No, you don't need to turn the Sharp Aquos Crystal around to take a phone call
3. techperson211 (Posts: 1102; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Now this is amazing!! Innovation at it's finest!!! Kudos Sharp!
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Keeping mum about the innovation unlike Apple.
Though I'm more concerned about call quality and battery life as it uses a direct wave receiver which actually vibrates the entire screen in order to create sound.
21. Sealblaighter (Posts: 181; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Hi! Do you want to buy a good quality made in Japan smart phone? Well, I can help you! There are some sites, from where you can buy smart phones from the largest Japanese carrier, Ntt Docomo. You can go and visit kyoex(dot)com.(I can not post links).
26. SamDroid (unregistered)
How much do they pay you?
30. Sealblaighter (Posts: 181; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Nope, I am just a huge Japanese smart phone fan. :D Why they would pay me if they do not want to enter in global markets(at least not yet)?
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Now THAT'S COOL
I wonder how the quality is though.
4. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Ahh glad other company do this first rather than apple start claiming it is their invention and patent it.
5. techperson211 (Posts: 1102; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
That's what I'm thinking when I wrote down my comment. Hahahaha +1.
6. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 895; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Phone from Japan is a big NO for me
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL...you're just a troll. People in China buy Sony phones as well and they didn't say the same as you. You should go out more often, there are probably many things you don't know about.
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I don't know what your Chinese government propaganda says, but Japanese people don't what anything bad for you. Just the fact that you were in war in the past makes you hate them? Dude. Finland has been enemies with basically all of its neighbours. And now what? We're the best friends even with the mighty Russia, because we know that they are extremely important for our economy for example.
22. Sealblaighter (Posts: 181; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Hate is not healthy, do not forget what I said. Just forget the past. Japan is now "punished", because they do not want to marry and have children. At this rate, the population will be only half within around 30 years.
27. Ashoaib (Posts: 3132; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
do you need to speak it out and show your foolishness... if you dont like japan, no problem, dont like but plz dont spit it out infront of us (PA users)
8. deamzdoll (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
the bottom of the phone is kept like that for Apple to eliminate it in future and declare a patent for a complete bezel less device,i really wonder!,when they can apply directwave technology for the earpiece,its questionable why they failed to hide the visible sensors panel at the bottom,microphone can be placed at the frame build,similarly the proximity and image sensor too under the screen,couldn't understand the logic in full,they developed the bulb and still saying a candle is better then the bulb.
9. twens (Posts: 906; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
All this is going to hurt android OEMS at the midrange level. Anyways, it will only force them to make better phones. The screen only can make you take this over some flagship devices.
13. Cyberchum (Posts: 636; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
one of the pros of small bezels is compatibility/one handed usability. Now the bottom bezel is a big NO, half of it could've gone to the top. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice device but it could've been better. I don't know how this will look in a case, hope the frame is made of Kevlar or carbon fiber.
14. Zapp_B (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I became obsessed with this phone the moment i saw it.
15. xondk (Posts: 766; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Definitly new and interesting, however I see some practical problems.
And I seem to recall somewhere being mentioned that the vibrations can give durability problems, could be that they have fixed it though.
As for the misclick thing while calling, a lot of telephone services, or support phone numbers require you to enter numbers to get to the right destination, Hopefully there is practical way of doing this that doesn't trigger the proximity sensor constantly or what it has.
So it is going to be interesting once this phone gets into the hands of consumers and they can give feedback, since I have absolutely no clue if this kind of phone will be practical for actual phone usage.
16. irbaaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
It has been a long time when i read a article about that technology
Now seen it on phone , really appreciable..
18. osaFromJava (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Sharp is The Thing in japan.. You know..JAPAN..the holy land of technology.
No wonder they make such innovative phone
19. tomn1ce (Posts: 183; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Nice piece of hardware and about time that sharp brings their smartphones to the USA. I hope this is only the first of many to come. Nice price, $250......
20. JC557 (Posts: 1289; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I thought the Kyocera hydro or something used a similar tech in lieu of an earpiece. Some reviewers managed to still get decent call quality through a helmet.
23. JEverettnow (Posts: 224; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
This is shaping up to be a solid midrange phone. You can't get much better for $250. I can't wait until they ship it to us so I get to use it. Hopefully sales are good so they send us the 1080p version as well. I'm wondering if Son and the new CEO of sprint are going to start bringing phones in from Sony and other manufacturers.
24. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this phone is so weird (headless) ..lol but kudos to sharp for that innovation!
28. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
This phone is actually more revolutionary than i thought. Really nice.
29. Venkatramanan (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
@gigaraga, i really surprise by seeing your comments. i thought You will praise only the innovations are done by Samsung. Anyway i like it. Keep it up.