No home court advantage for Samsung; South Korean judge refuses to ban Apple iPhone and Apple iPad
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2013, 01:48 posted on
Poor Samsung. Constantly finding itself on the short end of U.S. court decisions, you would have thought that having the home court advantage in South Korea would help turn things around. Instead, judge Judge Shim Woo-yong ruled on Thursday against Samsung and refused to issue a sales ban on some Apple products in the country...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I think the losers here are Americans; sorry that I said so. South Korean court has set an example to emulate especially courts in America where they in many occasion find Samsung guilty. There is JUSTICE in South Korea and I believe American court can do more than that. Let's all accommodate one another!
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 1601; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
There are neither losers nor are they winners, do you realize that Sammy is the giant that ate up South Korea? Justice is served when the ruling goes in this favor.http://www.independent.co.uk/n
14. saurik (Posts: 86; Member since: 13 May 2013)
Whoa! That was an interesting article. "Tax evasion, bribery and price-fixing: How Samsung became the giant that ate Korea" The headline says it all. +1
21. Altair (Posts: 364; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Nothing new here. Everyone know that Samsung is very low morale company. They shamelessly do bribery, evade taxes, copy others ideas and designs, hire people to bash competitors etc.
Shamesung shame on you
22. PBXtech (Posts: 997; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
The consumers are the losers more often than not.
18. Altair (Posts: 364; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Without Americans, Kim would be ruling at South Korea. In that case Samsung would be prevented to copy capitalist technology!
27. techaman (unregistered)
with out sk america would be in the crap house no tech apples does not make phones here they make them other that side of the planet to make them selves money and make deals with other companys about pat. lending so they dont get sued all the time, without samsungs patents you would not have the 3g tech or many others you use everyday.
15. rd_nest (Posts: 1052; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Your birth certificate is an apology letter from condom industry to whole humanity.
33. Ashoaib (Posts: 2610; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Samsung forgot that Korea doesnt have sCourts like US have iCourts
2. androiphone20 (Posts: 1601; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
"We are glad the Korean court joined
others around the world in standing up
for real innovation and rejecting
Samsung's ridiculous claims."
9. hung2900 (Posts: 845; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I am sad the American court doesn't joined
others around the world in standing up
for real innovation, not rounded corner,
bound-back or swipe-to-unlock and still
accepted Apple's stupid claims.
32. donfem (Posts: 568; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
So, if there is so much "bribery and corruption" which in your opinion Samsung is guilty of according to the article you dug up, is it any wonder that the same corrupt standards you claim against Sammy can be used to argue that "fruit" penetrated the Korean judicial system to get the verdict?
3. Taters (Posts: 3749; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The judge should have screwed Apple over as a message to Obama and the US courts. Too bad. Missed opportunity to teach Americans a valuable lesson.
5. rantao333 (Posts: 300; Member since: 21 May 2013)
too bad, there is no fanboyism in the court.
7. Taters (Posts: 3749; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
There was in US courts and the president stuck his nose in. I guess that is why America pisses everyone off, even Canadians.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 14141; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Shhhhhhhhhhh, there there it's ok. Baby want him binky?
35. bibekpachhai (unregistered)
28. techaman (unregistered)
its all fanboyism judges kid wants a iphone so she can be like the other girls, so dont ban it just like america.
19. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
But in general, much worse than the US court.
25. tedkord (Posts: 6251; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Now if we could just get some in the US courts.
12. skyline88 (Posts: 374; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
2 thumbs up! this clearly shows that South Korean court is not biased, unlike those pathetic Americans. keep it up, well done :)
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 2146; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Korean pres should just pull an Obama and ban Apple under his own jurisdiction.
20. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
The case was too obvious. Sammy sued Apple just to make a lawsuit case for press releases.
Even worse, two of Sammy's very questionable patents are invalidated at the same time.
23. PBXtech (Posts: 997; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
$95,100? Why was this even brought up in court, damages that low aren't worth the effort unless SS was positioning for future lawsuits.
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Jingoism prevails over principles of Natural Justice in America. I say this as most Indians know how Merica protects the culprit -- Warren Anderson -- of Bhopal Gas Disaster which killed, disabled thousands of humans (not Americans though).
34. donfem (Posts: 568; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
When it comes to protectionism, we know how it works.