Nokia 500 is now official; runs Symbian Anna and ticks at 1GHz
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Aug 2011, 05:49
Remember those photos from not long ago that allegedly represented a leaked Nokia roadmap? The images shed some light on a quartet of mid-range, Symbian-powered Nokia smartphones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 06:21 5
I will NOT buy this phone!
17. Fact (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 05:35 0
Don't cry, just don't buy.
18. Economy (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 23:35 0
If you want to avoid a European recession buy Nokia phones.
2. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 07:07 2
In commercial video we can see: "The smartphone that gives you more"
3. shinu (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 07:22 1
s**tty combinations by nokia 1ghz processor with bad camera.good camera with bad processor(n8).good bi nokia.elop u can do that 'kill nokia'.
5. CLINTONW25 posted on 01 Aug 2011, 09:20 1
i'm a very big nokia fan but this trash ass phone will not fly. u just cant show off the nokia n9 and then pull this stunt...smh
6. Don't waste money (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 11:34 0
Don't waste money buying rubbish back to home!!!
8. James Kelly (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:34 0
what a joke of a device. When I saw "1GHz" I though "Oh, cool. That's new for a Nokia Symbian device." and then I saw "comparable to a 400MHz modern day processor." Uh, yeah, throw it in the f**king bin please.
9. marc (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:30 0
this is a f**king entry level phone for f**k shakes what do you expect to get when you buy a phone for $200? 1gig ram? 8mp camera?dual core cpu? for 200$? get a f**king life idiots this is for people who cant afford better smartphones! go check what glorious specs you get on a $200 android phone. and IPHONEARENA get you f**king facts right. If this 1ghz arm11 cpu is comparable to a 400 Mhz cpu then tell me what a 680Mhz arm11 cpu (Nokia N8) is comparable with? 200Mhz? on the N8? go f**k yourselfs!
10. J4M35 (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 17:06 0
LOL grow up and shut up. The Wildfire S is an entry level phone, but it's a hell of a lot better than this piece of crap.
11. marc (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 04:01 0
tell me how much different is the wildfire s to the wildwire which is totally crap
12. JamesK (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 16:52 0
For one, it runs the latest version of Android, which wipes the floor with unintuitive Symbian. It has a modern day processor that is more powerful than the Nokia 500's (600Mhz Snapdragon), double the RAM (512mb), a camera with flash and autofocus - both of which the Nokia 500 lacks. It has a metal body and compact design (the Nokia 500 is all plastic), an improved display over the first Wildfire, and access to hundreds of thousands of apps. Yeah, it pretty much is better than this piece of crap.
13. ARKIN (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 19:38 0
THE WESTERN WORLD CANT APPRECIATE NOKIA BECAUSE THEY LOVE STEVE JOBS AND ANDROID
BUT FOR THE 75% OF THE WORLD WE NEED SMARTPHONE WITH LOWER PRICE
SMARTPHONE IS A PHONE AND THE ONE MAIN PURPOSE OF IT IS TO COMMUNICATE "TO CONNECTING PEOPLE" IN THE REAL WORLD NOT IN THE APPS
14. markyhuan posted on 02 Aug 2011, 19:58 1
i love nokia whatever the western country say
the whole world need a smartphone in a lower price
we dont need a phone with a pricetag i need a phone with a better antenna so i can communicate to others that is nokia is "connecting people" i still believe to nokia remember in term of sales nokia is no. 3 but how many percent of the world still using nokia running in s40? billion! why because majority of the world cant afford apple and android. can apple and android make a smartphone in a lower price? i dont think so
only nokia can do that. they can kill nokia in the US of A
but for the billion user of nokia they can, people are just waiting for nokia comeback
go nokia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. markyhuan posted on 02 Aug 2011, 20:01 0
im using c3 s40 , see because smartphone is very expensive
16. Kyle (unregistered) posted on 08 Aug 2011, 12:06 0
If the 1ghz arm11 processor has real life performance of an actual 400 mhz processor, then the N8's 680 MHz arm 11 processor should be used only on calculators!!