Nokia 515 is a Series 40 powered handset made with aluminum
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 14:29 posted on
The Nokia 515 has been introduced by the Finnish based manufacturer; powered by Series 40, the phone is made of sturdy anodized aluminum and features a 2.4 inch QVGA LCD display made with Gorilla Glass 2. The keypad is produced using a polycarbonate resin. The Nokia 515 sports a 5MP snapper with an LED flash, 256MB of native storage and and 32GB capacity microSD slot...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
What a design.. Just love it.. Aluminium body too.. Will get it as my secondary phone :)
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3474; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
u just like me dude, forget about article looking phone first........so gorgeous like a stunning..!!!
32. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
So clever Nokia. They made it from aluminum to cut down the production price.
15. akki20892 (Posts: 3474; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
dad is proud because son is coming with personalities.
4. haseebzahid (Posts: 1828; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Oh! my God that is flagship for low end phone hope they think about adding 8mp camera in one model a year on S40s atlest
5. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Almost looks as if Nokia is having some fun. Making a premium feature phone, with better build quality than some of the premium smartphones by the competitors. Anodized aluminum, Gorilla glass 2 and polycarbonate resin keypad. Amaziing.
6. MistB (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Release this baby in the UK, why can't all low ends be like Nokia?
7. andrexx24 (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Meh! I'd just put $50 dollars more and get the $199 USD google nexus 4 8gig, better deal.
8. jacobspeeds (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
You mean $100 more! The nexus 4 is amazing!
11. Shatter (Posts: 2025; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its $50 more for the 8gb. Also it only has 900/2100 HSDPA so sorry everyone in the US.
18. papss (unregistered)
I'd rather have this than something with android on it,. No thanks I think this phone will do just fine.
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3474; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sometimes u get fun in feature phones that u don't get on smartphone.
9. user996 (Posts: 183; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
once again Nokia amazes audience. love that design
10. Shatter (Posts: 2025; Member since: 29 May 2013)
$150 for that POS? A nexus 4 cost $50 more and if your super cheap a lg optimus l9 is the same price and still 10x better.
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3546; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, and the data plan to run it also cost more... Didn't you read❔... FEATURE PHONE❕
13. Mercenary (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Nice..but I think that you can get lumia 520 with that price..if I'm not wrong.
26. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
True, but not everyone wants/needs a smartphone, and this is quite nice, which may be just what someone wants. This will likely be sold in places the 520 isn't in addition to their shared markets.
16. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
You can get a great Chinese android for that price...
What would you need HSDPA on S40 for? Facebook app? Browsing on this tiny screen?
19. papss (unregistered)
You lost me at great and Chinese... Sorry I disagree.. If I can help it I'm not supporting what they design and produce made by some child in a factory.
29. boosook (Posts: 1009; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
A Huawey Y300, for example... an entry level yet complete smartphone with Jelly Bean that would blow this phone away, even if you just use the basic functions, for ease of use, camera quality and so on, and which, by the way, has a pretty decent design, besides letting you install any android app you might need, even if it's just the basic tasks like looking at google maps when you're lost or searching for that restaurant phone number.
17. uchihakurtz (Posts: 242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Looks really cool, I hope it has WiFi and an outstanding battery life.
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3546; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Microsoft and Nokia should just make a stripped down version of WP for Nokia's feature phones.. This would expand Windowsphone's market share exponentially, and very fast.... Developers would be interested in the amount if potential money they could make on a platform that would dwarf iOS, and possibly Android..
22. veer.d (Posts: 85; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
no one can do this because MSFT charge a licence fee which is equivalent to cost of a feature phone
23. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3546; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Microsoft, and Nokia, have a thing going on if you haven't recognized yet...
25. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Yeah Microsoft & Nokia should develop a WP lite and price it like the Asha phones. This would increase Microsoft share of the phone market and Nokia share of the smartphone market.
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2661; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
What a cool lovely phone this is!!!
28. boosook (Posts: 1009; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Good phone... for those still living in the 90s! :)
31. MiloSaw (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
Woow what a design,what a style..Nokia please-please make it also qwerty. Great job
33. alejandrodejan (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
Finally found the phone to give to my dad on his birthday. This is perfect for him since he doesn't like touch phones! Nokia always finds a way! :)