No SMS/MMS support for Google Babel/Hangouts?
0. phoneArena 06 May 2013, 00:55 posted on
The same source that gave out some information on Saturday about Google Babel is back with some more speculation including the word that Babel will be called Google Hangouts (plural) but will not offer support for SMS or MMS messages; he also added that Google Now will soon be getting location based reminders and that it is about 10 days away from launching...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
aw, i was hoping that it would have SMS/MMS support so i'd just have one unified messaging service. o:
5. gustavoace (Posts: 118; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
They cannot include babel as primary SMS/MMS service. It may have this function (same as facebook has), because gApps is not necessary for android (despite FairSearch says it does) and in some markets, like China, they use a complete different suit of apps.
2. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Google never finishes anything properly..... since gmail :(
At least still much better than competition.
3. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Isn't there already a Google product/service called Hangouts, or some such???
6. Astro551 (Posts: 46; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
Yeh Google Hangouts is their video calling service. Unless they have some rebranding going on the final name will probably change.
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
2) desktop sharing
3) desktop control
4) multi video calling
probably the best solution except for some problems with connection
4. greyhulk (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
So, then we're just getting Google Talk 1.1? If it doesn't do SMS, what good is it? I thought it was supposed to be an iMessage competitor.