Nokia 808 PureView arrives in India with its 41MP camera and a 33,893 Rupee price tag
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2012, 18:59 posted on
Outside of the 41MP camera on the back of the Nokia 808 PreView, the device has specs that won't make up stand up and salute; the device is now being launched in India where Symbian Belle isn't a four letter word, for the equivalent of $600 USD...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. steelicon (Posts: 317; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Nokia 808 PureView RM-807 @ PHP 24,900.00
Why did Nokia Philippines via Nokia Singapore via Nokia, Inc., limit the shipment of Nokia 808 PureView RM-807 to only 50 units when there are 55 Nokia Concept Stores, 2,990 Official Nokia Dealerships in the Philippines.
Yes, that is right, 50 units only of Nokia 808 PureView RM-807 arrived Monday morning, 11 June 2012. By Wednesday night, 13 June 2012, all stocks are sold out.
As you know there are lots of gray and black market Nokia phones coming from every market.
These DO NOT PAY Philippine taxes, and as such your actions by not bringing in more legit units may be frowned upon by the Government as unsound practices.
This is not good for your Nokia Concept Stores, your Official Nokia Dealerships in the Philippines as well as for Nokia, Inc.,
I just wanted the whole world and you to know.
Thank you for your continued and unwavering support!
Long live Nokia!
5. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
nokia-808-pureview-now-available.htmlMalaysia is selling it for RM 1899
2. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
What the hell its mean this crap is competiting with samsung galaxy s3 and htc one x in terms of price,its will b better to buy a dslr:@:@:@
13. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
What's so strange about it ? Basicly it offers almost everything SGS3 or HTC1X does. And some features on top of that, like FM transmitter, free offline navigation, much better battery performance, much better audio/video recording and stills.
18. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
if it was a windows with that cam and price it was justifiable
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Actually, Symbian Belle is more functional than WP. It offers similar functions as Android but is nowhere as good and polished and its ecosystem sucks!
20. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Agreed... I would still choose Symbian Over current WP 7.5
3. Planterz (Posts: 2071; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Somebody really needs to tell the Finnish the OTHER definition of "symbian".
4. VJo003 (Posts: 357; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
That's probably the most expensive Nokia device ever in India.
Good example if poor pricing... I bet the price will see a 25% correction in less than 2 quarters.
Good luck Nokia... U need it !!!
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
For that kind of price....a low end dslr will do the job
14. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Ofcourse. But only if u're able to put that DSLR in your pocket, and there will still be room for another smartphone.
7. androidaddict (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
for all the haters talking about DSLRs... just one thing to say, u can't carry a DSLR in your pocket...
17. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
its not about hate its not about only this phone...Nokia is like a legend but its becoming a history now whereas it does exist in the market still....they cant compete with samsung htc,apple,sony with a 808 pureview.
8. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
It's amazing how people complain about things. If you don't like it shut up and let others enjoy. Hope it's not call S-View next month.
9. sammy_saw (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Jan 2012)
Dose a cellphone need a 41 MP in the camera ? It's look like a overkill . What you think guy? Coz for me 12 MP in the camera phone is enough for me and I think nobody will take a picture from a phone to make it to a billboard .
11. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Well you have to read a little about PureView and why there are 41Mpx... the software behind the sensor is the key, not the number of pixels ;)
15. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
That would require the person to read...I think you're giving sammy_saw too much credit.
12. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
read white papers and interview with Damian D. You'll get the picture.
10. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I think keeping it under 30K in India would have been a wise move but none the less there will a price correction sooner or later.
Waiting for Pureview on WP Lumia series.
16. kanagadeepan (Posts: 922; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
The pricing is the trap set by Tr0jan H0rse... That sh!t El0p doesn't want PureviewOtherThanWP to sell more than PureViewWP....
Whether that sh!t El0p has guts to launch the PureView-WP as same price as PureView808????