is ahead of apple hahaha what a joke. they sold more iphones last quarter than the s2 in its whole life. i presume that u are using a samsung phone
11. GALAXY-S posted on 11 May 2012, 13:11 4 2
Whos said anything about sales????
samsung has been way ahead since SG2 technology wise..
who cares about outaded iphones anyways?
16. iluvtrolling (banned) posted on 11 May 2012, 13:19 4 0
Technology wise? lol,
What is the screen PPI of Galaxy S2? 200++ VS iPhone 324
What is the screen of Galaxy S2? Pentile, VS Full RGB matrix
Is the Galaxy S2 laggy? Yes.
Is the Galaxy S2 fragmentated? Yes.
Is the Galaxy S2 made of cheap plastic? Yes.
12. iluvtrolling (banned) posted on 11 May 2012, 13:14 1 3
haha yeah, even his name has "galaxy" into it. What a sheep.
15. GALAXY-S posted on 11 May 2012, 13:19 4 1
and you must be an i$heep right.. usually when the name "troll" is there it means your up apples a**
14. GALAXY-S posted on 11 May 2012, 13:17 1 3
oh yea i actually use an htc amaze, jus waiting on SGS3
25. Altair posted on 13 May 2012, 04:22 0 0
Useless Android troll, go away plz.
Sammy is nothing but a copycat. S1 and S2 were just copies of iPhone 4, with minor cosmetic changes, wrapped in plastic.
Then S3 came in and it is clearly designed by not a design team, but lawsuit people.
Now plz, sneak back to your dark closet with your plastic crap.
5. avinashmunnu posted on 11 May 2012, 09:25 13 0
this is called ground breaking technology... wow just wow... amazing nokia... i hate nokia... first time im impressed with their technology...
6. -box- posted on 11 May 2012, 09:31 13 0
it's getting difficult waiting for this beast to go on sale!
20. Jonathan41 posted on 11 May 2012, 16:47 1 0
RIGHT! An inspirational ad for inspirational camera phone.
10. Evil_SaNz posted on 11 May 2012, 11:14 0 4
Yeah a Canon reflex camera sucks...take this deformed phone instead. People are forgiving what are phones made for. Really you'd go in iceland and pick this one instead a professional camera (if you really care about photo quality)...World of gimmick™
13. iluvtrolling (banned) posted on 11 May 2012, 13:15 4 1
You forgot about the fact that this phone will be sold at 500 USD while a Canon DSLR with just 20mp camera at most will already be at over 2000 USD.
Compare the quality? PV808 wins.
18. Penny posted on 11 May 2012, 13:34 1 2
I'm sorry iluvtrolling, but your statement implies that you have never used a decent DSLR in your life.
I am a fan of photography, and I love the 808 PureView for what it brings to mobile camera tech, but it's not meant for the same purposes as a DSLR. We're getting closer to being able to compare the quality of mobile tech with DSLR's, but we're not there yet. And, truth be told, as mobile camera tech continues to get better, so will dedicated camera's.
Either way, try playing with a camera like mine (Canon 5D Mark II) before making your statement.
23. Stoli89 posted on 12 May 2012, 15:31 0 0
The fact that this phone can easily replace any digital compact and even most mirrorless phones on the market should be reason enough to state that it presents groundbreaking technology. Just becasue it cannot defy the laws of physics and dethrone a decent DSLR doesn't mean it isn't worthy of appreciation from camera enthusiasts.
24. Penny posted on 12 May 2012, 16:42 0 0
I 100% agree Stoli89.
As I said, I love the 808 PureView and what it brings to mobile camera tech. I was simply responding to Comment #13, in which the person stated that 808 beats $2,000 DSLRs. This argument can certainly be made when comparing value, but not image quality, not yet.
26. Altair posted on 13 May 2012, 04:38 0 0
You just don't get it, do you? Everyone are carrying a phone in a pocket. 1% of people are walking around with a huge camera/video around.
Jack: "OMG! look theres a lion over there chasing antilope! Damn I don't have my 3kg Canon XX with me right now..."
Alex: "Np, I've got my PV808. I'll take care of this momentum and show it in facebook!"
17. ahmedra2ol posted on 11 May 2012, 13:27 4 1
the Last Scene is Just OMG shut up and Take My f**kin Moneyy :P LOOOOOOL
21. xtian1103 posted on 11 May 2012, 19:43 0 0
the place i believe is more of greenland than iceland!
22. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 12 May 2012, 09:04 1 0
I will take one pureview, and the blond chick..ty