Nokia 603 is now official: Symbian Belle for the masses
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Oct 2011, 03:08
The Nokia 603 has arrived officially today and it packs quite a punch given the very affordable price tag it carries. Of course, it comes with Symbian Belle…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. toottoot (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 03:54 3 0
a decent device
2. arun4170 (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 05:16 0 1
no front facing camera .......................noooooooooooooooooooo.......................
4. XiphiasGladius posted on 13 Oct 2011, 07:09 1 0
correct me if I'm wrong but if I may recall symbian has some issues with skype implementaion, thus no front facing camera . . .
5. bluechrism posted on 13 Oct 2011, 08:39 0 0
These issues are totally separate. No need for skype for video calls, though yes, it's annoying that Symbian's version of skype doesn't support this. In other areas of the world, all you need is 3G to make video calls, just some networks (including all of them in the US) don't let you use that functionality.
It's probably missing to keep costs down, and to be fair, front facing cameras are probably not among the most frequently used feature on a phone.
8. box (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 10:37 0 0
If you want a front facing camera, get a C7, and wait for the Belle release. You also get an 8MP camera instead of 5
6. RockyJ (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 08:52 0 0
Fixed-focus AGAIN??? No led flash and secondary camera? The phone design is no different from Symbian Belle phone. Maybe it's time for Nokia to think about their designers and engineers...no good idea at all.
9. Phillippe (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 10:51 0 1
Your attempts to reign down on Nokia are futile!
10. Phillippe (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 10:52 0 0
read it with Stewie Griffin in mind
11. GorrilaTango (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 15:18 1 0
at that price the phone is a steal
12. Alex (unregistered) posted on 14 Oct 2011, 10:14 1 0
Will buy this :)