Nokia #1 in Russia again
0. phoneArena 15 Sep 2013, 17:12 posted on
According to the latest data by Euroset, Nokia surpassed Samsung in Russia this past summer, capturing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
It is normal cuz russians doesnt buy smartphone
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If it is not a secret, from what country you are?
13. Kal-el (Posts: 93; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Because in soviet russia smartphones BUY U! LOLz
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What your comment has to do with my comment?
19. wilsong17 (unregistered)
nokia is microsoft what are you talking about
15. rd_nest (Posts: 1591; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Euroset is a big retailer in Russia. The data is for their retail sales only, not for entire country. BTW, Nokia have dropped in value even though their shares increased. Nokia's share in terms of value is 15%, down 23%. Samsung is same at 32%.
5. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
This is largely due to the the promotion Nokia was running. Buy any Nokia smartphone and receive 2 fifths of vodka and Nokia branded wooly bluetooth earmuffs!
7. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Russia the coldest country in the world.
Never wonder which tactile phone are running ok with gloves???? >> NOKIA
Imagine you live there do you seriously a smartphone that require you to remove you gloves even to answer a call! In russia Apple Fanboyz dont have fingers coz they're frozen :))
11. lalalaman (Posts: 630; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
s4 has super sensitive touch but so does lumia 520 :D:D:D
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
but they have finger print scanner.....
8. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
It's not clear if this is about all handsets or only smartphones.
9. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
You're right. This is probably all handsets, because window phones have only ~8% smartphone market share in Russia. Nokia has less than 8%.
10. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
That Windows phone share of 8.9% is for Q1. This is for Q2 which must have improved a lot with handsets like 620, 720.
12. ianbbaa (Posts: 305; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Eldar Murtazin is "happy" again about this news...
14. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
This is not smartphone share but overall mobile phone share.
Nokia still sells loads of Asha phones, much more than Lumias
18. davitdavtyan (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Nokia is making a great smartphones and it has nothing to do with anything. This is fact that Nokia came back with a great smartphones with high quality. Nokia Lumia lines are very high quality and windows phone OS is getting more and more better.